Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to challenge all the advanced knitters or Knitting Teachers on this board to find a "newbie" and adopt one. This will be a great way for all of us to have someone to turn to when we have questions on knitting. This can be done by private messages (pm) email and phone.

There are some "newbies" out there that would probably welcome help and guidance and have lots of questions that maybe they are too shy to ask, or they may not know how to ask about certain things, for fear that they will be considered "dumb questions". There are never no dumb questions.

If anyone has a ? about knitting please post your ? on the board so others can help you out. This is a great site and I have already met some new friends.

Come on Knitters lets all help each other.

If you are a knitting teacher or designer please post here so others will be able to find out who you are for help. If you would like to be adopted please post on this thread also.

Happy Knitting!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Yes, I would love to have you as a knitting teacher.

I am wanting to make some knitted dishrags with hearts on them, can you help me design some along with a cute bear on one.

Thank you!

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

KnitLogical said:
What a brilliant idea' If anyone will have me I'M FREE.

Gracie

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could use all the help I can get! I have quilted for 20 years and now my sweet hubby wants me to not be in my quilt room when he is home. So I'm thinking knitting would at least put me in the same room with him!I have knitted a few scarves and am now completing a sock hopefully I'll get the other one to match!!! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm working on circulars seem to be the easiest for me to handle I am trying to understand the butterfly stitch for a so called easy kimono! :roll:

·
Registered
420 Posts
M1 means to make a stitch by picking up a loop between stitches and then knitting it. I'm sure that one of the members out there will probably come up with a link. I don't know any sites offhand that I could refer you to.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
To knit using Magic Loop is easy.

Cast On all of the stitches onto one end of the circs. Medium length (about 32") work best, but longer or shorter will work, too. Now here's how to get that loop:

Push the sts to the cable of the circ. Count to the middle of the sts. If you have an odd number for the socks, make sure the correct number for the heel is on the CO tail end if you did a long tail CO version. Now that you have the middle of the sts, pinch the cable there and push the sts, both needles at the same time, toward the points. The Magic Loop will pop out.

When you knit, the half you are going to knit will be at the needle end in your Left Hand. The other half will be pushed down onto the needle cable. You now have a loop on each side. Knit the first half as instructed in pattern.

When you finish that half, Turn the work. Now slip the unworked sts to the end of "their" needle and push the sts you just worked to the cable.

You should always have a loop on each side. You should also always have the half you are currently knitting on the LH needle tip and the other half on the cable.

Have fun. Once you start doing it this way, you will never do dp socks again!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom