Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi KP family,

I have missed being here so much! As some of you know I have been working on moving to CA for a year now. We finally are headed that way with the move date of 8/21. Thank you everyone that has welcomed me to CA and invited me to all your knitting meet and greets. I can't wait! That being said I am so looking forward to going to the Farmer's Market out there. I am looking for a free pattern for a large farmers market knitted bag. If you know of any I greatly appreciate it.

CA here I come!

Take care,
Kathy

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
What did you use for yarn on this bag, Connie?
It suggests Peaches and Cream but I have found it very stiff. Any suggestions on how to soften it? As it is I cannot stand to use it! Or sit, either! :wink:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
knitwitconnie said:
http://newandhorrible.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/pattern-hexagonal-market-bag/

The website is "I Knit for Justice"

Here is a bag that I have made several times and works great for marketing and the beach.
Thank you!! I love the look if these bags! I am printing the pattern as we speak. As the other member asked, what yarn did you use?

Take care,
Kathy

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SwampCatNana said:
What did you use for yarn on this bag, Connie?
It suggests Peaches and Cream but I have found it very stiff. Any suggestions on how to soften it? As it is I cannot stand to use it! Or sit, either! :wink:
I was going to use peaches and cream, but if there is another alternative durable but softer that would be great👍?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The yarn I used to make the market bags was purchased from my LYS and it is called "Fantasy Naturale." It is by Plymouth Yarn and is 100% cotton mercerized. It's fun to work with, but not cheap. Sugar and cream also works, although I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
SwampCatNana said:
Just checked out the yarn you mention, Connie, Really nice colors, and it looks soft, unlike the Peaches 'n Cream.
It is soft and has a sheen that I like. Also, it is mercerized and does not fade as quickly IMHO, so my dishcloths made with it look nice longer than other brands of cotton yarns.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
knitwitconnie said:
It is soft and has a sheen that I like. Also, it is mercerized and does not fade as quickly IMHO, so my dishcloths made with it look nice longer than other brands of cotton yarns.
Thank you for the information, I am going to try it!

Take care,
Kathy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom