Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
301 - 320 of 1,130 Posts
good morning. Gus is sitting here whining at his reflection in the patio doors. He’s positive something lives up on my hill and frequently sits and looks carefully all around. He could possibly sense something as my neighbors trail camera picked up fox, moose and coyotes. And I’ve had pheasant up there also. And once a very distraught turkey. Anyway, it’s fine during the day. It’s at night when it’s dark that I get slightly nervous. No way anyone can get in, but still. And then I tell myself why on earth would anyone pick this house? So silly.
Sonja, so very sorry about your dh’s relapse. I’m sure it is taxing on you. Praying it gets resolved quickly. Glad the snowmen hats are coming along. I need to make some new hats. But I’m still working on those cardigans. One more to go. Need to stop in on Tuesday and pick up some more yarn.
thanks y’all for the comments on the cactus. It’s a fun plant for sure. i love the blooms, they remind me of flying tropical birds. I have another one too a pinkish white one that doesn’t hang onto the blossoms at all. I treat it same as the pink one.
I was going to comment on more, but everything has flown out the window. So with that sad admission of my senior moment, I will sign off. Church this morning and then to oldest dd for the day. Gus will be thrilled to go visiting.

Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance 😄 is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon
So sorry that your having hubby issues again, and yes, bi-polar is a hard one to deal with, and you are a super woman with many powers, knitting included. lol
I can't wait to see your hats.

Catching up and having a second cuppa. Waiting for 'the gang' to get up. It's just on 7 a.m. now. I've put away all the clean dishes from the diswasher, boiled the tea kettle, had my fosomex and now a slice of toast with tea. Must wait that 1/2 hour between taking it and eating or drinking anything else. Time passes quickly in the quiet and peace of the early morning hour and I guess I can be glad none of Fan's Tomkens can be here causing funny stuff to go on. Had a lovely afternoon and evening, watched a new movie streaming on Netflix, "The Wonder". When someone else watches it, we can compare notes. I will make no spoilers here.
They'll all be up wanting a walk and then breakfast, so I shall close for now. Have wonderful days/evenings all.
And, Fan, get that strong lock made for the door!!

I have learned so much on this forum. I didn't know that US and NZ gallons were not the same. I paid 5.79,9 for a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday and was complaining. Surely we all are suffering high petrol prices.
Strawberry, I am so sorry for your son's losses. How awful to have your car broken into and ramps stolen. I hope they can catch those theives as well as the dastardly ones who drilled holes in the gas tanks. Gas tanks are always hard to replace as you have to take out and disconnect much of the gas lines and parts of the car over them. Here they are stealing catalytic converters, also very expensive to replace. And, I learned at the DMV that thieves are breaking into handicapped peoples cars and stealing their handicapped cards and selling them on the black market. I was told to keep my car locked up and only use the card if absolutely necessary for me to park in a handicap place. I shall try just to park as close as possible to the store and not use the card.
Maybe the handicap license would be a better option? They couldn't be reused as easily, it's just awful that people are so easily turned to doing the wrong things instead of working to do the right things.

My youngest son is bipolar and thankfully the medication he’s been on for about the past 20 years has prevented him from having a major episode. Unfortunately it’s such a strong dose that it slows him down so much, I sometimes think it must be like swimming through treacle.
It's great that the meds are working so well, but to bad that it has to be such a huge dose.

I hope he gets another job soon with not problems, and that pays well.
Hopefully he's able to find a tank for a decent price.
Since it’s an insurance claim, the autobody place will get a new one, I just hope the wait isn’t too long. DH waited months for parts for his truck
🤞🤞He likes his current job except that it’s seasonal

I decided to look up how many litres in a gallon. A gallon is a gallon is a gallon right? Wrong! US gallon and Imperial gallons.
3.785 litres in a US gallon and 4.54 in an Imperial gallon.
Our petrol is around 1.80 a litre here. Converted Kiwi's to AUD and almost identical price! $6.81 a gallon
And 4 quarts to a US gallon, 16 ounces in a pint, 2 pints in a quart. DS was taught in his baking and pastry classes that a pint is a pint the world around! Though I think at times that does not quite apply.

I decided to look up how many litres in a gallon. A gallon is a gallon is a gallon right? Wrong! US gallon and Imperial gallons.
3.785 litres in a US gallon and 4.54 in an Imperial gallon.
Our petrol is around 1.80 a litre here. Converted Kiwi's to AUD and almost identical price! $6.81 a gallon
Just in case we aren’t confused enough😄😄why would a gallon be a gallon🙄

Good morning, I've finished my first cup of coffee while catching up with you all, so will get on the treadmill and then get going on the day.
The sun is up and it's supposed to hit 52f today, and we're to have a lovely week or two, we'll see, who can really predict the weather these days? lol
Okay, have a great day.

My youngest son is bipolar and thankfully the medication he’s been on for about the past 20 years has prevented him from having a major episode. Unfortunately it’s such a strong dose that it slows him down so much, I sometimes think it must be like swimming through treacle.
But he takes it and I commend him. It is when they think they have control and don’t take the medication that things go really south. I’m glad your son does pretty well but yes, the side effects make it hard. ☹

Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance 😄 is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon
Sorry you are having to deal with bi-polar problems, does he refuse to take meds or do they just quit working at times?
i worked many years with a woman who would go off the rails every fall, I can’t imagine living with someone like that, 8 hrs was more than enough.

Highest I have seen was 216.99 a week or two ago. Hasn't hit that high locally. Advantage of being out of the city is that we don't get the same price cycling so we don't usually get the highest- but then not the lowest prices either. But with our trips we can usually manage to get it when it cheapest here or in the city so rarely need to pay the highest prices.
When we were in BC this fall, it’s miles to the next gas station so they really gouged everyone. We had to buy diesel at $2.12/L in Osoyoos

Gasoline prices are very high here these figures are for 95 octane, My car takes 98 so even more expensive.
it’s over $100 to fill it, thankfully I only need to refill about once every month or so. View attachment 1267528
Our's is usually 87, 89 and 93 octane listed on the pumps. E-85 is a dual fuel, which according to Google is an alternative fuel, usually gasoline blended with either ethanol or methanol fuel and both fuels are stored in the same common tank. Our pumps that have the E-85 fuel have higher amounts of the ethanol/methanol in the blend. Almost all gasoline around me at least, has some ethanol in it. Though down here, and some places at home, more so here though, have what they call Marine gas which is just gasoline, nothing blended with it. More than my brain wants to absorb on this gloomy Sunday morning!

How many gallons does your gas tank hold? I don't remember how many in our Ranger pickup, but my Expedition will hold 28 gallons. The fuel tank our our RV is 175 gallons! Needless to say, we don't wait that long to fill it up! Ouch! We are seeing prices of $4.69 and up for diesel around us right now. But it is higher other places. Most of what we saw coming down was at least $4.99 but most over $5. We used our fleet card several times so we could get a discount. We have managed to not pay over the $4.99/gallon for diesel most of the summer and coming down.

I have learned so much on this forum. I didn't know that US and NZ gallons were not the same. I paid 5.79,9 for a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday and was complaining. Surely we all are suffering high petrol prices.
Strawberry, I am so sorry for your son's losses. How awful to have your car broken into and ramps stolen. I hope they can catch those theives as well as the dastardly ones who drilled holes in the gas tanks. Gas tanks are always hard to replace as you have to take out and disconnect much of the gas lines and parts of the car over them. Here they are stealing catalytic converters, also very expensive to replace. And, I learned at the DMV that thieves are breaking into handicapped peoples cars and stealing their handicapped cards and selling them on the black market. I was told to keep my car locked up and only use the card if absolutely necessary for me to park in a handicap place. I shall try just to park as close as possible to the store and not use the card.
Yes quite a difference in US gallon, 128 ounces & an Imperial gallon, 160 ounces. I knew that even before we switched to litres as some canning jars are Imperial quarts, 40 ounces, made in Canada & others are US quarts, 32 ounces . I wonder how they ever came up with 2 different systems but called the measurements the same?
How ridiculous that you now have to protect your handicapped placard. Is there no low those theives won’t dip below?😖.

Jazzy's Rhurbarb dessert worked very well. Going to add it to my collection of recipes to use- a nice easy dessert when having people around for a meal.
Of course will also use apple at times but had rhubarb that needed to be used- well I still have rhubarb that needs to be used but some has now been demolished.
Do you ever freeze your rhubarb? Jeanne does. She also used her DD's food dehydrator this summer and figured out how much she would need of the dehydrated to re-hydrate to make a pie, and packaged it in those amounts. Her DD has 2 big patches of it, one patch being over 100 years old they figure. It sounds like it was put in about the time the house was originally built.

Sometimes everything going on makes one want to just hunker down in the castle with the drawbridge raised up against the world. I know there have always been thieves and criminals, but the impact of their activities on the rest of us seems to be increasing all the time with new ways to profit from crime.
For sure. We never used to have many problems here, never locked the house or took the keys out of vehicles but the last 10 years things have changed drastically. Since there seems little consequences to any crime it’s only going to get worse

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that again/still. It probably isn't easy for your DH, either, though. Yay! Can't wait to see your snowman. I hope you are taking notes!

301 - 320 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom