Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Are you wanting a bunny as part of the design or one of those blankets with the bunny head, like a small pillow, at the corner. If it is the one with the head at the corner, I have a pattern that I made up for one of those. You knit the blanket from one corner, increasing as you go, then decreasing after you reach your desired size. Then near the end, you make the head. I make both sides at the same time, then stuff it just before finishing it off. Hard to explain, but if you are interested email me and I will get you the pattern.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Hi Tinko..Coincidence...I don't have bunny rabbit, but I have Teaddy Bear..Crystal Palace Teddy Bear Merina 5 Baby Blanket
Knittingonthenet..Heart Baby Blanket
" " " ...Moon and Stars Blanket.

I am going to do the hearts one in scarlet red! Yes! I am trying to get away from all the "baby" colors. Bears will be in Bernat Softee's Soft Peach. Wish I could find a soft, soft brown..but no luck. Looking for bright yellow for M & S, not baby yellow.
If you find bunnies, please let me know. Hope this helps..sorry, nor bunnies..heard there are also ducks, etc. Oh..all of the above are knit/purl..just follow pattern. Hildy

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Thanks, Thelma..what colors did you do bears in? I'm finishing a basketweave now..so boring..never again..so I'm ready for the bears. Thanks for the links..Hildy

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Hi Hildy.

I made a pink one using Crystal Palace yarns: Merino 5 Dogwood Pinks #9816 and Bunny Hop Strawberry #4891 (Crystal Pink #0205 would work too).

The pattern calls for Dogwood Pinks and Blush. But, I thought Blush was too "warm" for the Dogwood Pink, so I used Bunny Hop instead. I bought the yarns from Yarnmarket.com

Then I made one using Crystal Palace Misty Greens #2304 with Karabella Aurora 8 Pistachio #307. I loved this blanket. I hunted around for better prices, which I found at yarncountry.com and Yarnzilla.com. Of course, yarnmarket.com has them as well.

The third blanket was made at a time when I couldn't afford to spend what I did on the prior blankets so I used a cotton yarn called Sugar n' Cream using varigated colors of blue, cream and light browns.

I made all my blankets larger than called for by just adding another panel. I used 6 skeins of each color (you need a total of 588 yards of each skein to make the blanket -- of the size I made). Naturally, if you make the blanket in the size suggested in the pattern just buy what the pattern calls for, 5 skeins of each color.

I also used a size 10.5 circular needle, instead of the size called for in the pattern (size 11). I found the size 11 to make a very loose knit... I didn't like it because the "design" was not defined. The 10.5 was perfect for me.

I may have given you more info than you asked, but I thought it could be helpful.

Keep me posted.

Thelma

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Good morning, Thelma and Tinko..Great info, Thelma..never too much. First, I believe we are clever enough to graph a bunny picture, like the bear..just have to find the right bunny! I like your idea of enlarging..I do that with diagonals and whenever I can..baby b's are mostly too small...babies do grow fast!! I have a query..I have not done a two-thread blanket yet even if it calls for it..noticed the bear suggests "shading". Is that necessary? I saw a yarn that is a thin silky white "thread-like" that I might make a swatch of with the peach. Oh..my sun's up! Time change! Yea! Love the longer days! Tinko, I hope some of this has helped..Thelma and I will keep at it..love a challenge! Have a great Sunday! Hildy

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Hildy,

The pattern stated: "Entire blanket is knitted with one strand of each color held tog." So that's what I did. I guess I didn't know well enough to question it. I didn't find it to be a problem. Could be that the yarns I used were well suited for these instructions?

I didn't understand your question regarding "shading"... please restate it.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Hey Palenque..always glad for your input. Talked with my DIL this a.m. and she is also using two yarns, so I'll try a swatch. I use single to save yarn. Shading, to me, is how the picture appears which comes from the two different colors suggested, probably like variegated yarn. At Michaels today I saw the softest light brown and was sooo tempted, but decided it might be more appropriate for a little later age-wise and size. More later..Hildy

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Hey Sharonlee...thanks..hadn't thought of that. Also, Easter is right upon us and there are bunnies everywhere but I did not see any today that would work. Just have to keep on keeping on, right? Thanks again..Hildy

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Hey Hildy... Good for you, girl. You're gonna take the punge and give knitting with two strands a try.

Ahh.. yes, shading. Well, in actually, the "shading" would occur with or without the different colored yarns as suggested, I think. The bear design "pops out" (so to speak) because the design is made of stitches opposite to the background.

If the bear is purled, then the background is made in the knit stitch. If the bear is knit --then background is purled.

However, the varigated yarn makes it interesting, in my opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom