Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1,130 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 18th November, 2022 :knitting1:

I seem to be getting earlier and earlier posting the new week, but I’m always afraid as the night goes on that I’ll forget altogether! So here we are early as usual - and to be honest “early” is not usually my “usual”, I’m more inclined the opposite!

Summary of Friday 11th November, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 11th November, 2022

A lot more pages this week than we have had for a while but mainly general chit-chat this week.

Kate has been referred for an endoscopy although the nausea has now gone. 🤞🏻

Flyty1n had a MRI this week to work out what is wrong with her leg - no wonder she has had pain as she has a break and a meniscal tear. Fracture is well aligned and only a small tear so no treatment other than Tylenol/paracetamol and walking only as tolerable without too much pain.

Machristie came back from her weekend away unwell - and remains unwell.

Jazzy has been looking after her grandson this week and so has been around very little. Now back home.

Poledra has finally done the last of her farm work - and tells us she is not going to do it next year!

Grandies are growing up quickly with one reaching double figures, twins reaching two and two young ones becoming mobile - Matthias especially. Some weeks just seem to make the KP grandies growing up show up so clearly.

PHOTOS by Kate
1 - Fan - Amaryllis and geranium plants
3 - Darowil - Wet back yard
4 - Swedenme - April & Annabelle
5 - Maatje - Gus
6 - JoRae - Roxy
12 - Darowil - Bridges and flood debris
16 - Fan - 1940s pattern book / Mini pink rose
20 - Bonnie - Slippers and towels
22 - Fan - Tomten for a neighbour
23 - Fan - Tomten completed
23 - Bonnie - Mukluks
31 - Kate - “Birthday Cupcake” for Mindy
33 - Kate - Luke & Liam
34 - Fan - Female tomten
36 - Fan - Completed tomtens
40 - Sugarsugar - Crochet Christmas penguin (link below)
41 - JoRae - Pot holders / Double knitting hat
44 - Swedenme - Knitted Nutcracker doll / Cowl & mitts
53 - Alibee - Knitted sunflowers

CRAFTS
18 - Tami - How to sew with metallic thread (link)
20 - Bonnie - Vintage knitting books (link)
50 - Sugarsugar - Pew the crochet penguin pattern (link)

RECIPES
20 - Bonnie - Pavlova Christmas tree (link)

OTHERS
14 - MindyT - Watering Christmas Cacti (link)

Happy Friday, ladies 🍷🍷🌺🌺🏵🌼🌻 Last week went by in a flash, didn't it? Thanks to Kate and Margaret for getting our new week underway again.
Winter has settled in for real almost overnight and now I'm appreciating all the winter chores that I don't have to do anymore 😁 Sitting here with a glass of wine enjoying the change in the view -- color me happy.

Thank you Kate and Margaret for this week‘s start. I have been enjoying chatting so much. We had our snow and we have been cold. Only 33F now and the sun is on the way down. We have had sunny crisp days though. I think we are in for snow next week. Have a great weekend and week ahead everyone. I hope those that are ill or hurting will start to feel better each day.

Thanks, Kate and Margaret for starting us off. Very much appreciated! Had to say how beautiful Alibee's sunflowers are (at the end of the previous KTP. I'm sure the student will be so appreciative. Having so many of them together gives a really nice effect.

Thank you so much Kate and Margaret for our new week. The summaries are so helpful as well as the photos so I can go back and see the ones I missed. The sunflowers were very realistic. I loved them.
Jazzy, do you now have a snow covered view? Is your bike cleaned and put away for the winter?
Still very cold, just up to 34F at 3 PM.
Poledra, I see on our weather report that you are supposed to be getting some of our very cold weather as well as snow. Did this happen.
Maatje, is Gus accomodating to the cold weather? Does he have lots of heavy fur on the bottoms of his feet?

Thank you so much Kate and Margaret for our new week. The summaries are so helpful as well as the photos so I can go back and see the ones I missed. The sunflowers were very realistic. I loved them.
Jazzy, do you now have a snow covered view? Is your bike cleaned and put away for the winter?
Poledra, I see on our weather report that you are supposed to be getting some of our very cold weather as well as snow. Did this happen.
Maatje, is Gus accomodating to the cold weather? Does he have lots of heavy fur on the bottoms of his feet?
Yes, there's snow over everything now, a whole different look. The buildings facing us have a lot of balconies with Christmas lights and it's really pretty at night. I ordered a new bike which will go straight into the bike room when it arrives, but I'm hoping for a few nice dry days so I can at least try it out.

thank you ladies for the new week. Time does seem to buzz right along. Joyce, Gus seems impervious to the colder weather. He doesn’t have a lot of thick fur on his feet right now since he was just groomed last week. Or maybe the previous week. However, I do plan to tell the groomer to leave his feet alone next time except for his nails. I ordered some of the mushers balm JoRae recommended and do have a little jacket for him. I put it on this morning as it was so cold. He loves his walks and scoops up any bits of ice or snow he can find and then walks along chewing on it. I sure hope it’s ok for his teeth. I have been discouraging him from doing that. We too are expecting snow next week. But since the temps are going up it could easily turn to freezing rain. I hope you are slowly doing better and getting stronger.

Thank you for the new week ladies very much appreciated.
just got home after foray to the gift store and couldn’t resist buying this hanging arrangement for the front door.
‘At present it’s inside but will move it on Christmas morning.
‘Also here is my latest and possibly last knitting for the store for awhile.
‘We left the store and went and had coffee and yummy cheesecake for morning tea. Tried a new place and it was really nice.
Wont need lunch for awhile after that large slice.
Christmas ornament Ornament Triangle Twig Christmas decoration
Purple Textile Sleeve Dress Interior design

just got home after foray to the gift store and couldn’t resist buying this hanging arrangement for the front door.
‘We left the store and went and had coffee and yummy cheesecake for morning tea. Tried a new place and it was really nice.
Wont need lunch for awhile after that large slice. View attachment 1267370 View attachment 1267371
Your door decoration is simple and festive. Love it. The little purple dress is so cute with the sparkling trim.

I was very impressed with the store they have lots of imported interesting items for very reasonable prices. Lots of Italian glass and crystal bowls .Helena got her sister a lovely big glass vase, lucky sister.
Was very tempted but didn’t get carried away except for the door star. It was only $18 which I thought was good.
Other stores would be triple the prices of what was on sale there.

Wont need lunch for awhile after that large slice. View attachment 1267370 View attachment 1267371
These are both lovely. I love the sparkly trim on the dress. Did you make the Christmas ornament? It is very nice.

I love them both. Simplicity is preferred to busy when it comes to decorations so the wreath is perfect. I know you're hanging it indoors so it doesn't get stolen, but that way you can enjoy it every time you pass that door. The sparkly works really well with the lavender, there's going to be another well dressed young lady. 😁

Thanks Kate & Margaret for another week.
Fan lovely little dress & pretty star.
JoRae, those cookies look good.
I thought DS would be here for supper but he went to pick up his truck in Lloydminste, his transmission went & needed fixing. Well, it took them 2 weeks to fix it & while it’s been there thieves drilled a hole in his gas tank & drained his gas. The @#$& service people didn’t tell him this had happened until after he paid his bill. Now he has to figure out how to get that fixed before he can come home. Damn thieves!

1 - 20 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom