Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
261 - 280 of 1,130 Posts
I buy that brownie mix too, it’s very good. I’ve never added pecans though.
i have a 1000 calorie a square inch brownie recipe that soooo good but I make the mix now. My recipe has eagle brand milk, chocolate chips & brown sugar so pretty pricey to make & the mix is almost as good.
Oh that sounds good! DD only buys that mix. And the chips, too. She doesn't like the Nestle' chocolate chips any more.

Good afternoon/morning from a pretty grey Berkshire. We had a brief few minutes do sunshine about an hour ago but it’s vanished again now. Thank you Kate & Margaret for your all your hard work in getting us started on another week. Time seems to fly by, I can’t believe it’s only five weeks to Christmas.
I’m having a quiet day today, our London Explorers group had a trip yesterday to the National Gallery. The guy organising it has a friend who is a tour guide there so we had our own private tour for two hours. He was such a lovely man and made the whole tour so interesting and was a great teacher. I tend to look at a picture and either I like it or I don’t After yesterday I’ll be looking with a much more educated eye! Afterwards we went for lunch at a nearby pub and then I left the group and met up with my DGD who works at a theatre nearby. A lovely day but very tiring.
And no major events to keep an eye on the phones for either.
For others last time Angela and I were in London together the news about the queen starting coming through so I spent much of the afternoon checking my phone. Culminating in the news of her passing just before we got to Angela's place with our take away meal.
It's amazing what a difference it makes when you hear someone telling you about the painting isn't it? Did a 1 hour tour of the National Gallery a few weeks before we went the day I just mentioned. I too normally just look at them and like it to not.

Here we are once again.
Strawberry: remember what Jazzy went through and follow her lead. She stuck exactly by whatever she was told to do and came out great. Not easy, but following instructions so important.
I'm laughin as I saw gas yesterday in town at $5.39 and remarked to DH how much it has gone down recently! LOL
We know California pays at least $1.00 more a gallon because of the MTBE added to gas. When they began the addition dog's years ago, it was almost immediately much less smog everywhere. That continues. No doubt it is doing something else to the ground water, or something, but it sure has cured that smog problem for the most part.
DD and hubby should be here by 1 or 2 so off to finish prepping veggies (broccoli and asperagus) and a little more cleaning and straightening. Catch you all much later or tomorrow.
Have a great one!
I decided to look up how many litres in a gallon. A gallon is a gallon is a gallon right? Wrong! US gallon and Imperial gallons.
3.785 litres in a US gallon and 4.54 in an Imperial gallon.
Our petrol is around 1.80 a litre here. Converted Kiwi's to AUD and almost identical price! $6.81 a gallon

You’re right Maatje. After two hours my brain was ready to explode!
So good to hear your DGS is doing well now.
One is usually enough for me- I think my tour of the gallery was only an hour. Thoroughly enjoyed it but that was enough.

It’s bad here again with another wave of omicron giving 20,000 cases each week ugh!
But I see Pfizer are making a new vaccine with very good results for these new strains.
Our cases are climbing as well- expected to peak in about another week.

I just called it Jazzy Sharon's apple dessert when I copy and pasted it to Word!
Me too! well I didn't put Sharon's in.
I am sitting here seriously thinking of trying it with rhubarb instead of apple.

Edit. in the oven. so see what is like in about 20 minutes.

I heard from my son and someone broke his car window took his fuse box out of his dash and then stole his car ramps. The ramps are how he makes his money by hauling cars. He said he could have cried. He has had one thing after another going wrong for him. I pray all the time for things to turn around for him and then this happens. I'm sick to death about all that has happened to him. David won't let him come over because with his dog Ozzy Ozzy is the sweetest but big dog, he is well behaved so it limits Bobbys visits because Bobby doesn't like leaving Ozzy alone too long. He takes Ozzy everywhere with him. Bobby never married so Ozzy is like his child he has always showed him so much loved when he lived in Memphis,TN. and he had no family there when his sister and family moved. Enough on this. Hope everyone is having a good day love to you all. I have to go my shoulder is bad even to type.
How terrible for your DS to lose his livelihood through theft.

My story telling mind is on form again so here goes folks.
A Tomten feast for Christmas
I knew it was too much to ask theTomten to behave and I’m not wrong on that assumption.
I’ve had to employ the services of Gnome Patrol to investigate some rather pungent odours coming from yonder staircase where they’re all gathered for the holidays.
‘It turns out that overnight there has been some pre Christmas cooking going on.
‘Each lady Tomten has brought along a traditional or favourite dish for the festive season and to welcome newcomers Scarlett and Rufus Reddington.
‘They’re a side shoot of the agricultural garden gnome family.
‘All may seem innocent but on inquiry gnome patrol have discovered their true intentions.
‘They want to sample the strawberry liqueur and party party party, leaving none to be delivered across the street where the Reddingtons are headed.
As for the strong odours, Kristina has brought Lutefisk and Swedish meatballs. That is quite a heady aroma from the Lutefisk, not for delicate stomachs I feel.
‘Poppy has brought herb cookies and rhubarb icecream. Am quite suspicious of what she terms herb, as it smells rather like a certain ‘’weed’’ which is a worry.
‘Catriona has made clootie dump and cranachan, liberally bathed in whiskey. That is quite acceptable I think?
And finally from Clodagh we have plum pudding and roast pork, yum
This is just from the ladies, I am left wondering what the fellas have concealed in the secret cupboard under the staircase.
‘Oh my, it’s going to be a troubled 5 weeks until Christmas at this date I can see.
‘As for the dress changes, I’m not committing to anything just yet.
I think they need to show they can behave before they get new clothing. But then how boring would it be for us if behaved?

Gasoline prices are very high here these figures are for 95 octane, My car takes 98 so even more expensive.
it’s over $100 to fill it, thankfully I only need to refill about once every month or so. View attachment 1267528
And people complain here about the cost of petrol!

That is great news about your grandson. It looks like the stress at school was definitely having an impact on his progress, but now that he has tasted success it will be motivation to keep it up. Good for him and good for the adults who took his concerns seriously.
Well said and from me too. (y) Great news.

Jazzy's Rhurbarb dessert worked very well. Going to add it to my collection of recipes to use- a nice easy dessert when having people around for a meal.
Of course will also use apple at times but had rhubarb that needed to be used- well I still have rhubarb that needs to be used but some has now been demolished.

Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance 😄 is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon

And unleaded is around $1.97 per Litre here.
Highest I have seen was 216.99 a week or two ago. Hasn't hit that high locally. Advantage of being out of the city is that we don't get the same price cycling so we don't usually get the highest- but then not the lowest prices either. But with our trips we can usually manage to get it when it cheapest here or in the city so rarely need to pay the highest prices.

Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance 😄 is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon
Sorry life is complicated right now. Must be really hard living with him when He is going through the difficult times. Not the person you married at all.

I knew it was too much to ask theTomten to behave and I’m not wrong on that assumption.
I’ve had to employ the services of Gnome Patrol to investigate some rather pungent odours coming from yonder staircase where they’re all gathered for the holidays.
‘It turns out that overnight there has been some pre Christmas cooking going on.
‘Each lady Tomten has brought along a traditional or favourite dish for the festive season and to welcome newcomers Scarlett and Rufus Reddington.
‘All may seem innocent but on inquiry gnome patrol have discovered their true intentions.
‘They want to sample the strawberry liqueur and party party party, leaving none to be delivered across the street where the Reddingtons are headed.
As for the strong odours, Kristina has brought Lutefisk and Swedish meatballs. That is quite a heady aroma from the Lutefisk, not for delicate stomachs I feel.
‘Poppy has brought herb cookies and rhubarb icecream. Am quite suspicious of what she terms herb, as it smells rather like a certain ‘’weed’’ which is a worry.
‘Catriona has made clootie dump and cranachan, liberally bathed in whiskey. That is quite acceptable I think?
This is just from the ladies, I am left wondering what the fellas have concealed in the secret cupboard under the staircase.
‘Oh my, it’s going to be a troubled 5 weeks until Christmas at this date I can see.
Great story Fan.. lol. I think you should make some guards... (y) Your tomtem get into more mischief than an Elf on the Shelf.. lol.

Discussion starter · #280 ·
You should write a Tomten book! 🤣👍

261 - 280 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom