Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see so much time spent here. Okay I spend time here too so how many knit and surf at the same time. Cool right? I mean even the high back chair is better for your posture ( I mean if you have one that is) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,737 Posts
My surfing interferes with my knitting and crocheting. But my computer died and computer time is limited to when I visit my daughter and can use her machine. Crocheting table centers, finishing 2 shawls and sorting knitting, crocheting and beading books to downsize!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chrissy said:
Had a senior blonde moment there! thought your knitting might get wet!!!
snicker

:XD:

Surfing the web I meant to say. I wonder how many people thought I meant surfing the sea. :XD: But honestly I can't see spending so much time on KP unless some of us are knitting crocheting and surfing at the same time. Matter of fact it is probably more doable than watching a movie and knitting. I tend to stop and gawk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,918 Posts
Morning ladies...I am up at 5am thanks to my cat....but i do all my emailing and surfing in the morning..i sit in my recliner and have fun....I do save lots of time to read KPs..so much to read...I love my morning...but have to stop now and walk the dog...but i will be back.....lol.....Have a great day if i don't see you when i get back...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
msdotsy1 said:
Chrissy said:
Had a senior blonde moment there! thought your knitting might get wet!!!
snicker

:XD:

Surfing the web I meant to say. I wonder how many people thought I meant surfing the sea. :XD: But honestly I can't see spending so much time on KP unless some of us are knitting crocheting and surfing at the same time. Matter of fact it is probably more doable than watching a movie and knitting. I tend to stop and gawk.
Aha! When in my twenties, I used to knit, read a book, and watch TV all at the same time. Ah, those were the days, my friend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
promisegirlfarm said:
snicker

:XD:

Aha! When in my twenties, I used to knit, read a book, and watch TV all at the same time. Ah, those were the days, my friend.
Indeed...I actually will stop take a break and surf then get back to my craft. Something like this...k in pattern for 4 ins S for 15mins, knit some more then surf for another 15mins.

:XD:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,338 Posts
msdotsy1 said:
Indeed...I actually will stop take a break and surf then get back to my craft. Something like this...k in pattern for 4 ins S for 15mins, knit some more then surf for another 15mins.

:XD:
That is exactly what we all should do! We'd have fewer aches and pains from too many hours sitting immobile and just knitting full-speed-ahead! Back when I was working, we had it in our contract that we had to get up and spend a full 5 minutes away from the computer - for the same reason.

Wish I were as self-disciplined as you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
I haven't managed to both surf KP and knit at the same time. The result is my increasingly long list of WIPs. The cure is like the best cure for smoking: quitting cold turkey. Some have succeeded. I tried, but became re-addicted. Too much surfing; too little actual knitting. :(
But JJ you help sooo many people even tho you are not knitting yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
msdotsy1 said:
Indeed...I actually will stop take a break and surf then get back to my craft. Something like this...k in pattern for 4 ins S for 15mins, knit some more then surf for another 15mins.

:XD:
That is exactly what we all should do! We'd have fewer aches and pains from too many hours sitting immobile and just knitting full-speed-ahead! Back when I was working, we had it in our contract that we had to get up and spend a full 5 minutes away from the computer - for the same reason.

Wish I were as self-disciplined as you!
Not all the time Jessica-Jean. Usually when I have something on my mind I will spend more time at the computer. Love getting lost in cyberspace sometimes. But honestly it's the greater urge to finish a project once started that drives me on. Now all of a sudden with Christmas just whatever weeks away the donkey in me is saying scale it down to those whom you love and and make it simple. Go figure. Hats, mittens and simple scarves. Thats its.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
We used to have chat on my Yahoo cross stitch groups, and in one of the groups, all these people would come into chat and sit and stitch during chat. Well, you'd ask a question, and nobody would answer because they were too busy stitching to look at the screen. It used to make me so mad. I figure if you're going to come to a chat, them chat. Don't sit there doing something else and ignore the other people in the group.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
I recently bought some hand weights and have been trying to form a new habit of working out with them before sitting down to knit. Well, I carried the box into the house (20 lbs of weights) and then carried a couple gallons of water in (whew, that seemed even heavier). So, then I had a question....how much does a gallon of water weigh? We have to digress and google that question, don't we? I mean, the answer is there! It's impossible to resist the internet! It's no wonder we're all behind in our expected knitting projects!

Personally, I need a timer to remind me to do something else. And, accepting my knitting as a relaxing hobby and not an expectation is essential.

BTW, speaking of donkeys, I also had to google the history of donkeys in the US, because the info is there. ;) And a gallon of water weights just over 8 lbs. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KnottyMe said:
BTW, speaking of donkeys, I also had to google the history of donkeys in the US, because the info is there. ;) And a gallon of water weights just over 8 lbs. ;)
lol!!! downright funny

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So you googled the history of donkeys inthe US because???

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I thought eveyone knew the nature of a donkey. STUBBORN and LAZY at the worst possible times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
domesticgod said:
We used to have chat on my Yahoo cross stitch groups, and in one of the groups, all these people would come into chat and sit and stitch during chat. Well, you'd ask a question, and nobody would answer because they were too busy stitching to look at the screen. It used to make me so mad. I figure if you're going to come to a chat, them chat. Don't sit there doing something else and ignore the other people in the group.
LOL!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,338 Posts
msdotsy1 said:
KnottyMe said:
BTW, speaking of donkeys, I also had to google the history of donkeys in the US, because the info is there. ;) And a gallon of water weights just over 8 lbs. ;)
lol!!! downright funny
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So you googled the history of donkeys in the US because???
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I thought eveyone knew the nature of a donkey. STUBBORN and LAZY at the worst possible times.
Stereotypes are never a good guide to the truth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkeys_in_North_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule

I love horses, but they're more akin to the stereotypical 'dumb blond' than not. What other animal will eat itself (grain) to death if given the chance to gorge? I've never heard of another. Have you?

However, you can store a year's supply of grain with open access by donkey or mule, and they will eat what's needed each day. Not so dumb!

I've ridden many horses (never had my own), yet the best ride I ever had was on a riding mule.

Given the chance to own my own, I'd opt for a good mule over any horse. ;-)

Take note of one line in the Wikipedia article about mules, "Use of mules by U.S. forces has continued during the War in Afghanistan (2001-present), and the United States Marine Corps now conducts an 11-day Animal Packers Course at its Mountain Warfare Training Center located in the Sierra Nevada near Bridgeport, California." Haven't seen anything about that in the news, eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jessica-Jean said:
msdotsy1 said:
KnottyMe said:
BTW, speaking of donkeys, I also had to google the history of donkeys in the US, because the info is there. ;) And a gallon of water weights just over 8 lbs. ;)
lol!!! downright funny
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So you googled the history of donkeys in the US because???
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I thought eveyone knew the nature of a donkey. STUBBORN and LAZY at the worst possible times.
Stereotypes are never a good guide to the truth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkeys_in_North_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule

I love horses, but they're more akin to the stereotypical 'dumb blond' than not. What other animal will eat itself (grain) to death if given the chance to gorge? I've never heard of another. Have you?

However, you can store a year's supply of grain with open access by donkey or mule, and they will eat what's needed each day. Not so dumb!

I've ridden many horses (never had my own), yet the best ride I ever had was on a riding mule.

Given the chance to own my own, I'd opt for a good mule over any horse. ;-)

Take note of one line in the Wikipedia article about mules, "Use of mules by U.S. forces has continued during the War in Afghanistan (2001-present), and the United States Marine Corps now conducts an 11-day Animal Packers Course at its Mountain Warfare Training Center located in the Sierra Nevada near Bridgeport, California." Haven't seen anything about that in the news, eh?
Okay J-J I don't know how we got to mules and donkeys...Oh yeah that stubborn streak in me.

My dear I grew up on a farm. My granddad owned a mule and a horse. Yes the poor mule was a hard working docile creature, and the horse ran away quite often (found once mating in a neighboring stable).

But I will never forget the time a donkey owned by another neighbor stopped dead in the middle of the street and went down on all fours and refused to move an inch further. This was common behavior amongst all the donkeys in the area. When they didn't feel like moving they would simply stop, sit down and all the whipping and goading in the world could not make them move. So the donkey is well known for it's stubborn behavior. As a child I can't say I didnot admire this animal, though most people laugh at them.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom