Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've been knitting about a month now, scarves, hats, anywhere and everywhere, carrying projects around in baggies and such. I think I need to make a knitting bag to hold my skeins of yarn so they don't tangle, and a place for my project as well. I may use an old jean jacket I have held onto for years. Il like to sew and have a vague idea of how it will come together, the outside pockets will be good, can use the sleeves for yarn pockets inside. What for handles? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
When you receive the Knitting Paradise Feb 5 Forum Digest
scroll down to Links and they have a great knit bag to
make with a wool sweater that they shrunk. You also
said you sew so it should be a cinch. I just saw one made
from an old sweater that someone was lucky enough to buy
in a Thrift Shop...it was to be envied.
Have fun, happy knitting ! Carol

·
Registered
463 Posts
here is a link I posted earlier this week for us

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/craftsgifts/ss/Sweater_Bag.htm

Loistec said:
Okay, I've been knitting about a month now, scarves, hats, anywhere and everywhere, carrying projects around in baggies and such. I think I need to make a knitting bag to hold my skeins of yarn so they don't tangle, and a place for my project as well. I may use an old jean jacket I have held onto for years. Il like to sew and have a vague idea of how it will come together, the outside pockets will be good, can use the sleeves for yarn pockets inside. What for handles? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Loistec, why don't you use the sleeves of your jeans jacket for the handles if you use the body for the tote? Look for a tote pattern for ideas on how to attach the handles. Since you sew, think about a creative patchwork bag. If you want just yarn storage, use the pop up laundry baskets. My SIL has a huge stash and uses large garbage cans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom