Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
321 - 340 of 1,130 Posts
One rarely sees a mask anywhere around our area. It sounds like you got some great deals on the things you needed.i hope you get the jackets made, Christmas sneaks up on us. I’m sure you will.
I plan to get at them this week. My biggest problem is knowing the sizes. For years I’ve used the same pattern & just add a bit here & there, which is ok as long as I write that down. I looked at buying a man’s jacket pattern but the fabric store wanted $20😳that seems a bit excessive!
when my kids were young I bought several multi sized patterns & just used them for everything. When I made coveralls, I just taped the pants & top patterns together & off I went😄

I can sympathize. My niece’s husband was bipolar and I have a friend whose husband is bipolar. It is extremely hard.
Can’t wait to see those hats when things settle down for your and I hope it settles soon. Hugs.
My sister was Bipolar according to my mother. I was always to be responsible for her to make mother happy. It was more than a miserable life style. Every one walked on tiptoes around her, her behaviors ruled the family. She wasn't diagnosed until her 40s. My father was scared of her and my mother was always being threatened by her. She was always just trying to kill me or make it so I could have no friends. My mother was not innocent either, she had mental health issues also. I just have nothing to do with her after my mothers funeral when she declared that we were no longer her family. Yay!
I am closer to her daughter who is destroyed by her mother and own mental health issues. She continues to love her mother (my former sister) but contacts me and says that we are the only kindness and love in her life that she is sure of.
I can't forsake her needs.

I have learned so much on this forum. I didn't know that US and NZ gallons were not the same. I paid 5.79,9 for a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday and was complaining. Surely we all are suffering high petrol prices.
Strawberry, I am so sorry for your son's losses. How awful to have your car broken into and ramps stolen. I hope they can catch those theives as well as the dastardly ones who drilled holes in the gas tanks. Gas tanks are always hard to replace as you have to take out and disconnect much of the gas lines and parts of the car over them. Here they are stealing catalytic converters, also very expensive to replace. And, I learned at the DMV that thieves are breaking into handicapped peoples cars and stealing their handicapped cards and selling them on the black market. I was told to keep my car locked up and only use the card if absolutely necessary for me to park in a handicap place. I shall try just to park as close as possible to the store and not use the card.
They are after the catalytic converters all over, because they can get a good price for them to use for drug money or whatever they are stealing to get money for. I forget what is in the catalytic converters that makes them so expensive and valuable. That is the first that I have heard about the handicap placards being stolen and sold! Wow! Of course, I don't have one, so that may be why I wasn't told about it when I got my driver's license renewed. And they have an informational TV on the wall to give you something to watch while waiting that didn't say anything about it, either. Maybe so as not to give anyone ideas?

My youngest son is bipolar and thankfully the medication he’s been on for about the past 20 years has prevented him from having a major episode. Unfortunately it’s such a strong dose that it slows him down so much, I sometimes think it must be like swimming through treacle.
Good your DS manages well.
It’s too bad they can’t make meds that don’t have side effects,my work mate used to quit taking hers when she was feeling good because she didn’t like the side effect & “ obviously didn’t need them”, then she’d go off the deep end again

good morning. Gus is sitting here whining at his reflection in the patio doors. He’s positive something lives up on my hill and frequently sits and looks carefully all around. He could possibly sense something as my neighbors trail camera picked up fox, moose and coyotes. And I’ve had pheasant up there also. And once a very distraught turkey. Anyway, it’s fine during the day. It’s at night when it’s dark that I get slightly nervous. No way anyone can get in, but still. And then I tell myself why on earth would anyone pick this house? So silly.
Sonja, so very sorry about your dh’s relapse. I’m sure it is taxing on you. Praying it gets resolved quickly. Glad the snowmen hats are coming along. I need to make some new hats. But I’m still working on those cardigans. One more to go. Need to stop in on Tuesday and pick up some more yarn.
thanks y’all for the comments on the cactus. It’s a fun plant for sure. i love the blooms, they remind me of flying tropical birds. I have another one too a pinkish white one that doesn’t hang onto the blossoms at all. I treat it same as the pink one.
I was going to comment on more, but everything has flown out the window. So with that sad admission of my senior moment, I will sign off. Church this morning and then to oldest dd for the day. Gus will be thrilled to go visiting.
Gus might also be smelling whatever critter is out there at night. Do you have curtains/drapes on the patio door that you could close at night? If nothing else, it might make you feel more comfortable. Perhaps he is just being a good guard dog! Or whining because he is seeing his reflection?

good morning. Gus is sitting here whining at his reflection in the patio doors. He’s positive something lives up on my hill and frequently sits and looks carefully all around. He could possibly sense something as my neighbors trail camera picked up fox, moose and coyotes. And I’ve had pheasant up there also. And once a very distraught turkey. Anyway, it’s fine during the day. It’s at night when it’s dark that I get slightly nervous. No way anyone can get in, but still. And then I tell myself why on earth would anyone pick this house? So silly.
Sonja, so very sorry about your dh’s relapse. I’m sure it is taxing on you. Praying it gets resolved quickly. Glad the snowmen hats are coming along. I need to make some new hats. But I’m still working on those cardigans. One more to go. Need to stop in on Tuesday and pick up some more yarn.
thanks y’all for the comments on the cactus. It’s a fun plant for sure. i love the blooms, they remind me of flying tropical birds. I have another one too a pinkish white one that doesn’t hang onto the blossoms at all. I treat it same as the pink one.
I was going to comment on more, but everything has flown out the window. So with that sad admission of my senior moment, I will sign off. Church this morning and then to oldest dd for the day. Gus will be thrilled to go visiting.
Have a good day visiting, Gus will love playing with the kids.
Kimber regularly looks out & growls at who knows what in the yard.
i saw 5 moose in my travels Yesterday, thank goodness they weren’t close to my car. 2 strutted across the highway like they owned it & the other 3, probably a mom & 2 calves, were grazing in a field.
DH has a tag for a mule deer, Imhope he gets one, we get really good sausage & salami made from it.

Yes quite a difference in US gallon, 128 ounces & an Imperial gallon, 160 ounces. I knew that even before we switched to litres as some canning jars are Imperial quarts, 40 ounces, made in Canada & others are US quarts, 32 ounces . I wonder how they ever came up with 2 different systems but called the measurements the same?
How ridiculous that you now have to protect your handicapped placard. Is there no low those theives won’t dip below?😖.
It sure makes it confusing! Especially since I could never wrap my head around the metric system. Still can't, but that is most math for me anyway. I can do basics but don't make me do anything but the most basic fractions for sewing and cooking. I have been known to decide I want to make a pattern that calls for more than one color fabric in just one color, and go to the cutting counter and tell them I want this fraction, that fraction, and this fraction all in one color and piece! I just tell them I can't do fractions, please and thank you.

I plan to get at them this week. My biggest problem is knowing the sizes. For years I’ve used the same pattern & just add a bit here & there, which is ok as long as I write that down. I looked at buying a man’s jacket pattern but the fabric store wanted $20😳that seems a bit excessive!
when my kids were young I bought several multi sized patterns & just used them for everything. When I made coveralls, I just taped the pants & top patterns together & off I went😄
My MIL could do that. Something I never could manage. How close in size is your DGS to your sons or DH? Could you use one of their jackets as a pattern? When I was pregnant with DS I had a dress that I loved, but couldn't find any more like it. I made that comment when DH's aunt was there and she said make them, you are wearing the pattern! I still have no clue how!

i saw 5 moose in my travels Yesterday, thank goodness they weren’t close to my car. 2 strutted across the highway like they owned it & the other 3, probably a mom & 2 calves, were grazing in a field.
DH has a tag for a mule deer, Imhope he gets one, we get really good sausage & salami made from it.
What is a mule deer compared to a regular deer ??? I know buck and doe and fawn.

Sometimes everything going on makes one want to just hunker down in the castle with the drawbridge raised up against the world. I know there have always been thieves and criminals, but the impact of their activities on the rest of us seems to be increasing all the time with new ways to profit from crime.
We had a rash of thefts from our big blue mailboxes---some at the outside of the post office, others around the city. Apparently someone stole a master key and was able to open them. The thieves then stole envelopes with checks and altered the checks. Some people were arrested but it is still a worry. We've been advised to either hand important mail to a mail carrier or take it inside at a post office. So now we are concerned with credit card transactions (hacking) and bank checks. I do use online banking and just hope that's secure.

My sister was Bipolar according to my mother. I was always to be responsible for her to make mother happy. It was more than a miserable life style. Every one walked on tiptoes around her, her behaviors ruled the family. She wasn't diagnosed until her 40s. My father was scared of her and my mother was always being threatened by her. She was always just trying to kill me or make it so I could have no friends. My mother was not innocent either, she had mental health issues also. I just have nothing to do with her after my mothers funeral when she declared that we were no longer her family. Yay!
I am closer to her daughter who is destroyed by her mother and own mental health issues. She continues to love her mother (my former sister) but contacts me and says that we are the only kindness and love in her life that she is sure of.
I can't forsake her needs.
How very sad, for all of you. HUGs. I am glad you are there for your niece through her struggles. And that she appreciates it and lets you know she does.

Well, of course they own it! Didn't you know they even paid for the road to be made? :ROFLMAO: You just get to drive on it when they aren't using it! I'm glad they stayed out of your way. I hope your DH gets h is mule deer. The sausage sounds really good!

We had a rash of thefts from our big blue mailboxes---some at the outside of the post office, others around the city. Apparently someone stole a master key and was able to open them. The thieves then stole envelopes with checks and altered the checks. Some people were arrested but it is still a worry. We've been advised to either hand important mail to a mail carrier or take it inside at a post office. So now we are concerned with credit card transactions (hacking) and bank checks. I do use online banking and just hope that's secure.
I hadn't heard about the mail boxes until the other day. DH had read it. So when I mailed your Christmas cards for the exchange DH actually walked them into the PO. We did use the blue drop box yesterday because the PO was closed by the time we got there to mail stuff. Hope it will be okay as I did have some bills to pay with checks in them. I will have to start watching the account in a day or two. Though I do use a fraud proof ink pen to write the checks, so hopefully that helps if stolen!

321 - 340 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom