Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried crocheting seams in knitting instead of sewing them up. One pattern I was following suggested this method and I've used it ever since.
Makes a lovely neat seam and, I think, is a lot easier than sewing.
Trevjan

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have not done this but I would think it would be easiest to crochet than knit seams. In my local yarn store the lady there did that with a baby blanket. It looked very nice and stated it goes quick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi SueLD,
I'd never tried it before but I like the way the seam looks so neat and is not bulky. I hate sewing up anyway but this method is so easy (just slip stitch along the seam) and quick.

Trevjan

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Oh, yes, I hate sewing, I much rather crochet than sew with a sewing needle...

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
I agree with West Coast Kitty--crocheted seams can be awfully thick. And Kiwi Annie, tell us how you "knit" seams together. I've been knitting for fifty years and never figured that one out!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom