Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you probably do the same thing as I do when it comes to knitting from a knitting book, but just incase.

I photo copy the pattern, sometimes even enlarge it. I can then highlight the size I'm knitting and also make any comments on it without ruining my actual book.

Barbara12

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Barbara12 said:
Most of you probably do the same thing as I do when it comes to knitting from a knitting book, but just incase.

I photo copy the pattern, sometimes even enlarge it. I can then highlight the size I'm knitting and also make any comments on it without ruining my actual book.

Barbara12
I do that too.

·
Registered
22,470 Posts
Usually do that with complicated patterns that I might want to mark up. Otherwise, I work off the computer or the book. Am following a complicated stitch design pattern now directely from a book.

Since I usually make up my own patterns, it is only the stitch patterns that might need a visual direction. I try to learn the pattern as quickly as I can so I dont need the written form.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I do that too ... and especially with charts because I highlight each row as I do it.

I have also started scanning in my written patterns to store on my computer (especially after one member had a problem with a Mary Maxim pattern getting ruined and they wanted to charge her for another one)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I use sticky notes to mark rows completed or pattern repeats if they are a bit complicated. I will also mark on a sticky if I've had to change yarn or needles or both. That becomes a permanent addition to the pattern. The pattern sheet is still clean and I can use another sticky for future changes.
Yvette

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Barbara12-It's ok, girls. It's something most of us do to save our precious books. And for anyone concerned, most books/patterns will give permission from the publisher/designer for the purchaser to make a copy as a working copy to be used by the purchaser only. That covers the copyright issue (PLEASE, that statement is not meant to start another crazy, mean spirited, ugly comments list of posts about copyright. We've already been down that road way to many times!!!). Denise

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
Barbara12 said:

Barbara12
I do that too with most patterns, then if I am knitting 'out and about' doesnt matter if they get messed up or lost, and if at home I do it just in case tweeking mode kicks in. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom