Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Working with a crochet affords the opportunity to "add" a little crochet work to the seams and create more definition and decoration that a sewn seam. Is there a crocheted edge binding all around to "bring this together?

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( It depends on how intracate the item is and what it is, etc. Pin together your items to be joined.......

Here's a good video showing the weaving stitch, running stitch, whip stitch and non-traditional safety pin technique; You choose:

When making panels or strips, one can also do this:

Throw ALL five (let's say) panels on at the same time. If a strip is 29 sts wide, 145 stitches would be called for then place STITCH marker every 29th stitch and slip them when returning. Now, you can KNIT the panels together = no seaming required.

Donn Rae ))))))))

kestep said:
I am somewhat new to knitting and would like feedback on the best way to attach pannels for a blanket? What looks the best?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a marvelous book recently. 'Knitting Tips and Trade Secrets Expanded', Taunton Press, 2006, has more than one answer to this question. I have read most of the 183 pp.! I won't remember it all, but it will be a fine reference for me for a long time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the quick answers. Yes, I have done the crochet borders and then stiched them together and I have also done the matress stitch but it leaves a seam on the back that I don't like on a blanket. I am trying to do a simple 4 panel blanket (Im not following any pattern..lol just trying it on my own...hahaha) and was looking for the best way to put them together. This is a great site and my first post on this site. Thanks again and I look forward to hopefully posting a picture of the finished blanket :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is some of the different edging, but the one that is knit with the bobble edging is the one I did with the matress seam and yea it looks nice on one side but I didn't like the seam on the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is some of the different edging, but the one that is knit with the bobble edging is the one I did with the matress seam and yea it looks nice on one side but I didn't like the seam on the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom