Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Northernrobin said:
anyone seen one of these..my DD loves penguins..would like to make a soft stuffed knitted one...
I have a couple of patterns i think of knitted penquins. One is from the tv pingu, not sure about the others (would be willing to look and send) if you send me a private message with your email address. There is also a pattern of various penguins in the Jean Greenhowe book with a knitted scarcrow on the front. The children at my local school used to knit them when i taught them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ritchsgirl said:
http://flutterbypatch.blogspot.com/2009/05/knitted-penguins-and-icy-escape-blog-6.html

also there is an adorable crochet set that showed up earlier this week

www.bittersweetblog.wordpress.com
those are cute..and knitted not crocheted..but kind of small for a huggable soft sleep animoll..which is what she likes..I am wondering how big I could make it following her directions.. still waiting for the other email offer..but it looks like there are possiblities out there..I better find some yarn of the correct colors..black, white and yellow..have some mohair in black and white..not sure...if I should use that..the stuffing would show...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brenda1946 said:
Northernrobin said:
anyone seen one of these..my DD loves penguins..would like to make a soft stuffed knitted one...
I have a couple of patterns i think of knitted penquins. One is from the tv pingu, not sure about the others (would be willing to look and send) if you send me a private message with your email address. There is also a pattern of various penguins in the Jean Greenhowe book with a knitted scarcrow on the front. The children at my local school used to knit them when i taught them.
I have ordered the Jean Greenhowe book..have seen various knitted toys here on KP..never thought I would be making one..:) Thanks again, rbn

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jmarcus276 said:
Just thought i would share this.
I have made a couple of stuffed animals and have used a nylon stocking to hold the stuffing, the toy is still squishy but the stuffing doesnt come out even when washed
thanks, this is a good tip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom