Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
I have one that has raglan sleeves so it is all in one. You just have to hold stitches for the sleeves and pick up stitches for the hood or collar, if you prefer that. Very easy, it is the only baby sweater that I make. I have the pattern on an old piece of paper but I could possibly copy it for you.

· Registered
4,448 Posts
The "5 Hour Baby Sweater" (newborn/3 months) is a great pattern! I've made it for girls/boys/surprises & enjoy tweaking with colors (ie) to make each one unique. Change the thickness of the yarn & increase the needle size for a larger sweater.

· Registered
140 Posts
There is also the Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Although I have to say that for the most part I cannot stand EZs books and her minions,this is an easy little sweater to knit, all in garter stitch and just one seam. But if your're a beginner, don't hope to complete it using EZ's infamous "pithy" instructions. There's a Ravelry KAL with good tips for deciphering the pattern, and a number of good You Tube videos that shed enough light to get you through it. I know I'm gonna get a lotta grief from Zimmerman worshippers, but I said it and I'm stickin' to it. If you want to spend $10 to get the line by line pattern (which, oddly enough is NOT how you'd find it in her books...Don't get me started!) go to Schoolhouse Press to order. It claims that it also includes patterns for a child and adult size, but unless you're willing to spend hours trying to translate the dotty, disorganized blabbing into usable patterns, you will be disappointed. However, the Baby Surprise Jacket is written out in a conventional pattern style so you can actually, you know, KNIT from it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom