Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just got this book from the library and am sorely tempted to make a couple of these little critters. With the exception of one or two minor gripes, all the reviews I have read on the internet are very complimentary about the production of the book and the designs. But I have yet to find one from someone who has actually knitted up a dinosaur. So, any hints or tips from anyone who has knitted from these patterns would be welcomed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
louiseguilfoyle said:
Hi Paula, I have just put a pic on of two dinosaurs I knit for my nephew Bradly. So have a look on the pictures page. I knit them from Zoe Hlasteads book, knitted and felted toys.
Louise
Thanks, Louise. This book I have, "Knitted dinasaurs" is by Tina Barrett, but will look at yours too. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Hello Paula,I have knitted some very nice dinosaurs but from a Jean Greenhowe pattern,this pattern includes cavemen,about 3inches high...went down well with my grandsons,sorry can`t give you more information...old story loaned my pattern out,never got it back...happy knitting. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
I have also knitted dinosaurs from Jean Greenhowe's booklet "Toy Collection" and they were easy, fun, quick and very much loved by the grandchildren. The only change I made was to use worsted weight yarn and bigger needles. Happy knitting. Mary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,215 Posts
I agree, Paula. As you follow the pattern and you create your own dino, you'll put your own "signature" on it, as anyone does when they knit/crochet anything. No two dinos are ever the same. Make your unique dino and I'm sure it will be amazing! Go for it and have fun! Can't wait to see your pic!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,833 Posts
This is so strange. I was thinking about knitting a dinosauer for one of my neighbors little 3 year old son. He loves dinosaurs and she gave my daughter some baby clothes for my 5 mo. old GS. I am making a little sweater for her 9 mo. old daughter. I am hoping to find a simple dinosaur to make him 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I've knit the stegosaurus from Tina Barrett's book and it turned out great! No problems following the pattern. She knits everything flat and then seams it. Next dino I knit from her book I'll probably switch to knitting several pieces in the round to reduce the amount of sewing! Good luck. I'm sure it will turn out great. Post pictures when you're done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
najemok said:
I've knit the stegosaurus from Tina Barrett's book and it turned out great! No problems following the pattern. She knits everything flat and then seams it. Next dino I knit from her book I'll probably switch to knitting several pieces in the round to reduce the amount of sewing! Good luck. I'm sure it will turn out great. Post pictures when you're done!
Thank you so much for the feedback - reassuring. I'll give it a go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
I just had to look them up. They are so cute, Louise! How long did you felt them?

louiseguilfoyle said:
Hi Paula, I have just put a pic on of two dinosaurs I knit for my nephew Bradly. So have a look on the pictures page. I knit them from Zoe Hlasteads book, knitted and felted toys.
Louise
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,067 Posts
Sam, here are some links for your to check out. :)

http://www.squidoo.com/dinosaurknittingpatterns
http://craftatticresources.blogspot.com/2010/06/dragon-and-dinosaur-knit-and-crochet.html
http://www.deramores.com/dinosaur-knit-along?utm_source=simply_knitting&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=dinosaur_kal

:mrgreen:

sam0767 said:
This is so strange. I was thinking about knitting a dinosauer for one of my neighbors little 3 year old son. He loves dinosaurs and she gave my daughter some baby clothes for my 5 mo. old GS. I am making a little sweater for her 9 mo. old daughter. I am hoping to find a simple dinosaur to make him 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,833 Posts
Aunt Nay said:
Sam, here are some links for your to check out. :)

http://www.squidoo.com/dinosaurknittingpatterns
http://craftatticresources.blogspot.com/2010/06/dragon-and-dinosaur-knit-and-crochet.html
http://www.deramores.com/dinosaur-knit-along?utm_source=simply_knitting&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=dinosaur_kal

:mrgreen:

sam0767 said:
This is so strange. I was thinking about knitting a dinosauer for one of my neighbors little 3 year old son. He loves dinosaurs and she gave my daughter some baby clothes for my 5 mo. old GS. I am making a little sweater for her 9 mo. old daughter. I am hoping to find a simple dinosaur to make him 1.
Thank you so much!!! I am going to check them out fnow for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I have knit all 4 of the Jean Greenhowe dinosaurs-easy and the GKs love. I went so far as to use 2 strands of dk yarn for the most recent brontosaurus because my grandson wanted a larger version. Came out cute and was easy to knit- just use larger needles than what is called for. Have also made some in 2ply yarn for the younger children; these should sell well at our Holiday Bazaar. Have fun with your project!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom