Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1,130 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 18th November, 2022 :knitting1:

I seem to be getting earlier and earlier posting the new week, but Iā€™m always afraid as the night goes on that Iā€™ll forget altogether! So here we are early as usual - and to be honest ā€œearlyā€ is not usually my ā€œusualā€, Iā€™m more inclined the opposite!

Summary of Friday 11th November, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last weekā€™s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 11th November, 2022

A lot more pages this week than we have had for a while but mainly general chit-chat this week.

Kate has been referred for an endoscopy although the nausea has now gone. šŸ¤žšŸ»

Flyty1n had a MRI this week to work out what is wrong with her leg - no wonder she has had pain as she has a break and a meniscal tear. Fracture is well aligned and only a small tear so no treatment other than Tylenol/paracetamol and walking only as tolerable without too much pain.

Machristie came back from her weekend away unwell - and remains unwell.

Jazzy has been looking after her grandson this week and so has been around very little. Now back home.

Poledra has finally done the last of her farm work - and tells us she is not going to do it next year!

Grandies are growing up quickly with one reaching double figures, twins reaching two and two young ones becoming mobile - Matthias especially. Some weeks just seem to make the KP grandies growing up show up so clearly.

PHOTOS by Kate
1 - Fan - Amaryllis and geranium plants
3 - Darowil - Wet back yard
4 - Swedenme - April & Annabelle
5 - Maatje - Gus
6 - JoRae - Roxy
12 - Darowil - Bridges and flood debris
16 - Fan - 1940s pattern book / Mini pink rose
20 - Bonnie - Slippers and towels
22 - Fan - Tomten for a neighbour
23 - Fan - Tomten completed
23 - Bonnie - Mukluks
31 - Kate - ā€œBirthday Cupcakeā€ for Mindy
33 - Kate - Luke & Liam
34 - Fan - Female tomten
36 - Fan - Completed tomtens
40 - Sugarsugar - Crochet Christmas penguin (link below)
41 - JoRae - Pot holders / Double knitting hat
44 - Swedenme - Knitted Nutcracker doll / Cowl & mitts
53 - Alibee - Knitted sunflowers

CRAFTS
18 - Tami - How to sew with metallic thread (link)
20 - Bonnie - Vintage knitting books (link)
50 - Sugarsugar - Pew the crochet penguin pattern (link)

RECIPES
20 - Bonnie - Pavlova Christmas tree (link)

OTHERS
14 - MindyT - Watering Christmas Cacti (link)

Discussion starter · #182 ·
Thankyou ladies once again. Another wet day here today... it is just starting to fine up a bit mid afternoon, but more forecast tonight if it happens. Well DD and both girls have just tested positive for covid (again they had it in Feb) , and I had Penelope here yesterday for a few hours... at least we were mainly outside though as it was a nice day so fingers crossed I don't get it too. So far Penelope has no symptoms, Serena a slight runny nose and DD has the bad headache... which is why tested in the first place.

Bonnie.... I posted at the end of last week to note that the pattern says to use black for penguin feet but I did use yellow. Edit... also I used white where the pattern said cream.
Keeping fingers crossed that you avoid covid. šŸ¤žšŸ»

Discussion starter · #280 ·
My story telling mind is on form again so here goes folks.
A Tomten feast for Christmas
I knew it was too much to ask theTomten to behave and Iā€™m not wrong on that assumption.
Iā€™ve had to employ the services of Gnome Patrol to investigate some rather pungent odours coming from yonder staircase where theyā€™re all gathered for the holidays.
ā€˜It turns out that overnight there has been some pre Christmas cooking going on.
ā€˜Each lady Tomten has brought along a traditional or favourite dish for the festive season and to welcome newcomers Scarlett and Rufus Reddington.
ā€˜Theyā€™re a side shoot of the agricultural garden gnome family.
ā€˜All may seem innocent but on inquiry gnome patrol have discovered their true intentions.
ā€˜They want to sample the strawberry liqueur and party party party, leaving none to be delivered across the street where the Reddingtons are headed.
As for the strong odours, Kristina has brought Lutefisk and Swedish meatballs. That is quite a heady aroma from the Lutefisk, not for delicate stomachs I feel.
ā€˜Poppy has brought herb cookies and rhubarb icecream. Am quite suspicious of what she terms herb, as it smells rather like a certain ā€˜ā€™weedā€™ā€™ which is a worry.
ā€˜Catriona has made clootie dump and cranachan, liberally bathed in whiskey. That is quite acceptable I think?
And finally from Clodagh we have plum pudding and roast pork, yum
This is just from the ladies, I am left wondering what the fellas have concealed in the secret cupboard under the staircase.
ā€˜Oh my, itā€™s going to be a troubled 5 weeks until Christmas at this date I can see.
ā€˜As for the dress changes, Iā€™m not committing to anything just yet.
You should write a Tomten book! šŸ¤£šŸ‘

Discussion starter · #281 ·
I heard from my son and someone broke his car window took his fuse box out of his dash and then stole his car ramps. The ramps are how he makes his money by hauling cars. He said he could have cried. He has had one thing after another going wrong for him. I pray all the time for things to turn around for him and then this happens. I'm sick to death about all that has happened to him. David won't let him come over because with his dog Ozzy Ozzy is the sweetest but big dog, he is well behaved so it limits Bobbys visits because Bobby doesn't like leaving Ozzy alone too long. He takes Ozzy everywhere with him. Bobby never married so Ozzy is like his child he has always showed him so much loved when he lived in Memphis,TN. and he had no family there when his sister and family moved. Enough on this. Hope everyone is having a good day love to you all. I have to go my shoulder is bad even to type.
Your son is having a hard time just now, I hope things turn around for him.

Discussion starter · #282 ·
Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance šŸ˜„ is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Dh's condition, it canā€™t be easy to deal with. My friendā€™s DH has something similar and she says heā€™s not the man she married in fact she reckons theyā€™re at version 6 by now! šŸ˜±

Discussion starter · #644 ·
Thank you for asking about DH. He says every day that he has never been so happy. He's new to helping around the house but catching on quickly to so many things. It sure has made life so much easier for me too. I'm thinking it was 1/2 my almost dying and 1/2 changing life so much. He really seems happy and enjoying life so much. We'll be married 57 years this January and life has never been more enjoyable. When he says he never knew he could be so happy and I say the same thing.
So pleased for you both! šŸ’•

Discussion starter · #717 ·
Just returned from the luncheon for 96 Ballantrae ladies. The lunch was amazing with 3 courses which honestly was a struggle for me to get through, lol!
I swapped my steak for fish, as my neighbour doesnā€™t eat fish. This luncheon was pre organized by a group of woman and everyone had to choose between a Cornish hen, steak or fish as the main course. My one neighbourā€™s uncle passed last week and wasnā€™t able to come. So my next door neighbour bought her ticket but doesnā€™t eat fish, so I swapped.

I won the 1st prize, lol! Didnā€™t even realize it was my ticket until my neighbour realized it was my ticket, lol!
what a wonderful day Iā€™ve been fortunate enough to enjoy. šŸ„°šŸ‘
Looks very interesting....whatā€™s in it?

Discussion starter · #803 ·
šŸ’•šŸ’•{{{hugs}}} Easier said than done, but try not to fret over all of this until you know for sure what's going on. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other one day at a time and keep your horizon short. You've had a lot going on lately and I hope when the dust settles, there's more good news than bad.
Very well said, Sharon. I hope everything works out well for you Gwen. šŸ’•

Discussion starter · #807 ·
My SIL Lilian used to slice it thinly and dip it in flour egg breadcrumbs and fry it in butter like schnitzel and it was ok.
I donā€™t like it so never cook it myself. I can eat kidneys but no other offal food. Sheep brains and tripe was something I had in childhood and cannot stand either yuk!
Quite like kidney, donā€™t mind liver, but I love tripe!

Discussion starter · #816 ·
My father had tripe and onion club he belonged to and the members would take turns at each otherā€™s homes hosting the meal.
I found the smell of it cooking not great and refused to eat it. Each to their own preferences with food.
ā€˜I like haggis and blood sausage šŸ‘
I agree about the smell of it cooking - my mum used to boil hankies in a pot to clean them and it was a similar smell!

Discussion starter · #900 ·
Daughter and I left the house at 7:30 to be at clinic when it opened at 8; got there at about 10 to and there was a line of about 12 standing out in the cold waiting for it to open. All was very efficient once inside. Didnā€™t take long. Great nurse and doc. Ended up with a chest X-ray for pneumonia. It was neg. Doc said I was probably not contagious after the 1st week, prescribed antibiotic for bronchitis and recommended Mucinex. As we were leaving, we heard registration person telling new patients it would be a 3-hour wait. Glad I went in. Dd is roasting the 2 of us a chicken today. To all who celebrate, Happy Thanksgiving Day.
Glad you got checked out and itā€™s not pneumonia.

Discussion starter · #902 ·
Itā€™s nearly 2pm here and Iā€™m just now getting on to KP. Weā€™ve got both boys today as our schools are all on strike today - first time since the 1980ā€™s. They are after more money and in my opinion they well deserve it (as do the nurses who are now threatening to strike too.) - sorry Sam!

Discussion starter · #955 · (Edited)
Discussion starter · #956 ·
Lol! When you're waiting for something special, at any age, it takes forever. His mom and dad didn't plan those birthdays well. šŸ¤£ Of course you still have to wait a whole year until the next one and everyone else will be having birthdays between, but explaining that to a 5 year old and some adults, is neigh on impossible. LOL
My nieceā€™s birthday is on Boxing Day (26th) so when she was 3 she got presents on the 25th and 26th and was not a happy bunny when nothing was forthcoming on the 27th! šŸ¤£

1 - 20 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom