Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a special charity that you knit for? I have knit sweaters for the one that used to be in NY but is now out of PA, but I find their "must-use" pattern tedious and wondered what else was out there? I'm new to Knitting Paradise and truly enjoy reading the comments from all of you. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You might want to check into Newborns in Need. They have chapters across the United States, and I don't think they're too restrictive. I have a friend who makes receiving blankets for her local chapter, and it's a charity supported by Debbie Macomber. I don't know a lot about the organization myself, but you can find more information at www.newbornsinneed.org.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You might like to check the Lion Brand website. There are many charity orgaizations listed, and you can search for those in your state. . .
http://cache.lionbrand.com/charityConnection.html

The Daily Knitter also has a listing of charities. . .
http://www.dailyknitter.com/charity.php

I prefer to keep my charity knitting local. I knit items for residents of a nearby Veterans Home, a local Hospice, a nearby Children's Hosiptal, and items for local needy foster children.

Charity Knitter

·
Registered
322 Posts
parklady01 said:
Do any of you have a special charity that you knit for? I have knit sweaters for the one that used to be in NY but is now out of PA, but I find their "must-use" pattern tedious and wondered what else was out there? I'm new to Knitting Paradise and truly enjoy reading the comments from all of you. Thanks for the help.
Local charities or causes are always grateful and in need. It is very uplifting knowing your special project is being used. Many churches have prayer shawl groups ( google prayer shawls and you will be able to find a local group). The group I belong to also knits and crochets preemie burial gowns, hats, booties and blankets requested by a local hospital for babies " born asleep". We hope that these will never be needed but if they are, it is one less worry the family has while arranging their baby's burial. We also do small" huggie blankies" for the pediatric ward at the local cancer institute.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
parklady01 said:
There is a campaign right now for purple hats for the Shaken Baby Syndrome campaign. There are lots of KP members participating.
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-26149-1.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom