Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great day yesterday and wanted to share.
My youngest son's girlfriend celebrated her birthday with our family yesterday. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said she wanted me to teach her how to knit. Great idea. I made up a knitting basket for her with needles and yarn a learn to knit book and lots of notions and a list of Internet sites to find patterns.
We all spent the day with our olde son and family and I taught Katie and Maggie ( our DIL) the basics of casting on and knitting. What a wonderful family day the girls inside knitting and the boys went for a bike ride. Then lovely dinner and cake
My GD who is three stated at the end of the day that when she grows up she wants to be a grandma who knits with her family but first she wants to be a mom. She was picking up needle but is not quite ready to knit yet. My 8 year old granddaughter loves knitting and although she lives 3000 miles away will not face time me with questions and ask for needed help.
It was a great moment to see that they are all interested in the craft but more so a way to unite the family
I am truly blessed

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
It sounds idyllic! I am lucky because my 34 y/o daughter taught me to knit a few months ago, when we did a short road trip celebrating my 65th birthday. And now we share knitting stories all the time. So fun. Lucky you and lucky me.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
It sounds idyllic! I am lucky because my 34 y/o daughter taught me to knit a few months ago, when we did a short road trip celebrating my 65th birthday. And now we share knitting stories all the time. So fun. Lucky you and lucky me.

·
Registered
16,176 Posts
How lovely! Sounds like a perfect day. This gives my continued hope that someday my girls (daughter, DILs and GDs) will sit still long enough to learn knitting. One GD started to knit about a year ago, but between school, girl scouts, science Olympiads and baseball, she hasn't had anytime to continue knitting. Its the same with all of them. Makes my dizzy just watching them. So glad I was young in a different, slower time. Oh well, I will continue to sit and knit and listen to all their fast paced adventures!

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
emr521 said:
Had a great day yesterday and wanted to share.
My youngest son's girlfriend celebrated her birthday with our family yesterday. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said she wanted me to teach her how to knit. Great idea. I made up a knitting basket for her with needles and yarn a learn to knit book and lots of notions and a list of Internet sites to find patterns.
We all spent the day with our olde son and family and I taught Katie and Maggie ( our DIL) the basics of casting on and knitting. What a wonderful family day the girls inside knitting and the boys went for a bike ride. Then lovely dinner and cake
My GD who is three stated at the end of the day that when she grows up she wants to be a grandma who knits with her family but first she wants to be a mom. She was picking up needle but is not quite ready to knit yet. My 8 year old granddaughter loves knitting and although she lives 3000 miles away will not face time me with questions and ask for needed help.
It was a great moment to see that they are all interested in the craft but more so a way to unite the family
I am truly blessed
Perfect day I say! What a blessing, honor and tribute to you!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom