Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow...on top of being a yarn addict...a knitting addict and a crochet addict...I've become a "project bag" addict!. I have my little sock or "small project" bag....my yarntainers..my large project bad..and then somewhere along the way I picked up a cute little Asian bag that I love to work out of..in addition to a "massive" bag that I can take anywhere and carry everything in...what is YOUR favorite?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( I like them all! LOL! I, too collect bags, totes, canisters, bags, caddys - the older the better. I must have 50! I will stop at my age; 62! LOL!

I own the Barbie 'how to knit' canister (complete) to include one or two that aren't complete, the Barbie crochet how to canister and many other children's knit or crochet kits - many are complete, too.

I get them from Ebay or wherever I can find them.

Thanks for sharing!

I like that (cable?) scarf you made, too! I was working on one, too - think I choose the wrong sized needles = too tight in places......so, I ended it off after 20 rows and it's now a coaster! LOL!!

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa )))))))))

orchet
courier770 said:
Somehow...on top of being a yarn addict...a knitting addict and a crochet addict...I've become a "project bag" addict!. I have my little sock or "small project" bag....my yarntainers..my large project bad..and then somewhere along the way I picked up a cute little Asian bag that I love to work out of..in addition to a "massive" bag that I can take anywhere and carry everything in...what is YOUR favorite?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((((( They're using a large hook - maybe a size 'N' or 'Q' and perhaps holding multiple strands together.........not sure. I think they're usually made from one 1" or 1 1/2" strand of 'PLARN' (plastic yarn) and a large hook. Q hooks are available - probably your LYS or Ebay, etc.

Donna Rae ))))))))

jaida peyton said:
i cant figure it out i knew that it is made out of plasib bags but how do they get the stitches so big and ...together? could you help me?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( You can knit with Plarn, Use size 35 knitting needles. Cutting plarn is a trick - it can be googled, too.

What's her name on the Knit and Crochet Now TV show (Create Channel) knits with plarn and t-shirt material that she has cut into strips - probably with denim cut from discarded jeans..........

Depending on the thickness of your 'other materials' yarn, choose from size 19 and on up through size 50 to work with.

I have a stash of them in my varied collection here of 1,000/s of needles, hooks, etc. I'm a collector, too. The older the better.

Donna Rae )))))))

nn
jaida peyton said:
yeah but you cant knitt it i dont know how to...whatever i only know how to knitt!!:(is there any way i coul knitt it bye knitting?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I love your bags, Courier. Never thought of collecting knitting bags, even though I have a stash of them. Usually I get a new bag to start a new project, and I'm a little ADD, so I have a few bags. The closest I've come to recognizing the collection of bags was to hear someone refer to knitters with a few bags, as bag ladies. Now that is a stretch, and insensitive too??
I love the little Asian one. Nice for doing little booties or small projects.
A little cottage that we moved to 25 years ago came with assorted pots and pans, dishes etc, but my fave(and I still have it was a sewing/knitting box that opened from the top and sides with all kinds of compartments, and full of old crochet hooks and sewing supplies, and much more. A jewel of a find! Thanks for sharing your pics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didn't realize I was collecting them untill this chat. My favorite one is a basket like a purse with cloth sides, you remember from the 40's or 50's. I found out from my mom that the basket had been my grandma's, then my mom's and now mine. I learned to knit many years ago, never finished anything(baby sweater started when oldest was baby, now 22), got busy with kids and never got back to it. This last winter I asked my mom to teach me to crochet and my love was rekindled. I have finished lots of projects with crocheting and am starting back into knitting again. Have enjoyed all the projects that you all have done and shared. Thank you for the inspiration to keep on trying and trying something new once in a while. Thanks for letting me comment. Jan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom