Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: I have started knitting a top down baby reglan sweater , free pattern, found in Knitting On the Net.de- signed by Carole Barenys. My question is: I have completed the sweater and am now beginning knitting the sleeves which are distributed in 3 double point needles and with one needle left to knit with. (the sweater itself was knitted in cable needles but not in the round. Now the sleeves are to be knit in the round but for some reason the knitting on the right side of the sleeves looks as if it is the wrong side. What am I doing wrong? I don't think its suppose to look as if it is inside out. What am I doing wrong?
W

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
If the is your pattern:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babysweragcard.htm

It looks as if you may have joined the yarn at the underarm and started going backwards. If you are working in the round and knitting every round, your stockinette pattern should be on the outside. You were to pick up the stitches from one of the holders, attach underarm and should then be knitting from the leftmost needle around the the point where you attached.

Perhaps someone else can explain better.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
maryladominicana said:
Hi all: I have started knitting a top down baby reglan sweater , free pattern, found in Knitting On the Net.de- signed by Carole Barenys. My question is: I have completed the sweater and am now beginning knitting the sleeves which are distributed in 3 double point needles and with one needle left to knit with. (the sweater itself was knitted in cable needles but not in the round. Now the sleeves are to be knit in the round but for some reason the knitting on the right side of the sleeves looks as if it is the wrong side. What am I doing wrong? I don't think its suppose to look as if it is inside out. What am I doing wrong?
W
When you say "cable needle," I am assuming you meant "circular needle" but that you knit it back and forth but not in the round?

In which case you were knitting a row and purling the next.

On the sleeves, which are in the round, you will just knit every row. If you are knitting a row and purling a row in the round, you will end up with a garter stitch which will look rather like inside out.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
When you move your sleeve stitches from stitch holders to dpns, make sure you have the right side facing you.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I did a baby jacket like that, but did the sleeves straight, after the yoke leaving the body stitches on three lengths of yarn then picking them up and knitting the body. It let me do the two sleeves tgether.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for responding. You must be an experienced knitter because I would not know how to complete the sleeves as you explained. What I did incorrectly was to begin knitting sleeves on the wrong side, as one of our members indicated. I don't know what I would do without my knitting family. Thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom