Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share the latest sweater made from Seamless raglans leaflet by leisure arts #159.
I love this leaflet because it offers sizes from infant to size 50 in both sport and worsted weight yarns. Since I hate matching pieces and sewing, knitting in the round is my preference.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
Thanks for all the nice comments. It's great to share with a community of people who appreciate the craft. So many of us knit in isolation for the most part....spouses, kids, neighbors don't necessarily appreciate the planning and work that goes in to handmade items. That's one of the huge benefits of an online community like this.
BTW, 50 is the size limit in the pattern, not needle size. Although there are HUGE needles out there that look like telephone poles....they may in fact be size 50!
Have a great day.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
very pretty!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Very cute! I'll be on the lookout for that leaflet. I also hate to seam and love circular needles. By the way, I did see a mention of size 50 needles just yesterday when I was looking up info on condo (?) knitting. Somebody mentioned using a size 50 for the larger needle. Must be those things that look like broom sticks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi,
On Sat. i sent a e-mail,that i was not able to find ,the patterns, or the book Hoilday Knits, by sara luca, to knit those beauitful poncho,can you put them on my computer,iwould like to knit them for my Geat Granddaughter Birthday,coming up in June,
ILOVE YOUR WEBSITE, Thanks,my e-mail
[email protected] God Bless

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Dorothy: to get the kink out of circular needles, just wear one around your neck for awhile---REMEMBER where you put it! You will love circular needles. The stitches don't come off, and if you are knitting 2 of something like booties, they come out the same size.

Carolyn

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Love the way the red and grey go together. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing. To find friends to knit with, try your local library. That's what I did. I now belong to 2 different knitting groups in 2 communities.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have those big needles but I haven't used them yet. we call them speed sticks in my knitting group. I got them on sale at JoAnns. Several of my friends have made afghans out of homespun or thick yarn using 3-4 strands at a time. It makes a faster project.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom