Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I knit in a pattern when I knit top down in the round? I don't like duplicate stitching. It makes the clothes too bulky.

Jo

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If you are considering Fair Isle or Norwegian knitting, you have several colors going at the same time. Symbols match the colors you are using and the pattern is read similar to a counted cross stitch chart. Increases seem to be done on rows of plain knitting between rows of designs. Using a circular needle means you only knit and don't have to purl so reading the chart is much easier and putting in markers between each repeat of the pattern helps alot. You may have to start with double pointed needles or a 16 inch circular.
I agree with you, duplicate stitches sewn over the knit stitches never looks as nice as knit-in ones. Read up on Fair Isle and Scandinavian knitting techniques and try them.

Carol J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom