Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really dumb. I have been getting help for this pattern about the number of stitches. But now I have a new question on it. If you remember, this is a Chevron pattern. OK, I have been knitting in rows alright, but when I turn for the next row, except for the first couple, I have been turning it so that I am knitting every row on the same side. I found I was knitting on the inside, and thought, no I don't want to be knitting on the inside. So I turned it so I was always knitting on the outside. I have the Border finished, which is fine, as it was all knit. But now, I have the first 10 rows of pattern completed. I don't really know what to do, or I just don't want to do it, Frog it back to the Border again. But how dumb is this going to look this way? All the purls are on one side and all knits on the other. Except for those first few rows, it is only making the Chevrons on one side. Sheesh. I know you are going to tell me to frog it aren't you? How bad would it look to start turning it row for row now, without frogging? I hate it when I do something so dumb. I guess I must have been thinking of knitting in the round, where you never knit on the other side. Help please? Sue

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
It is a stocking stitch blanket, so I think for it to look its best, you do need to knit the right side and purl the wrong after the border.

I doubt you would be happy with not frogging it.

10 rows won't take too long to reknit.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hillary4,
Thank you for the reply, I knew I would hear that. lol I have frogged it, but now I am lost as to which side is which. One side is supposed to be all bumps and the other smooth, right? The smooth side is the back of the pearl stitch, or the front of the knit stitch. I am so befuddled on this thing I don't even know that. I hate starting in the middle and not knowing where I'm at. I left a couple of rows still on there when I frogged, and started out with purling as I thought that's where I was. But if I turn it and do the knit(pattern) side I am having the knit stitch on the bumpy side, purl side, right? Should it be on that side? Or should it be on the smooth side?
I'm sorry, I know this sounds dumb, but I am thoroughly confused and can't think straight. Do you think you can help me get on track? Thanks, Sue

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Hi Sue

You are knitting this backwards and forwards on your circulars as if they were straight needles, aren't you? Otherwise you will end up with a big tube, not a blanket.

If you have knitted 6 garter stitch rows for your border you will have three ridges on each side of your needle.

As you knit your chevron pattern:

Row 1: knit 4, *kfb, k4, sl1 knitwise, k2tog, psso, k4, kfb* repeat from * to * to last 4 sts, k4 - This is your right side and is smooth

Row 2: knit 4, purl to last 4 sts, k4 - This is your wrong side and has the ridges

Does that help you?
I'm sure you can do this, try not to overthink it too much!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
When I'm working a project where I have a hard time telling right side from wrong side I slip a safety pin in my work so that it shows on the right side. When I finish working each day I move the safety pin so that it is about an inch below where I'm working. I also try to finish a wrong side row before I sit my work down so that when I pick it up again I can start with the right side row.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, But I don't like Wine Beer maybe tho. lol
No I really don't have a link. I just type in Little Miss Oni Blanket Pattern and it comes up saying, "Something Blog"
It's the very top one. Click on that and brings up the blanket. Thanks for the Wine suggestion, if I liked it and had any I sure would have followed your advice. lol Sue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom