Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
gramadolly said:
Looks like a great site. I crochet and I haven't tried cashmere. It looks like it's mostly for knitters. Can you crochet with it?
Sure. The only yarn I won't use to crochet is if it splits easily. It looks beautiful but for the life of me I can't find the weight or yardage. They redesigned their site and it's a little tricky I guess.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
tvarnas said:
Sure. The only yarn I won't use to crochet is if it splits easily. It looks beautiful but for the life of me I can't find the weight or yardage. They redesigned their site and it's a little tricky I guess.
The Capra is DK weight, the Capretta is fingering. I could not find this using my tablet, had to go to the computer to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ladams123 said:
The Capra is DK weight, the Capretta is fingering. I could not find this using my tablet, had to go to the computer to figure it out.
Thank you. I found a few links that did not work. I finally was able to send an email. This is the second redesigned site I found that is almost impossible to navigate with a tablet. grrr

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ladams123 said:
Thank you. I found a few links that did not work. I finally was able to send an email. This is the second redesigned site I found that is almost impossible to navigate with a tablet. grrr

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ladams123, I received an email from KnitPicks telling me where to find the yarn specs. I explained the problems I had as well as what you said about having to use your PC to access the info. I told her tablet users will be frustrated if we continue to have these types of problems. I'll let you know if I get another reply.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Cashmere Yarn specs (from knitpicks website)

Capra Cashmere
Fiber Content: 85% Merino Wool, 15% Cashmere
Yarn Weight: DK
Knitting Gauge: 5 - 5.5 sts = 1" on #5-7 needles (4 mm-4.5mm)
Yards: 123yds
Grams: 50g
Put Up: Ball
Care: Hand Wash/Dry Flat

Capretta Yarn
Fiber Content: 80% Fine Merino Wool, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon
Yarn Weight: Fingering
Knitting Gauge: 7-8 sts = 1 on #1-3 needles (2.25mm - 3.25mm)
Crochet Gauge: 21 – 32 sc = 4'' on B - E hooks (2.25mm-3.5mm)
Yards: 230yds
Grams: 50g
Put Up: ball
Care: Hand Wash/Dry Flat

Gigi

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
They really weren't that hard, honest. I spent a some time on you tube looking at every "intarsia" how to video I could find. I practiced on a dishcloth pattern and then just went for it.

The hardest part was weaving in the ends. That took forever, but it was worth it.

Gigi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom