Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to knitting, although I've been crocheting for several years now -- mostly hats, burp cloth edgings and baby afghans for grandchildren and charity.

It has always been my goal to learn to knit. My mother and grandmother were both skilled at knitting and crocheting. My mother did try to teach me how to knit when I was 10 but I found it so difficult, even though I finished the slipper project, I have been reluctant to try again. I now have the time and desire to give it another hard effort, especially as knitting produces much finer results than crocheting.

FYI: I stumbled upon Knitting Paradise while researching a knitting issue. While I didn't find an answer to my question, I got caught up reading about others' projects and suggestions. Very informative and motivating!

I hope I can ask a few novice questions now and then as I try to master this new skill. Your patience would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Go right ahead and ask all your needed questions, there is always someone here that can help.
I personally get very inspired by seeing the photos of other's creativities

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi, and welcome from sunny Central Florida. As you look at the pictures or read about projects here you end up thinking...I'd like to try that! So I guess what I'm saying is we're all knitting newbies in some form or other! Ask away...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom