Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten or given a subscription to Knit-wise? If so, did you do a monthly or quarterly subscription? Would a monthly subscription be too much for a busy mom?

My DD is really busy raising 3 sons, a 14 and 12 yr old and an 18 month old, but wants to find some time to indulge her artistic passion. She enjoys knitting and has started crocheting. If she received projects on a regular basis it might encourage her to find some time for herself.

I like the description of the packages on the Knit-wise site, essentially the inclusion of all needed yarn, tools and instructions. But I don't know what type of kits will be in each one. I just wonder if a monthly subscription would overwhelm her with WIPs.

Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
With 3 kids to run after perhaps she may become overwhelmed with a monthly subscription. Why not ask her, she could check out the Knit Wise website and see what would suit her best. Sounds like a great idea though. Jen.
EDIT: I just had a look at their web site, it also looks like a great gift idea.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had a subscription to Knit & Crochet Today and ended up canceling it. I don't have kids, but it was still too much. I was also gifted a yarn club membership and got a pattern and 1 skein of fingering weight each month. Three years later I'm still trying to use up that yarn. I knit every day and love it. Somehow there is pressure if it just keeps coming in the mailbox. Maybe a gift card to a wonderful LYS or hand dyer would be less pressure.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
sngbrd said:
Has anyone gotten or given a subscription to Knit-wise? If so, did you do a monthly or quarterly subscription? Would a monthly subscription be too much for a busy mom?

My DD is really busy raising 3 sons, a 14 and 12 yr old and an 18 month old, but wants to find some time to indulge her artistic passion. She enjoys knitting and has started crocheting. If she received projects on a regular basis it might encourage her to find some time for herself. I like the description of the packages on the Knit-wise site, essentially the inclusion of all needed yarn, tools and instructions. But I don't know what type of kits will be in each one. I just wonder if a monthly subscription would overwhelm her with WIPs.

Any advice or suggestions?
I used to enjoy just looking for the therapy. I had no time to knit or sew and no money to buy a thing, so when our first was a newborn I'd take him to the fabric store including in the snow. He'd sleep the whole time we were gone and be so tired the next day he'd sleep extra then too.

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
I remember when my children were all young, it was hard to find any "me time" I would grab a few minutes here and their but I could never really get much done, she might feel like it's a waste if she can't complete anything ......could you buy her some nice yarn and a nice book that has a good mix ...that would be easy to pick up whenever she has a little time for herself

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nanamel14 said:
I remember when my children were all young, it was hard to find any "me time" I would grab a few minutes here and their but I could never really get much done, she might feel like it's a waste if she can't complete anything ......could you buy her some nice yarn and a nice book that has a good mix ...that would be easy to pick up whenever she has a little time for herself
Yes, that's a good idea. I'll probably do that, although I'm still looking at the once-a-quarter subscription option. A yarn every 3 months might not be too bad. She's a fast knitter, when she carves out some time :sm01:

·
Registered
655 Posts
How about those one skein project books? They have some lovely projects which might not feel very overwhelming to her at this time. You might even want to include a skein or two for her first project(s) and the tools necessary for each project. I think she will love your thoughtfulness.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PRIN4 said:
How about those one skein project books? They have some lovely projects which might not feel very overwhelming to her at this time. You might even want to include a skein or two for her first project(s) and the tools necessary for each project. I think she will love your thoughtfulness.
:sm24: Good idea!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom