Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
281 - 300 of 1,130 Posts
Discussion starter · #281 ·
I heard from my son and someone broke his car window took his fuse box out of his dash and then stole his car ramps. The ramps are how he makes his money by hauling cars. He said he could have cried. He has had one thing after another going wrong for him. I pray all the time for things to turn around for him and then this happens. I'm sick to death about all that has happened to him. David won't let him come over because with his dog Ozzy Ozzy is the sweetest but big dog, he is well behaved so it limits Bobbys visits because Bobby doesn't like leaving Ozzy alone too long. He takes Ozzy everywhere with him. Bobby never married so Ozzy is like his child he has always showed him so much loved when he lived in Memphis,TN. and he had no family there when his sister and family moved. Enough on this. Hope everyone is having a good day love to you all. I have to go my shoulder is bad even to type.
Your son is having a hard time just now, I hope things turn around for him.

Discussion starter · #282 ·
Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance 😄 is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Dh's condition, it can’t be easy to deal with. My friend’s DH has something similar and she says he’s not the man she married in fact she reckons they’re at version 6 by now! 😱

Gasoline prices are very high here these figures are for 95 octane, My car takes 98 so even more expensive.
it’s over $100 to fill it, thankfully I only need to refill about once every month or so. View attachment 1267528
I have learned so much on this forum. I didn't know that US and NZ gallons were not the same. I paid 5.79,9 for a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday and was complaining. Surely we all are suffering high petrol prices.
Strawberry, I am so sorry for your son's losses. How awful to have your car broken into and ramps stolen. I hope they can catch those theives as well as the dastardly ones who drilled holes in the gas tanks. Gas tanks are always hard to replace as you have to take out and disconnect much of the gas lines and parts of the car over them. Here they are stealing catalytic converters, also very expensive to replace. And, I learned at the DMV that thieves are breaking into handicapped peoples cars and stealing their handicapped cards and selling them on the black market. I was told to keep my car locked up and only use the card if absolutely necessary for me to park in a handicap place. I shall try just to park as close as possible to the store and not use the card.

I've been using reading glasses for several years. I can't walk around in them, or it makes me off balance again, which is why I don't often wear my prescription glasses. They make the balance issues worse. I;m glad he found a work around.
i have the same problem, and now you will find my reading glasses on top of my head a lot. When I can’t find them, I just feel around up there, and there they are!!!

Me too! well I didn't put Sharon's in.
I am sitting here seriously thinking of trying it with rhubarb instead of apple.

Edit. in the oven. so see what is like in about 20 minutes.
It's going to be yummy. I've never thought of changing out the fruit because Mike doesn't like rhubarb, but I wonder if it's too juicy to make a cake thing. Could be pudding instead. Inquiring minds want to know how it turns out 😁

Morning ladies thought I better show my face before more days pass again , not been particularly busy just trying to deal with husband at the moment , have to say living with someone who is classed as bi-polar is not for the faint hearted, but hej i havent needed to ask for bail money yet so my super power patience or should that be resistance 😄 is still strong . I've been having some trouble with my snowman hat but I'm now happy with the snowman , got to make the other one while it's fresh in my head so hopefully if I can get some peace should be able to get them finished this week,

Cathy so sorry to hear the girls and mum have covid , do hope they feel better soon
After hearing about Mike's life with a bipolar mom, you have my sympathy. You're right, it takes a strong person to at least not fantasize about putting them out of your misery in their sleep. His dad is a totaĺly different person since he became a widower. Is your DH on any kind of medication to smooth out the mood swings? {{{Hugs}}}

Hugs, Sonja.💕 That’s got to be so difficult. Good you have your knitting and the beauty of Yorkshire to escape to when needed.
We very seldom eat dessert but tonight I had a craving for something sweet so I made this apple dessert. I thought I would share the recipe because it's fast, economical and light. No idea what to call it but I've had the recipe since the mid 70s.

2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup apple, peeled, cored and diced (I just use the whole apple) NOTE: use a good cooking apple like MacIntosh
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine the apple and sugar in a bowl with a spatula until sugar is moist. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Combine dry ingredients and add to the apple mixture, fold in chopped nuts. Spread in a greased 9" pie plate, bake 30 minutes at 350°F. Serve warm or room temp.

I've made this successfully with Robin Hood gluten free flour if you need to substitute.
View attachment 1267389
Thank you, Sharon. This sounds so good. My mind is coming up with all kinds of variations—blueberry, maybe a topping like sugar and cinnamon, how about frozen peaches with a brown sugar and pecan topping?

Good afternoon/morning from a pretty grey Berkshire. We had a brief few minutes do sunshine about an hour ago but it’s vanished again now. Thank you Kate & Margaret for your all your hard work in getting us started on another week. Time seems to fly by, I can’t believe it’s only five weeks to Christmas.
I’m having a quiet day today, our London Explorers group had a trip yesterday to the National Gallery. The guy organising it has a friend who is a tour guide there so we had our own private tour for two hours. He was such a lovely man and made the whole tour so interesting and was a great teacher. I tend to look at a picture and either I like it or I don’t After yesterday I’ll be looking with a much more educated eye! Afterwards we went for lunch at a nearby pub and then I left the group and met up with my DGD who works at a theatre nearby. A lovely day but very tiring.
Sounds like a perfect day, Angela. Made me remember a time when a friend of my daughter’s was training to be a docent at the Minneapolis Art Institute and invited a few mothers of her friends for a practice tour. MIA has a very nice Asian Collection, and that was to be her field. I learned so much that afternoon. It was the best!

It's going to be yummy. I've never thought of changing out the fruit because Mike doesn't like rhubarb, but I wonder if it's too juicy to make a cake thing. Could be pudding instead. Inquiring minds want to know how it turns out 😁
I figured rhubarb should work as not juicy. I was trying to think if any other fruit that could be used but couldn't think of any as the rest would I think be too juicy. Maybe some of the less juicy stone fruits might work. If they ever ripen here I may get some and try- especially apricots as they often aren't as juicy.

I have learned so much on this forum. I didn't know that US and NZ gallons were not the same. I paid 5.79,9 for a gallon of diesel fuel yesterday and was complaining. Surely we all are suffering high petrol prices.
Strawberry, I am so sorry for your son's losses. How awful to have your car broken into and ramps stolen. I hope they can catch those theives as well as the dastardly ones who drilled holes in the gas tanks. Gas tanks are always hard to replace as you have to take out and disconnect much of the gas lines and parts of the car over them. Here they are stealing catalytic converters, also very expensive to replace. And, I learned at the DMV that thieves are breaking into handicapped peoples cars and stealing their handicapped cards and selling them on the black market. I was told to keep my car locked up and only use the card if absolutely necessary for me to park in a handicap place. I shall try just to park as close as possible to the store and not use the card.
Sometimes everything going on makes one want to just hunker down in the castle with the drawbridge raised up against the world. I know there have always been thieves and criminals, but the impact of their activities on the rest of us seems to be increasing all the time with new ways to profit from crime.

Hugs, Sonja.💕 That’s got to be so difficult. Good you have your knitting and the beauty of Yorkshire to escape to when needed.

Thank you, Sharon. This sounds so good. My mind is coming up with all kinds of variations—blueberry, maybe a topping like sugar and cinnamon, how about frozen peaches with a brown sugar and pecan topping?
I like all of those ideas, and it wouldn't cost much time or money to find out. My only observation is that if I use an apple that's too juicy, the cake is soggy but maybe you would have a really good pudding instead. If you do experiment, please share the results. I have to admit that it never occurred to me to change out the fruit, but that's why I love the tea party ladies -- fresh eyes.

I went to Lloydminster today, I should have taken a mask but didn’t, didn’t see many wearing them but heard lots coughing.
Fabricland had a big Black Friday sale, 50% off basically everything, I now have everything to make the jackets for Christmas, now just need to get my butt in gear & get them done, I‘ve been procrastinating
I did some Christmas shopping, got goodies to make a basket for my 95 yr old Aunt who is in a nursing home. Ive done that the past few years & she seems to enjoy her snacks. I also got 2 little Nerf ( foam dart) guns for my nephew, my kids & GKs loved those & some chocolates & a box of assorted teas for a couple of Christmas exchanges. Makes me feel better when I feel more organized
One rarely sees a mask anywhere around our area. It sounds like you got some great deals on the things you needed.i hope you get the jackets made, Christmas sneaks up on us. I’m sure you will.

I can sympathize. My niece’s husband was bipolar and I have a friend whose husband is bipolar. It is extremely hard.
Can’t wait to see those hats when things settle down for your and I hope it settles soon. Hugs.

So sorry you’re having to deal with one of your husband’s downturns. I hope he gets back on an even keel soon.

It makes me so mad to hear of someone out to make a few bucks out of someone else’s misfortunes. 😡

Sometimes everything going on makes one want to just hunker down in the castle with the drawbridge raised up against the world. I know there have always been thieves and criminals, but the impact of their activities on the rest of us seems to be increasing all the time with new ways to profit from crime.
And I think drugs have a lot to do with it. Users are always trying to get their hands on enough cash for their next fix.

I can sympathize. My niece’s husband was bipolar and I have a friend whose husband is bipolar. It is extremely hard.
Can’t wait to see those hats when things settle down for your and I hope it settles soon. Hugs.
My youngest son is bipolar and thankfully the medication he’s been on for about the past 20 years has prevented him from having a major episode. Unfortunately it’s such a strong dose that it slows him down so much, I sometimes think it must be like swimming through treacle.

281 - 300 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom