Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 750 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 17th June, 2022 🧶

Off we go for another week’s chat.............

Summary of Friday 10th June, 2022 by Darowil

The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 10th June, 2022 🧶

Mindy’s DD didn’t get the job she had spent hours and hours in interviews for so back to the drawing board.

Cashmergma has been in ER again - they have now realised that she has severe symptoms from UTIs before cultures can test positive. She is now starting to feel much better with increasing energy levels.

Bonnie’s BP is playing up - her doctor has recommenced her BP medication and for review on Friday (had been cancelled as her endocrinologist thought she would be OK once her thyroid was under control.) BP already seems to be dropping with the recommenced medication.

Joy’s DH was having chest discomfort and went to ER. She then went to urgent care to get antibiotics for a UTI.

Jazzy’s house has sold, closure 12th August and it is a done deal so sale will go ahead. Very pleased to be able to send back items like around a dozen pillows and 2 plastic bananas! Vital items to sell a house clearly.

Sorlenna is applying for a teaching job - won't hear anything for at least a week.

PHOTOS by Kate
1 - Poledra - Peas
2 - Poledra - Sunset / Garden plants
4 - Fan - Jacket
7 - Poledra - Carding brushes and yarn
8 - Flyty1n - Polly
8 - Poledra - Somewhere in Colorado
11 - Kiwifrau - Peonies
11 - Jazzynitter - Tiger eye pansy
14 - Poledra - Headed home
19 - Darowil - Seabirds and seals
20 - Darowil - Nest
23 - Fan - Winter flowering mini camellias
27 - Kiwifrau - Peonies
28 - Poledra - Peas / Texas
31 - Fan - Cross stitch Paddington Bear card
32 - Swedenme - DGDs
36 - Bonnie - DGD and a lizard
38 - Fan - Arlo

CRAFTS
12 - Bonnie - Slippers

OTHERS
5 - ChrisEl - Latterday Saints temple, Washington DC
21 - Bonnie - Camping hacks (link)

·
Registered
18,749 Posts
Time to fix lunch and eat and then try to get in some more garden time now that the thunder has stopped and the sun is out. Talk later.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
It can't be Friday so soon, I'm not ready for it! Hope you had a great holiday and thanks to you and Margaret for the new week.
We've been having a windstorm all day and we're both watching the old 40 ft blue spruce in the yard upwind from us. Glad we're opting out of property ownership soon and we won't have to worry about stuff like that anymore.

·
Premium Member
17,419 Posts
Beautiful flowers Liz thanks for sharing.
‘Thank you Kate and Margaret for the new week.
It’s a cool 9C outside at present and will get to 17C later hopefully. I have a lot of leaves to rake up, the birds have been digging in the flower beds and spread them around everywhere.

Reactions: budasha

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Thank-you Kate and Margaret for starting us off again, was awake this week as I'm waiting for DH to get home from watching cricket(Durham v Yorkshire). Wouldn't normally but he borrowed my car, saying it would be cheaper!

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Beautiful flowers budasha. You have a beautiful yard.
Thank you so much KateB and Darowil for the new tea table start. This is so appreciated.
I finished painting the outside doors trying to beat the predicted wind, which is now here. Have taken off the masking tape, no little task, as the sun had rather baked it on. Now the wind is here with a vengence and it is 96 degrees so it is sucking the little bit of moisture we have out of our gardens and yards. DS and BIL came over last evening and helped with some overgrown roses and took care of the "hedge" for me. Rest of roses need doing as do the grapes needing trimming and inside front door still needs paint.

·
Registered
19,699 Posts
It can't be Friday so soon, I'm not ready for it! Hope you had a great holiday and thanks to you and Margaret for the new week.
We've been having a windstorm all day and we're both watching the old 40 ft blue spruce in the yard upwind from us. Glad we're opting out of property ownership soon and we won't have to worry about stuff like that anymore.
yes, good to not have that worry. My friend had just sold her house in South Dakota. Right after new people moved in they had a terrific wind storm and 2 of the huge trees in the yard came down. One landed on the roof. All she could think was PHEW!

·
Registered
19,699 Posts
Thank you so much KateB and Darowil for the new tea table start. This is so appreciated.
I finished painting the outside doors trying to beat the predicted wind, which is now here. Have taken off the masking tape, no little task, as the sun had rather baked it on. Now the wind is here with a vengence and it is 96 degrees so it is sucking the little bit of moisture we have out of our gardens and yards. DS and BIL came over last evening and helped with some overgrown roses and took care of the "hedge" for me. Rest of roses need doing as do the grapes needing trimming and inside front door still needs paint.
boy between the temps and the wind things will surely dry out, won’t they. And we are supposed to get more rain! Temps are still cool and the wind here makes it feel colder.

·
Premium Member
11,502 Posts
Thank you Kate and Margaret for our new beginning.
It’s clouding over and quite windy, plus the temperature is dropping. Beautiful day though.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Wow, I would have said Whew! also!! Luck of the Irish as Mom would say.
Thank you once again, travels or no, for the lovely send out for this week. It is wondeerful you are able to keep us all together and on track.
DB had the sink hole filled in by local neighbor with whom he used to work. A 12-pak of beer and it's all good. Seems there is an underground creek under there somwhere. It must be all the rain they have had + the snow is just rushing off Glacier now he says. The Whitefish river runs opposite to the town, so there must be lots of underground creeks around to flow into the W. river. There are fine. They are on a hill, not huge one but high enough it would really have to flood the river for them to be in trouble. They have a canoe, so wife would just pull it out and get going. She is a terrific strong, young woman. I think I've said before he is 73 this year so she must be either 53 or 54. He sounded good. Did have a hallucination that a young boy was laying in their garden, but he knew there was no one really there. I kept him on the phone long enough for him to walk near the garden, and of course, the boy disappeared as do all his hallucinations when he gets near to them. If only the scientists could fix why that happens with Parkinson's patients who need a certain drug. Of course, during the 60's and 70's people were taking LSD and Peyote to the same end.! LOL

·
Registered
52,971 Posts
Heading off to bed now.
I've just been watching the couple of sessions of Reacher. I have read the book but can't remember what happens- but seems fairly close. Though He really doesn't suit Reacher as I visualise him. He looks too soft. He has the physique but his face just isn't right
I've ordered a pair of boots so see what they are like when they arrive Thursday. Hopefully it isn't wet before then as I only have sandals for now.

·
Registered
72,259 Posts
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 17th June, 2022 🧶

Off we go for another week’s chat.............

Summary of Friday 10th June, 2022 by Darowil

The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 10th June, 2022 🧶

Mindy’s DD didn’t get the job she had spent hours and hours in interviews for so back to the drawing board.

Cashmergma has been in ER again - they have now realised that she has severe symptoms from UTIs before cultures can test positive. She is now starting to feel much better with increasing energy levels.

Bonnie’s BP is playing up - her doctor has recommenced her BP medication and for review on Friday (had been cancelled as her endocrinologist thought she would be OK once her thyroid was under control.) BP already seems to be dropping with the recommenced medication.

Joy’s DH was having chest discomfort and went to ER. She then went to urgent care to get antibiotics for a UTI.

Jazzy’s house has sold, closure 12th August and it is a done deal so sale will go ahead. Very pleased to be able to send back items like around a dozen pillows and 2 plastic bananas! Vital items to sell a house clearly.

Sorlenna is applying for a teaching job - won't hear anything for at least a week.

PHOTOS by Kate
1 - Poledra - Peas
2 - Poledra - Sunset / Garden plants
4 - Fan - Jacket
7 - Poledra - Carding brushes and yarn
8 - Flyty1n - Polly
8 - Poledra - Somewhere in Colorado
11 - Kiwifrau - Peonies
11 - Jazzynitter - Tiger eye pansy
14 - Poledra - Headed home
19 - Darowil - Seabirds and seals
20 - Darowil - Nest
23 - Fan - Winter flowering mini camellias
27 - Kiwifrau - Peonies
28 - Poledra - Peas / Texas
31 - Fan - Cross stitch Paddington Bear card
32 - Swedenme - DGDs
36 - Bonnie - DGD and a lizard
38 - Fan - Arlo

CRAFTS
12 - Bonnie - Slippers

OTHERS
5 - ChrisEl - Latterday Saints temple, Washington DC
21 - Bonnie - Camping hacks (link)
Happy Friday/Saturday!! Thank you Kate and Margaret, for a new week.
Marla and I ran a few errands, then went to lunch, we weren't gone too long, came back and finished the laundry, and swept and mopped the floors, then, I sat my butt on the floor and sanded all the parts to my wheel. It's super windy outside, and hot as Hades, otherwise, I'd be sitting on the driveway oiling the wood.
Now to catch up, and knit.

·
Registered
72,259 Posts

·
Registered
72,259 Posts
It's crazy windy here too, at least the wind is a little cool, but the air is so hot. Like yours, it's sucking all the moisture out, thankfully we're supposed to start going down and in the 80's by Monday, we rarely have extended heat this hot at this time of the year, usually not for at least another couple weeks. I wish the winds would stop, it's relentless.

1 - 20 of 750 Posts
Top Bottom