Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
Welcome from Edgewood, Washington (25 miles south of Seattle). You will love KP. Lots of help here for all of your questions. The link that RenewedKnitter posted is a great link for explaining the yarn overs.

·
Registered
20,406 Posts
Hi. The video RenewedKnitter gave a link to is great. I had (and sometimes still have) a problem with British terms for a yo because I knit Continental and it all just seems more complicated, involving way too many steps, when the yarn is in the right hand. That's me though. Anyhow, I just tend to interpret them all as a yarn over and call it good.

I have no problem with English style knitting or knitters or Potuguese style or Combined or Eastern European or any other style; my way of knitting is right for me and only until I come across a way to improve it. Knit however you want and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Whoa! I see that I've been doing the yarn over incorrectly for the last 60 years or so. I made several top-down raglan sweaters back in the 1950s and '60s with a yarn-over increase at the sleeves and I'd always wrap the yarn sort of the opposite way, clockwise, over the top of the needle and around. But it always looked all right. Maybe because I was consistent? And I still do the YO the same way today. There are so many different techniques, and you should use whatever looks good to you and what's comfortable for you to accomplish.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom