Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has Knitter's Magazine Issue 64, Summer 2001, can you check it to see if it has a Santa pattern in it? I just posted a picture of my Santa I did a few years ago and I am almost positive it came from that issue. A lot of folks would like to find that pattern. And I cannot locate that issue at the moment in order to see if that is correct. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Type Knitter Magazine Issue 64, Summer 2001 in google and you might find the magazine listed. Or go to Interweave Press web site and type it in their search box.

Carol J.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I contacted Knitters Universe and they have replied that the magazine is "out of print and they do not provide individual patterns", therefore I am wondering if the copyright laws would apply.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jbenedict said:
I contacted Knitters Universe and they have replied that the magazine is "out of print and they do not provide individual patterns", therefore I am wondering if the copyright laws would apply.[/quote

I was wondering the same thing and was going to call them yesterday to see if the pattern could be copied at this point. But didn't. Will see what I can do.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received the following response from Knitter's Magazine
Hi Helen. The pattern is copyrighted and therefore should not be copied. Why not just lend them your copy.

Ginger

I really don't know what to make of this. You are still sharing the original with people. I tried to look up the designer. Name is Linda Medina. She has some designs on Ravelry, but no address to contact her to get her permission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom