Knitting and Crochet Forum banner

Knitting in public

14556 Views 136 Replies 89 Participants Last post by  hrh-56
Yesterday a few of us decided to sit in a local park, after our knit/crochet group meeting. I was pleased when our activities (spining, knitting, and crocheting) got attention and questions from locals and tourist.
Knitlady999
1 - 3 of 137 Posts
Thank god for living at this time, because so many truths are coming out. The World needs to know the real story about men knitting. Thanks for speading the knowledge Brucew.
Knitlady999
That's RUDE behavior. But, people and businesses are quite receptive to knitting in public, as long as they are asked about it inadvance.
Knitlady999

mavisb said:
The one thing I cannot stand is while you are being served and the assistants are either talking to a fellow worker whilst serving me. Also I put petrol (Gas) in my car and when I went to pay, the woman serving me was talking on the phone, so I asked if she could put the phone down whilst serving customers and she said it was a business call, I told her I didn't care and she lacked manners and I would report her to her manager. She quickly handed me over to another assistant and I overheard her conversation and it was a personal call. Here in Australia some shops have notices that say to the effect, "I will be happy to serve you when you have finished your phone call", I totally agree. When I am being served and my mobile rings, I tell who is calling me to either hold on or I will call them back as I am being served. I expect full attention when being served and I expect to give my full attention to the customer service girl.
1 - 3 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom