Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 929 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 13th May, 2022 🧶
Here we are, earlier than usual to accommodate my going out! I hope it’s going to be a good week for all of us. 💕

Summary of Friday 6th May, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 6th May, 2022

Cashmere developed a UTI - which she got onto straight away. Culture came back negative as has happened before so the suggestion is that she sees a urologist to see they can work out what is going on. Her nephew who had the major accident in Indonesia and is now in Singapore had major surgery during the week, 12 hour surgery that went well - but of course time will tell how well it worked.

The shot that Strawberry got last week from her newest doctor worked well.

Pacer’s blood results did clear her of any type of blood cancer - likely an infection of some type so back to her regular doctor as nothing the haematologist needs to deal with.

The mole Poledra had removed last week is benign, though it could return but that can be dealt with then.

ChrisEl’s DH had his second cataract surgery and all went well. He is loving the better vision.

PHOTOS by Kate
3 - Swedenme - Roseberry Topping bluebell woods
3 - BubbaLove - Thomas the tank engine blanket
4 - Angelam - Margaret’s scone/Albert Memorial/Hyde Park

4 - Angelam - Margaret & Angela
11 - Strawberry4u - Knitted dolls & teddies for Police Dept
16 - Darowil - Stamford / Burghley House
19 - Maatje - French fruit tart
20 - Jazzynitter - Fresh pineapple upside down cake
32 - Kiwifrau - Daffodils
33 - Jazzynitter - Wood violets
34 - Poledra - Cherry bush in bloom
37 - Darowil - Yarn
38 - Poledra - Garden pics
42 - Darowil - Dirty clothes/Yarn/Margaret & DN/Wool shop/Book shop
48 - Angelam - Azalea and rhododendrons

RECIPES
37 - Maatje - French fruit tart

OTHERS
16 - Darowil - Snowtown murders (link)
27 - Tami - Steam mops (link)

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Hopefully Margaret will be OK to join soon. It is early here....10 a.m. so maybe she is out walking around seeing wonderful things again. Off I go soon to meet pal for lunch. So I will.....TTYL and thank you for beginning another TP!

·
Premium Member
20,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully Margaret will be OK to join soon. It is early here....10 a.m. so maybe she is out walking around seeing wonderful things again. Off I go soon to meet pal for lunch. So I will.....TTYL and thank you for beginning another TP!
Ah but it’s 6pm here where she is! 🥴

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
Or maybe she found another boggy trail with no one to pull her out this time 🤔
Thanks Kate for the new start. I hope you enjoy your evening.

·
Registered
17,207 Posts
Thankyou ladies for the new week, it was a surprise seeing it come in so early.
‘Now receiving the daily digest I found it very easily.
‘Yesterday I got a call from my neighbour across the street to tell me her neighbour beside her had their home burgled on Thursday night. The husband had gone to work his shift and his wife had left to pick up the children from choir practice at their Assyrian church. Thr burglars must have been watching the house and took their opportunity to steal what they could. The wife returned to find all their electronic goods, jewellery etc gone. Terribly upsetting for these hardworking Syrian Christian folks with two young children. I went over to talk to the husband and offer any help but he said he’s well insured and things can be replaced except for precious jewellery of course. So that has put us all on edge round here. I informed my neighbours to be aware of what’s going on, our street hasn’t had a burglary for many years so it’s been quite a shock for us all.

·
Registered
18,003 Posts
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 12th May, 2022 🧶
Here we are, earlier than usual to accommodate my going out! I hope it’s going to be a good week for all of us. 💕

Summary of Friday 5th May, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 6th May, 2022

(Pages still to come)

PHOTOS by Kate

37 - Darowil - Yarn

RECIPES

OTHERS
Thank you as always for the new Tea Party. Spent ages this week looking for the foot pedal and adapter for a small sewing machine I bought years ago. Found it today in the box it was originally packed in. So I’ve spent a lot of time going round in circles for it. I’ve done some sewing up of squares for a scarf and knitted a couple of little hats for the Big Knit project. Stitching group tomorrow if I feel ok. All take care and beware of bogs.!

·
Registered
15,400 Posts
‘Yesterday I got a call from my neighbour across the street to tell me her neighbour beside her had their home burgled on Thursday night. The husband had gone to work his shift and his wife had left to pick up the children from choir practice at their Assyrian church. Thr burglars must have been watching the house and took their opportunity to steal what they could. The wife returned to find all their electronic goods, jewellery etc gone. Terribly upsetting for these hardworking Syrian Christian folks with two young children. I went over to talk to the husband and offer any help but he said he’s well insured and things can be replaced except for precious jewellery of course. So that has put us all on edge round here. I informed my neighbours to be aware of what’s going on, our street hasn’t had a burglary for many years so it’s been quite a shock for us all.
What a toerag, any burglary is upsetting enough but it makes it all a bit creepy when you think they might have been watching your comings and goings. I hope they catch up with whoever did it. It’s certainly unsettling for you. 💕

·
Registered
15,400 Posts
Thank you as always for the new Tea Party. Spent ages this week looking for the foot pedal and adapter for a small sewing machine I bought years ago. Found it today in the box it was originally packed in. So I’ve spent a lot of time going round in circles for it. I’ve done some sewing up of squares for a scarf and knitted a couple of little hats for the Big Knit project. Stitching group tomorrow if I feel ok. All take care and beware of bogs.!
Hope you’re feeling better this week Mary.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
That's awful. You're going to be jumping at every strange noise now, but at least there was no personal injury to any of the family. I hope they catch the thieves if they try to sell the jewelry or electronics.

·
Registered
52,701 Posts
I plain and simply forgot that Kate asked me to send the summary early early. Do remember her saying so and thought I had added it to my diary but no I forgot.

Don't need the summary twice so removed now it is the right place! Thanks Kate for coping with my memory failure.

·
Registered
52,701 Posts
It would shake you all up indeed. Good that at least most of the stuff can be replaced. But some things are irreplaceable even if you the monetary worth of them back.

·
Registered
52,701 Posts
Now for my day.
I did the trip to Haworth known as Bronte country today rather than yesterday (for some reason my boots were very wet yesterday morning and decided that the walking planned needed boots not sandals.

First visit was the Parsonage where they spent most of their lives. There father was a minister and they all moved there. Very sad family setting- but loving it seems. 18 months after moving there mother died leaving there father with 7 children under around 8. Then a few years later the older two died from TB. The rest survived to adulthood but between late September 1848 and May 1849 the brother and Ann and Emily all died. And Charlotte died about 9 years later at 38 in early pregnancy. Their father survived until 84 so outlived all his children and his wife.
All but one were interred in the church- Ann had been taken to Scarborough for the sea air but passed away there so Charlotte had her buried there. Which answered a question I had been wondering about as I found her grave in Scarborough a couple of years ago so was surprised to find that she was living Haworth when she passed away.
Wonder what other things they would have written if they had lived longer?

Then took a walk on the moors. Included a place that is said to have maybe been the place that Wuthering Heights was based on. Likely not but the general atmosphere would have impacted on it. Lovely walking yet again in the lovely English countryside.
ANd now to move to my phone or iPAd with some of today's photos.
Plant Building Property Sky Window

The parsonage today.
Brown Table Furniture Property Building

the room all their books were written in. And the same furniture they wrote at that table and Ann ( or maybe Emily whichever one didn’t die in Scarborough) is meant to have died on that couch
Water Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Bedrock

Cloud Plant community Plant Natural environment Natural landscape

usually you see lovely green shots of England. Not always.
Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Tree

Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Land lot Plain

Theprevious three photos are on the top of the hill, desolate and very windy so could well have inspired the setting of Wuthering Heights.I remember the mystical atmosphere in the movie and can well imagine it at night especially in a storm- of course with no lights around.
Font Signage Drink Menu Rectangle

Something totally different. Stopped in a pub for coffee during the walk.
Cloud Car Sky Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 12th May, 2022 🧶

Summary of Friday 5th May, 2022 by Darowil

(Pages still to come)

PHOTOS by Kate

37 - Darowil - Yarn

RECIPES

OTHERS
Thanks for the new start, hope you have a great evening

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
That's unsettling for you and your neighbours. Hope this isn't the start of a string of burglaries

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Glad you found the foot pedal , hate it when you can't see what's under your nose

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Now for my day.
I did the trip to Haworth known as Bronte country today rather than yesterday (for some reason my boots were very wet yesterday morning and decided that the walking planned needed boots not sandals.

First visit was the Parsonage where they spent most of their lives. There father was a minister and they all moved there. Very sad family setting- but loving it seems. 18 months after moving there mother died leaving there father with 7 children under around 8. Then a few years later the older two died from TB. The rest survived to adulthood but between late September 1848 and May 1849 the brother and Ann and Emily all died. And Jane died about 9 years later at 38 in early pregnancy. Their father survived until 84 so outlived all his children and his wife.
All but one were interred in the church- Ann had been taken Scarborough for the sea air but passed away there so Jane had her buried there. Which answered a question I had been wondering about as I found her grave in Scarborough a couple of years ago so was surprised to find that she was living Haworth when she passed away.
Wonder what other things they would have written if they had lived longer?

Then took a walk on the moors. Included a place that is said to have maybe been the place that Wuthering Heights was based on. Likely not but the general atmosphere would have impacted on it. Lovely walking yet again in the lovely English countryside.
ANd now to move to my phone or iPAd with some of today's photos. View attachment 1233230
The parsonage today. View attachment 1233231
the room all their books were written in. And the same furniture they wrote at that table and Ann ( or maybe Emily whichever one didn’t die in Scarborough) is meant to have died on that couch View attachment 1233232 View attachment 1233234
View attachment 1233233
usually you see lovely green shots of England. Not always. View attachment 1233235
View attachment 1233236
View attachment 1233237
Theprevious three photos are on the top of the hill, desolate and very windy so could well have inspired the setting of Wuthering Heights.I remember the mystical atmosphere in the movie and can well imagine it at night especially in a storm- of course with no lights around. View attachment 1233238
Something totally different. Stopped in a pub for coffee during the walk. View attachment 1233240
Did you mean Charlotte when you wrote Jane ?
Very Atmospheric pictures of the moors.

1 - 20 of 929 Posts
Top Bottom