Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1,121 - 1,130 of 1,130 Posts
Good morning, looks like it will be gorgeous, and 61f yippee! lol
Just knitting and catch up with you all with coffee.
Crazy weather. Just heard on the evening news we hit 50F today. That’s nearly 10 degrees above where the average high is for this time of year.
Are you feeling any better?
Not too much. Still having some crazy coughing attacks and a lot of congestion. Really tired of it!!! Had never had anything last this long.

The first couple years after we got married we travelled between both families (around a 2 hour trip one way with us living at the midpoint between them) but once Maryanne was a toddler we decided it was too much to manage so started alternating each year. And that created friction with David's mother who was not happy. And even worse when one year we decided to just have a home Christmas- by then we had moved and around 6 hour trip to either family. Well that was just not on as far as MIL was concerned. Not that she succeeded in stopping us staying staying put.
My sister married into a family where her MIL demanded that her three sons come home for every holiday, birthday, Mothers and Fathers Days. I can't remember the last time we got to spend Christmas together, even though we were only an hour apart. I don't understand needing that kind of control over other people's lives, even if they are one's family.

My sister married into a family where her MIL demanded that her three sons come home for every holiday, birthday, Mothers and Fathers Days. I can't remember the last time we got to spend Christmas together, even though we were only an hour apart. I don't understand needing that kind of control over other people's lives, even if they are one's family.
It shows a total inability to consider others doesn't it? Why should your sister never get to spend holidays with her family?

sorry you son and DH haven’t got any yet…here it’s almost the last chance…. My one sil got one a couple of weeks ago but my other sil has nothing. I haven’t heard that he got anything this morning. And my son took the 10 year old this morning but doubt if he got anything since there’s silence all around. It sure helps with the meat supply even though they aren’t huge. My youngest dd only uses the ground venison when they have it in place of beef. It’s fine, even in tacos.
Yes, it’s good for ground, sausage & salami. The back straps are good roasted with bacon but I don’t care for steaks or roasts

The first couple years after we got married we travelled between both families (around a 2 hour trip one way with us living at the midpoint between them) but once Maryanne was a toddler we decided it was too much to manage so started alternating each year. And that created friction with David's mother who was not happy. And even worse when one year we decided to just have a home Christmas- by then we had moved and around 6 hour trip to either family. Well that was just not on as far as MIL was concerned. Not that she succeeded in stopping us staying staying put.
We are lucky to live close to the family. Mom passed before we had kids & after that I cooked Christmas & both my family & DHs parents came here.
with DS & family, I just invite his in-laws too & we all get to be together

That seems awfully selfish. Most families I know do alternate years with each family.
My sisters in-laws have always celebrated Christmas Eve so that works well for us all

That seems awfully selfish. Most families I know do alternate years with each family.
My sisters in-laws have always celebrated Christmas Eve so that works well for us all
I was one of the lucky ones, lol! No family from either side living in Canada, no families to cater too. No family arguments, no fussing with food etc. Loved our Christmases though and do miss them, we always celebrated Christmas Eve.
Of course coming from a large family, to be honest, was sad not having family around. Then again because we were always just 3 as a family, we did everything together so didn’t miss out on anything.
Hope this makes sense, lol! 🤣😁👍🥰

I was one of the lucky ones, lol! No family from either side living in Canada, no families to cater too. No family arguments, no fussing with food etc. Loved our Christmases though and do miss them, we always celebrated Christmas Eve.
Of course coming from a large family, to be honest, was sad not having family around. Then again because we were always just 3 as a family, we did everything together so didn’t miss out on anything.
Hope this makes sense, lol! 🤣😁👍🥰
When we moved west I really missed the huge family Christmases we had when I was a child with many of Moms 9 siblings & their families & Dads 5 & families coming & going. It was chaos & Im sure exhausting for my Mom but I loved every minute of it, when we came here it was so small & quiet

1,121 - 1,130 of 1,130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom