Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knitted mermaid tails with sequins added on the fins, each one sewn on individually! A Sirdar pattern, snuggly double knit, age from birth to 7 years. My granddaughters were desperate to have one but I'd only seen the patterns in crochet, thrilled to find a knitted version at my local Hobby Craft
Once I've washed them I'll post a picture of them wearing them

Attachments

·
Registered
17,788 Posts
They're darling.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for all your replies.
Yes, Canuckle49 it's Sirdar 4708.
The pink mermaid tail is size 0-6 months, the acqua one is 4-6 and the purple one is 6-7 although I found the length wasn't long enough, so maybe worth thinking about buying an extra ball of wool. I also did them to be worn up to the under arm and not from the waist as shown in the pattern. I'm looking for a pattern for a knitted clam shell that I'm going to sew on and stitch a pearl inside the shell

·
Registered
14,475 Posts
jackie from wales uk said:
Thank you for all your replies.
Yes, Canuckle49 it's Sirdar 4708.
The pink mermaid tail is size 0-6 months, the acqua one is 4-6 and the purple one is 6-7 although I found the length wasn't long enough, so maybe worth thinking about buying an extra ball of wool. I also did them to be worn up to the under arm and not from the waist as shown in the pattern
Thank you Jackie !
I have just been searching for the pattern and couldn't find it anywhere in the US so I checked eBay and found it there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361698730406

This listing had the best shipping price and the seller has more if anyone is interested.
Jackie, yours are beautiful and I will follow your advice on the extra yarn and make it longer than waist length. Thank you for sharing !

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom