Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 1 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( yarn is in back.........bring it between the two needles and to the front (or forward)..A YO is similar. Are you knitting English method, Continental method, Russian.........? There are many.........I'm thinking you're either English knitting or Continental.

I'm working on the Eastern Continental method now where the yarn always stays in the back.

Seriously.........for both the knit and the purl stitch. it's messing with my brain! LOL!! I haven't tried a YO or YFWD in this method - they probably don't require it. LOL!!

Donna Rae ))))))

lwork348 said:
Hi - Just joined the forum, I taught myself to knit over 30 years ago, gave it up for 10-12 years and just started again in the fall of 2009. I've been having a lot of fun and then I came across an abreviation I'm having a hard time figuring out "yfwd". Is it yard forward, over the needle, or yard foward around the needle, or is there something else.

Any help you can give willb e appreciated - thanks.

Memere Linda.
1 - 1 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom