Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this and in this new project which is a simple coffee holder my work is coming toward me instead of down away..is this right or did I start wrong? I just let my brain get tangled up with this knitting in the round yet I see how it can be wonderful to not have to sew seams etc... just need more experience ?
Thanks for your help from all these wonderful people that share their knowledge !

·
Registered
333 Posts
One thing I do to keep from getting turned around is to use 2 different colored rubber point protectors that I put on the end of my needles when I set my knitting aside for awhile. In my case, I always use the blue color on my right and a red on the left. Say when I finish a round, and I have to stop I transfer my marker over to the right, put my blue protector on...red on the left, and leave it. When I return to knit, I can see right away where to start knitting.

·
Registered
286 Posts
knittinkitten said:
I am new to this and in this new project which is a simple coffee holder my work is coming toward me instead of down away..is this right or did I start wrong? I just let my brain get tangled up with this knitting in the round yet I see how it can be wonderful to not have to sew seams etc... just need more experience ?
Thanks for your help from all these wonderful people that share their knowledge !
Hi knittinkitten;
If you ever forget which way you were knitting, just remember that the working yarn should always come from the back of the right side of the work (behind the right needle). Hope that helps. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom