Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my Knitpicks needles yesterday!! they are 47" cables sizes 1, 2 and 3. i have two pairs of socks on them already! i LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! the cables are sooooo flexable and the wooden needles are so smooth and colorful!!! does any one else use these??

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I went to a knitting class tonight and a lady had them.....I want them....maybe next month I'll buy less groceries : )

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bnewns said:
I love the harmony interchangeables. I just ordered the zephra (?) so I can take them on the airplane with me, they have a special right now for $10.00 off making them $39.00 a set.
oooo what sizes are they??? i would buy interchangeables!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I, too, love these needles and their customer service is exceptional - got a set of Harmony Wooden needles ~ 4's thru 11's as a retirement present to myself and they are fabulous! And their customer service is outstanding - one of the 4's snapped off at the join and I emailed them with the problem...within a week I had replacement needles ~ didn't even have to return the broken needle/s. Their yarn is fantastic also and very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hello - I ordered a sample set of interchangeables from Knitpicks, which has Harmony, Zephyr and Nickel needles. It was a good way to make the decision on which to buy. Does anyone have a preference? I like them all, but am partial to Harmony ( I think just because they're so pretty!).

·
Registered
22,470 Posts
Are the Harmony needles really smooth? Some wools dont slide over my bamboo needles very well and then I usually prefer the metal ones. Some of the metal needles are very slick.
What is it like working with these Harmony sticks. The picture makes them look like they are polished smooth or are coated? Is that true?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have 2 sets of the wooden one, 1 set of the clear, and one set of the metal. I love the points on the Knitpicks and have them all because of the way different yarns react. (with silk yarn, I always use wooden, the yarn does not slide as much...with wool, the metal needles work the best...and so on) These are my favorite brand of needles.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I started out with a set of the nickel needles with the carrying case, then added as I went along. One of the advantages of the set is that you can take the needles off when finishing the ribbing at the bottom of a sweater and simply attach larger needles on the same cable and keep right on going. Also, you can take off the nedles, attach a size market, cap the ends of the cable and use the needles on a different project if you ;need a change of project because you are tired of what you've been working on. The size market will always be there to remind you of what needle to reattach when you want to resume the first project.

They now have added gizmos that allow you to splice two cables together to get a really large size cable for truly huge projects like blankets and shawls worked lengthwise.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just another note about the Knitpicks needles...If you have a problem (I had a burr on a needle), call them and tell them your problem. They have great customer service!!! (they sent me a new set of needles to replace the one with the burr...at no charge)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I, too, love the harmony point needles and I have both double points and interchangeables. I think they have a lifetime guarantee and I've called a couple of times because a needle came apart and it was replaced, free of charge, and arrived in just a few days. Really nice customer support people. I saw on their website the other day that these needles are available in a few stores throughout the US -- about 250 stores are carrying them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have one set of the Harmony straight needles which are lovely. I am debating using the Knit Picks nickel plated circular size 6 for a wrap I am attempting, a simple 18 stitch, 4 row repeat fan & leaves pattern.

I have learned, after ripping out rows for the 3rd time , just how important a "lifeline" is to lace knitting, even a simple pattern. The yarn overs (YO) keep slipping off the needle as I work the knit row after the pattern row, & it is a royal pain in the neck to try to pick them up again to place on the needle. My stitch count is ALWAYS off, resulting in my slipping my knitting off the needles & ripping out to below the last YO row.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom