Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 1022 Posts

·
Registered
30,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Designer1234 said:
She does outstanding work! I think her class will be a great one. I am going to do one even though we don't have any babies -- I figure one of the kids have friends who might be able to use one. I love her work.
I know she does. I'm going to bookmark it for a future baby (someday).

·
Registered
52,611 Posts
gottastch said:
Hello everyone...just a quick note to thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers but dear uncle did not win his battle with cancer. It all happened so fast. He was scheduled to go through 5 rounds of chemo and only made it through one and was home one week. Very sad for the family but we are glad he didn't have to suffer long.

DMIL is having surgery tomorrow to get her intestinal issues finally straightened out. There is a rupture that needs to be found and fixed...hopefully it is in the same area where all her diverticulitis is so it can just be cut out and the two ends reattached. She will find out today if she has to have a temporary colostomy or not.

I have managed to catch a cold so won't be joining DFIL in the waiting room tomorrow. DH is trying to exchange his Friday day off for tomorrow...we will see.

Thank you all again for all your love and support. I will jump in here when I can.

Kathy XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Sorry about your uncle- as you say lovely for him that he didn't have to go through much. But never easy for families.
And then major surgery for you MIL as well. Hope it all goes well- whatever they say today it could be that when they get in they find they do need to do a temporary colostomy if things aren't want they expect to find. Hopefully though she will soon start to feel better after the surgery. A shame she didn't have the chance to recover but clearly she wan't going to recover so its needs doing- ASAP it sounds.

·
Registered
52,611 Posts
BTW I am going down to Mum's later today, but migraines have yet again interfered with my plans. This time Maryanne- so as she was with me I needed to leave my bible study to get her home! As if having having things stopped by own migraines isn't enough to have had my plans changed twice in 2 days by hte girls migraines really does seem a bit beyond a joke!

Also it has been decided this morning that Peggy (MIL) will go back to Melbourne this weekend. She will have an assessment by a gerontologist followed by a family conference- assuming of course it gets organsied by SIL. But I really don't care right now- as long as David lets them deal with any issues which arise (which of course he won't be able to do). At least that stress has gone and if the doctor can do something about the migraines I might be back to 'normal' again soon!

·
Registered
71,587 Posts
Took you all a couple pictures tonight while I was out walking to and from DSM's house. Had to go take the dogs out one last time for the night so that when she gets off at midnight they're already set for the night.

Attachments

·
Registered
71,587 Posts
darowil said:
BTW I am going down to Mum's later today, but migraines have yet again interfered with my plans. This time Maryanne- so as she was with me I needed to leave my bible study to get her home! As if having having things stopped by own migraines isn't enough to have had my plans changed twice in 2 days by hte girls migraines really does seem a bit beyond a joke!

Also it has been decided this morning that Peggy (MIL) will go back to Melbourne this weekend. She will have an assessment by a gerontologist followed by a family conference- assuming of course it gets organsied by SIL. But I really don't care right now- as long as David lets them deal with any issues which arise (which of course he won't be able to do). At least that stress has gone and if the doctor can do something about the migraines I might be back to 'normal' again soon!
Hope you get the migraines under control soon and that the girls are able to do the same, at least one of your headaches is on it's way to Melbourne for SIL to deal with or not deal with as the case may be. Hopefully that will reduce David's stress level a bit, probably not, but one can hope right. Have fun at your moms. :)
P.S. Why would you want to be normal, what fun is that? :shock:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Just off the needles... My latest socks. Yarn is Color Twist Fiber Arts DK weight Superwash Merino Wool in Teal Ombre. Ribbing and calf done on US size 3 (3.25mm) needles, heel, foot and toe done on US size 2 (2.75mm) needles.

Gigi

Attachments

·
Registered
30,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bobglory said:
Just off the needles... My latest socks. Yarn is Color Twist Fiber Arts DK weight Superwash Merino Wool in Teal Ombre. Ribbing and calf done on US size 3 (3.25mm) needles, heel, foot and toe done on US size 2 (2.75mm) needles.

Gigi
Good job. They look great.

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Marianne glad to hear that your baby is doing well and has pain medication :thumbup:

Poledra those pics are awesome. I love the last one looking down the tracks. Looks like a postcard to me. :thumbup:

Well the for sale sign went on the lawn yesterday afternoon and we had a few cars stop and take info from the sign. Well someone called and wanted to look through it tonight. Wow you could have knocked me over with a feather. I hope this is a good sign. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
The garlic cookies look good. I guess I should try them. Anyone know what page the recipe is on? I didn't save it because I thought they would be yucky!

If I wouldn't eat the whole loaf, I'd get my bread machine out! Of course, it may not work anymore!

·
Registered
71,587 Posts
Bobglory said:

Gigi
Those are great!! Love the color. :thumbup:

·
Registered
71,587 Posts
gagesmom said:
Marianne glad to hear that your baby is doing well and has pain medication :thumbup:

Poledra those pics are awesome. I love the last one looking down the tracks. Looks like a postcard to me. :thumbup:

Well the for sale sign went on the lawn yesterday afternoon and we had a few cars stop and take info from the sign. Well someone called and wanted to look through it tonight. Wow you could have knocked me over with a feather. I hope this is a good sign. :thumbup:
Thank you, I like taking pictures like that.
I hope that it is a good sign for you, a new beginning, a new adventure.

·
Registered
32,656 Posts
Miss Pam said:
Good job. They look great.
Gigi - do you knit your socks toe up? with magic loop or with dpns?. I would be interested to know. your socks that you will be teaching in the workshop - are they top down? and knitted flat for the cuff? I was thinking about that as I was knitting on Pat's socks. Your socks are outstanding Shirley

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Welcome home, Donamaur.
gottastch....I am so very sorry about your uncle, but so glad he did not have to endure a lengthy period of suffering. Prayers going up for your family, your Aunt, and your MIL
Marianne, dear heart, ((((((HUGS)))))) coming your way. Our furbabies are like family and bring so much unconditional love into our lives
Daralene, sweet lady, my name is not bulldog. Bulldog (Bullie) is the mascot of Mississippi State University from which Jim, my son,& my son in law graduated. My daughter had to go to Ole Miss to get her pharmaceutical degree but is loyal to MSU
Have a bit of bad news. Jim has been undergoing nuclear stress tests and they have found some abnormalities. Dr has scheduled him for a cardiac catheterization Tues. We will find out then what needs to be done. Dr. said he has either suffered a heart attack or is getting ready to have one.
I am staying home with him this week under the circumstances and will just put Angie in God's hands. She is getting around well with her walker and will stay down and get up only when she needs to.
Spider, Gagesmom...you are always on my heart and prayers continue for better future for you
Zoe, I somehow dropped my marker on my sock (I am on the leg) I have tucked the tail. Have to get it under a bright light so I can see where it goes and count how many rows I have. Wish me luck

1 - 20 of 1022 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom