Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am the lucky owner of a chunky 260 (and knitmaster 700) and a beginner. I really like the chunky because I can use the cheaper thicker wool and practise as much as I like.
Father Xmas will bring me a knitleader 116 but I don't have the chunky stitch scales. Will I be able to use the standard stitch scales that come with the knitleader but divide the stitches by 2. Or can I use the plastic number scale from my knitmaster (the one that sits under the needles) and put it on my chunky so it reads the standard needle number (do I make any sense?). I would really like the find a way to make the Knit leader work with the standard scales, so please do any of you experienced knitters know a way around it. Thank you very much

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome to the site Linda. Congrats on your purchase. The Brother KH-260 should have included a set of stitch scale. Check with the seller and see if they missed it out.

I noticed that by the way you used the term "wool", you're not in the US. There is an eBay vendor in NY, USA, that sells the set of stitch scale for the Brother bulky. You may want to contact him and see how much it costs to ship internationally to you. I'm guessing that the stitch scale for the bulky are being reproduced in China. This eBay seller is Chinese, I think. You may want to ask him if he'd know of another seller in your country that sells them to save shipping cost.

Here's Leanneco, an eBay seller from New York, USA: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stitch-Scale-Set-1-24-for-Bulky-Knitting-Machine-/121007646679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2c9e27d7

As for using the standard for the bulky in a sense of what you're trying to do, it looks as if it should work. However, I haven't tried it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom