Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 831 Posts

· Premium Member
20,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 20th January, 2023 :knitting1:

A bright, sunny day here today, but very cold. Got my hair cut and coloured today at my niece’s salon (well not actually owned by her!) so here I am all tarted up with nowhere to go! Here’s to a productive, happy and healthy week for us all.
A fairly short summary this week....

Summary of Friday 13th January, 2023 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 13th January, 2023

Strawberry was due for her shoulder surgery Thursday - as we haven't heard anything to say otherwise we assume she had it.

Jim (Tami’s friend) came out of ICU Saturday and has started to walk with just a nurse for support. Waiting for rehab.

Cashmeregma’s uncle passed away peacefully on Sunday.

PHOTOS by Kate
1 - JoRae - Classic cable knit hat (+pattern link)
12 - Swedenme - DF’s cross stitch
14 - Jazzy - Kilner jars
16 - JoRae - Roxie “sewing!”
17 - Tygger - Pearl ring
22 - Fan - Yarn stash
27 - Poledra - The Angels Landing trail in Zion NP
27 - Jazzy - Snowy walking
28 - Fan - Sweater piece
33 - Cashmeregma - Turkish coffee set
37 - Fan - Fabrics / Freshened up fence and patio area.
37 - Jazzy - Rug punching
38 - Fan - Cardigan
39 - Tami - Beaded bracelet & train / Local scenery
42 - Flyty1n - Dog appreciation
45 - Fan - John Kaldor fabric
50 - Poledra - Kaye Jo and Mathias

RECIPES
49 - MerinoMeg - Asparagus Soup

· Registered
12,848 Posts
Maybe all tarted up with no place to go, but now you're looking good just for yourself. DH as well. I always feel better about me when I keep things together.
Thanks for the new week. I hope everything went well for Strawberry Sharon and we hear something soon. I think we're all waiting and crossing our fingers that her home life lets her recover in peace.

· Premium Member
19,287 Posts
Thank you for the new week. Kate that’s ,lovely that you’re all spruced up even if nowhere to go it’s still a nice feeling.
‘I’m feeling pretty sore this morning after my efforts with the stash etc over the week. Just popped next door as Suella is there and handed back the key. I certainly have more than enough to be going on with. Spoke to Josie too and her week is very busy so will hold off catching up with her until a good time to offload stuff for mums shop. Mum is feeling a lot better so that’s good news.
A quiet day for me today resting up a bit after all the busy time this week.
A coffee and cookie coming up.

· Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Thank you KateB and Darowil for starting us off again. So glad for the people here. Hoping that Strawberry is icing her shoulder and had a great surgery repairing all the damage.
DS in SD likes her socks. Has requested a pink pair. LYS only had a very pale pink but I got it. I am on the sock ribbing for the local DS socks.
I like the fabric you are going to sew for your new dress, Fan. It is a color that will look really good on you.

· Premium Member
19,287 Posts
Thank you KateB and Darowil for starting us off again. So glad for the people here. Hoping that Strawberry is icing her shoulder and had a great surgery repairing all the damage.
DS in SD likes her socks. Has requested a pink pair. LYS only had a very pale pink but I got it. I am on the sock ribbing for the local DS socks.
I like the fabric you are going to sew for your new dress, Fan. It is a color that will look really good on you.
Thank you I like it too. I suit the jewel colours and anything blue! Today I’m wearing a navy and white pair of palazzo pants and navy tee shirt.
‘It’s cool and comfy in the summer heat we have now.

· Registered
12,848 Posts
Thank you I like it too. I suit the jewel colours and anything blue! Today I’m wearing a navy and white pair of palazzo pants and navy tee shirt.
I'm wearing a flannel shirt 😅 I'd rather be dressing like you but it's still snowing and on its way to being much colder 🥶

· Registered
74,932 Posts

A bright, sunny day here today, but very cold. Got my hair cut and coloured today at my niece’s salon (well not actually owned by her!) so here I am all tarted up with nowhere to go! Here’s to a productive, happy and healthy week for us all.

The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 13th January, 2023

Strawberry was due for her shoulder surgery Thursday - as we haven't heard anything to say otherwise we assume she had it.

Jim (Tami’s friend) came out of ICU Saturday and has started to walk with just a nurse for support. Waiting for rehab.

PHOTOS by Kate
14 - Jazzy - Kilner jars
17 - Tygger - Pearl ring
22 - Fan - Yarn stash
28 - Fan - Sweater piece
38 - Fan - Cardigan

RECIPES
Happy Friday!! Thank you Kate and Margaret, for a new week.
David left this morning, he's headed to North Dakota, when he left the DC.
I picked up this cute little thing this morning, he's getting about ready for a nap, had lunch, so his belly is pretty full.

Attachments

· Premium Member
20,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up this cute little thing this morning, he's getting about ready for a nap, had lunch, so his belly is pretty full.
He really is gorgeous!

· Premium Member
57,019 Posts
Thanks for the new start Kate & Margaret
I missed that Daralenes uncle had passed, condolences to her
KayeJo enjoy your time with Matthias. He’s sure getting big
Kate. It always feels good to get the old grey mare covered up😁even with no place to go
We have spent the day in Saskatoon. DH is in the Mercedes dealer getting something? Oil filter I think
We already did our Costco stop & are meeting DHs cousin & wife for supper before heading home
I didn’t buy much. Sure no bargains to be had. I did get a small casserole dish. DH says I’m making them too big so too many leftovers. Now I can make one & freeze the other 1/2 fir another time
It’s finally sunny today do a good day to come
I got a zipper for the coat i need to fix but it’s a 2 way one & I could only get a heavy metal one in the length I needed. I hope hes happy with that as it’s a plastic/nylon now

· Premium Member
12,783 Posts
He really is gorgeous!
Now I really had a cheeky laugh when I read that you are “all tarted up.” Too bad I’m not living closer and I’d take you out for lunch or supper. I’m picturing this dear ol gal with this bright bright red lipstick and red cheeks, lol! Does this picture work, lol! You could never look like a tart, that’s for sure, I bet you look gorgeous with your new hair do. 😁👍🥰🤣🤣🤣🙄

· Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Once you have your new dress made, we will all expect a photo after all you are one of our favourite models. 🙄😁👍🥰

· Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Thank you for the fresh tea party. I just came on and wrote in last weeks party.
It is still snowing 8". Someone came a short while ago to plow my driveway, expected and contracted for.
I noticed my steps, small deck and wheelchair ramp have also been shoveled. What a blessing! for sure.
Have you contracted someone to plow your driveway?
It’s truly a wonderful feeling when someone else plows one’s driveway, I know that feeling and love it.

· Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Oh, once again what a sweetheart. Looks like another Granny spoiling her grandchild. 🙄🤣😁👍🥰

· Registered
21,181 Posts

PHOTOS by Kate
14 - Jazzy - Kilner jars
17 - Tygger - Pearl ring
22 - Fan - Yarn stash
28 - Fan - Sweater piece
38 - Fan - Cardigan
50 - Poledra - Kaye Jo and Mathias

RECIPES
I love that “ all tarted up”. I will have to throw that one at my hubby. He will get a laugh. I will say I’m all tarted up where ya takin’ me. 😂

· Registered
21,181 Posts
Thank you for the new week. Kate that’s ,lovely that you’re all spruced up even if nowhere to go it’s still a nice feeling.
‘I’m feeling pretty sore this morning after my efforts with the stash etc over the week. Just popped next door as Suella is there and handed back the key. I certainly have more than enough to be going on with. Spoke to Josie too and her week is very busy so will hold off catching up with her until a good time to offload stuff for mums shop. Mum is feeling a lot better so that’s good news.
A quiet day for me today resting up a bit after all the busy time this week.
A coffee and cookie coming up.
Gosh I hope you recover and feel better soon. There you are thinking you are 24 again. 😉 Enjoy the cup of coffee and cookie. I am having a cup of decaf as it is almost 3 in the afternoon and I have a hand full of mixed nuts.

· Registered
74,932 Posts
Thanks for the new start Kate & Margaret
I missed that Daralenes uncle had passed, condolences to her
KayeJo enjoy your time with Matthias. He’s sure getting big
Kate. It always feels good to get the old grey mare covered up😁even with no place to go
We have spent the day in Saskatoon. DH is in the Mercedes dealer getting something? Oil filter I think
We already did our Costco stop & are meeting DHs cousin & wife for supper before heading home
I didn’t buy much. Sure no bargains to be had. I did get a small casserole dish. DH says I’m making them too big so too many leftovers. Now I can make one & freeze the other 1/2 fir another time
It’s finally sunny today do a good day to come
I got a zipper for the coat i need to fix but it’s a 2 way one & I could only get a heavy metal one in the length I needed. I hope hes happy with that as it’s a plastic/nylon now
Yes, I had missed about Daralene's uncle also, deepest condolences to her and her family.
I'd think a heavy metal would be better, probably hold up better than the plastic.
Yes, he's growing, goodness. lol

1 - 20 of 831 Posts
Top Bottom