Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it's me again, been sussing out the knitleader 116 and have a couple of things I need help with, 1:there is no mylar sheet but is some largish sheets of graph paper that came with it, but they are only about 2/3 of the width of the knitleader are these used instead of mylar sheets. 2:I have a mylar sheet from a toyota knittracer can i use this in the brother one, again it is only about 2/3 the width of the knitleader. 3:there are no stitch scales (seems like these things always get lost, must be a lot of them hiding under beds somewhere lol) have seen some on ebay but not sure what i should be looking for the set I saw there was only 8. again I have a set from a knit tracer but again are only 2/3 length. 4: mechanical problem knit tracer, when the knob on the side is turned should the sheet feeder turn also. thanks for any help on any of this stuff

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
redgem said:
Ok it's me again, been sussing out the knitleader 116 and have a couple of things I need help with, 1:there is no mylar sheet but is some largish sheets of graph paper that came with it, but they are only about 2/3 of the width of the knitleader are these used instead of mylar sheets. 2:I have a mylar sheet from a toyota knittracer can i use this in the brother one, again it is only about 2/3 the width of the knitleader. 3:there are no stitch scales (seems like these things always get lost, must be a lot of them hiding under beds somewhere lol) have seen some on ebay but not sure what i should be looking for the set I saw there was only 8. again I have a set from a knit tracer but again are only 2/3 length. 4: mechanical problem knit tracer, when the knob on the side is turned should the sheet feeder turn also. thanks for any help on any of this stuff
You will need the full size plastic graph sheet and full set of stitch scales for a Brother

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
If you are having a problem with the knob turning, make sure the orange knob is not pushed in. And yes the feeder should turn. You should have a set of scales for the 116. If you don't, then contact Newton's 714-634-9116 for a replacement set and mylar sheet.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You will need the mylar (plastic) sheet to draw your patterns on as well as the rulers. The rulers determine what settings you should have for the knit leader .
I just found this site www.newtons.com. I got a quick reply to my questions. Looks like I will be placing an order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Redgem, I live in sth Island NZ I have some spare sheets for Brother 116 knit leader also some no sheets and the metric white ruler, you can use a waterbased marker to draw you pattern on the sheets. You can have them for the cost of postage. pm me.KiwiJo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom