Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have done entrelac knitting and are now familiar with it take a look at this video to see if it will inspire you to try it using different stitches. the video doesn't show you "how to do it" but it is fascinating to watch.


have a great day, best regards, JOHN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
John Dornan said:
If you have done entrelac knitting and are now familiar with it take a look at this video to see if it will inspire you to try it using different stitches. the video doesn't show you "how to do it" but it is fascinating to watch.


have a great day, best regards, JOHN
John, great site, but if you go to the blog there are a few patterns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,187 Posts
Just getting started with entrelac but really don't care for the wrong side (purl) so have not made anything with this new found knitting. Watched two different videos and one said to slip the last stitch the other said to knit all stitches then purl back after turning.

Then tried crochet entrelac it was easier even though I am usually a knitter, but did not care for the ridge on the back side for a scarf.

Any suggestions or would these new stitches solve this problem for me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Janeway said:
Just getting started with entrelac but really don't care for the wrong side (purl) so have not made anything with this new found knitting. Watched two different videos and one said to slip the last stitch the other said to knit all stitches then purl back after turning.

Then tried crochet entrelac it was easier even though I am usually a knitter, but did not care for the ridge on the back side for a scarf.

Any suggestions or would these new stitches solve this problem for me?
Check out knitting backwards. Just saw something yesterday and that would eliminate the purl side and turning work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,229 Posts
StitchingFool said:
Janeway said:
Just getting started with entrelac but really don't care for the wrong side (purl) so have not made anything with this new found knitting. Watched two different videos and one said to slip the last stitch the other said to knit all stitches then purl back after turning.

Then tried crochet entrelac it was easier even though I am usually a knitter, but did not care for the ridge on the back side for a scarf.

Any suggestions or would these new stitches solve this problem for me?
Check out knitting backwards. Just saw something yesterday and that would eliminate the purl side and turning work.
Here's a great video for knitting backwards for entrelac or sock heel flaps:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=knitfreedom+purl+in+the+round&mid=108465CF855400CF82F4108465CF855400CF82F4&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,187 Posts
mopgenorth said:
StitchingFool said:
Janeway said:
Just getting started with entrelac but really don't care for the wrong side (purl) so have not made anything with this new found knitting. Watched two different videos and one said to slip the last stitch the other said to knit all stitches then purl back after turning.

Then tried crochet entrelac it was easier even though I am usually a knitter, but did not care for the ridge on the back side for a scarf.

Any suggestions or would these new stitches solve this problem for me?
Check out knitting backwards. Just saw something yesterday and that would eliminate the purl side and turning work.
Here's a great video for knitting backwards for entrelac or sock heel flaps:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=knitfreedom+purl+in+the+round&mid=108465CF855400CF82F4108465CF855400CF82F4&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1
Thanks will look at these later, Jane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,208 Posts
Yes fastinating...Lots of possibilities..
I have this book and LOVE IT!..

Thanks John :)
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom