Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Materials:
I used fun fur - white with multi colors flecks material = a caterpillar! LOL!! Or, you could use scraps of dk, WW. cotton or other yarn. Eyelash yarn would be sweet!!
Needles to gauge of yarn
1 pair googly eyes - perhaps puffy paint
******** I made spectecles, too out of hubby's soldering
materials, used a crochet hook to wind around
and shape the eyes leaving a cut end to fashion
into the yarn to keep them on.

Pattern:
Cast on 80 - 100 sts (any multipe.)

1st row: K2tog, repeat across

2nd row: Cast off '''''''tightly'''''', working k2tog across the row. **** Right here, I K 2tog then CO (BO).

Cut a long tail - I use a crochet hook and make a ring at the end and sc in it until full, end off.....weave in ends. book).

Apply eyes, glasses, etc. Keep it, too! LOL!!

Donna Rae

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((((( I've got it in a link. ADMIN won't let me post links in replies or new topics. You can surf for the pattern & pic, though. I gave the made item away and din't take pics. It works up pdq, though. The funkier the yarn, the better! Remember to make solder eyeglasses for the worm! LOL!! ))))))))))))

Debbie J said:
Can you post a picture? Please??? =)

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(((((((( You're welcome. Copper would probably be just as pliable as solder wire. @@ Good luck!!

Debbie J said:
We have spome copper wire that I will get hubby to make glasses for the worm. Thank you!

·
Registered
576 Posts
We have solder wire, but I think the copper would look so cool! And I can paint the glasses any color I want. LOL I have some fun fur and am wanting to make some of these for gifts. My opinion is you can never have too many book marks!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
((((( Bravo! Let's do it!!

I always make a bookmark at the end of the project to give to the recipient of the larger item......especially baby gifts + the yarn label + baby detergent (to wash items before putting on baby) + any extra yarn left in the event they need to call me in to make a repair! LOL!!

Debbie J said:
We have solder wire, but I think the copper would look so cool! And I can paint the glasses any color I want. LOL I have some fun fur and am wanting to make some of these for gifts. My opinion is you can never have too many book marks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom