Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 993 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 20th May, 2022 :knitting1:

Is it me or are the weeks going faster??? Anyway it’s Friday again so here we go ..........

Summary of Friday 13th May, 2022 by Darowil

The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 13th May, 2022

Sorlenna dropped in. Has been busy but with the school year winding down she hopes to find some time to visit us a bit more often. She is going OK currently. TNS also dropped in - her DD is getting married in October.

Jazzy and her husband had been thinking of moving in a couple of years but have now decided on next summer. So lots of sorting out etc ahead of them. And now they are looking at maybe moving even sooner! So right now Sharon is feeling overwhelmed at all they need to do. Visiting an apartment today! 🤞🏻

ja5832453 (aka Sassafras or Joy) has had the flu.

One of Bonnie’s DS’s cows had to be put down and another lost her calf, so they are hoping the other cow will accept the orphaned calf.

PHOTOS by Kate
1 - Darowil - Bronte’s house and countryside
2 - Poledra - Greenhouse / Bird bath
3 - Poledra - Home spun yarn
3 - Kate - Birthday card for Bonnie
7 - Darowil - Bolton Abbey
8 - Poledra - Painted house
9 - Poledra - Drop spindle
10 - Machriste - Minnehaha Falls
13 - Darowil - Bride
16 - Poledra - Garden
23 - Fan - African violet
23 - Bonnie - Chuckwagon Championships (link)

CRAFTS
2 - Kiwifrau - Dolls’ house ideas (link)

OTHERS
12 - JoRae - How to access the most recent KP posts (link)
42 - Bonnie - Breathing into a paper bag for anxiety (link)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Thank you Kate and Margaret for starting us off on another week. I have had a bad week. I have been very ill. I had a UTI I went on Base to get the test and sure enough so David is picking up my antibiotic today. He said he is tired of me being sick all the time well so am I. I'm use to being able to do things but right now I'm so weak and tired I haven't done much of anything and don't care. Enough and sorry. I pray everyone is doing well and will try to check in later. Love and {{{Hugs}}} to you all.

·
Premium Member
11,535 Posts
You’re much younger than I am but for me the weeks sure do seem to pass quickly. Maybe it’s because I’m wanting my Reno to be finished so that I can clean this house from top to bottom, lol! Of course cleaners will be coming in but I know I’ll be cleaning again soon after they have left.

Thank you for another week by the way, love how you two keep use going and behaving, lol!

·
Premium Member
11,535 Posts
Thank you Kate and Margaret for starting us off on another week. I have had a bad week. I have been very ill. I had a UTI I went on Base to get the test and sure enough so David is picking up my antibiotic today. He said he is tired of me being sick all the time well so am I. I'm use to being able to do things but right now I'm so weak and tired I haven't done much of anything and don't care. Enough and sorry. I pray everyone is doing well and will try to check in later. Love and {{{Hugs}}} to you all.
Sorry to hear that you haven’t been well and that your hubby is tired of your being ill, oh dear what can I say! If it would be me I’d bop him one, lol! Of course you wouldn’t have the energy to do that anyway.
Maybe he just wants his wife to be well and happy again, unfortunately as we age sickness takes a lot more out of us and you’ve truly had your fair share. Hopefully you are on the mend and brighter happier days are just around the corner.
Do take care and please remember while you’re not well, please think of yourself 1st, hubby comes 2nd. 🙏🥰👍

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Another large Thank You to you lovely ladies who do the yeomans' work every week. It is getting easier to find things and keep track as the weeks go on for me on here. SO glad so many stuck with it and did not dispair....although the first 2 weeks were pretty tough!
Anyone going to see the Downton Abbey movie which is out in the theatres? I won't be going for sure, will wait for next fall on PBS. Can't wait to see how Maggie Smith's character carries off having inherited a castle in France! Wowzer!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Thank-you for the new start, I'd forgotten it was Friday (again)! I've been helping DH with the fish in the pond, they're mating and keep getting stuck between the edge of the pond and one of the mats of vegetation. Anyway I ended up flicking the fish into clearer water and turning the mat of vegetation thro 90 degrees . Hope that solves the problem otherwise the cats are going to have a field day!

·
Premium Member
38,918 Posts
Many thanks to Margaret and Kate for starting us anew. I agree with Mindy that it is getting easier with everyone's tips nohow to navigate the new site. Bonnie, I had posted a question at the last of last weeks and will repost here; since the calf sucked while the cow was tied up still does that mean she has now accepted it as her own? I sure hope so; you don't need an extra chore for sure!

Waiting to hear how Jazzyknitter's look at the apartment went today. Fingers crossed and prayers. Mindy still praying for DD's interviews. I agree that today interviews are sooooo different than years ago; some things about it good but my oh my such stress and waiting seems greater.

Reactions: angelam and MindyT

·
Premium Member
53,725 Posts
Many thanks to Margaret and Kate for starting us anew. I agree with Mindy that it is getting easier with everyone's tips nohow to navigate the new site. Bonnie, I had posted a question at the last of last weeks and will repost here; since the calf sucked while the cow was tied up still does that mean she has now accepted it as her own? I sure hope so; you don't need an extra chore for sure!

Waiting to hear how Jazzyknitter's look at the apartment went today. Fingers crossed and prayers. Mindy still praying for DD's interviews. I agree that today interviews are sooooo different than years ago; some things about it good but my oh my such stress and waiting seems greater.
Gwen, I posted this on last week, but copied it here.
We are still waiting to see but at least our orphan is getting some milk. We may have to tie the cow up for a few days to let him stuck but at least his belly is full. This morning I stopped to see how things were going & the cow really gave me the “ stink-Eye” so I thought maybe she had decided he was hers & I wasn’t allowed near but maybe just because I’m a stranger to her . He was cuddled down in the straw sleeping but when I went this afternoon to help DH give her an antibiotic shot, the calf seemed very hungry so he sucked while we had her tied to give the shots. It will probably take a few days for them to get used to each other.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Thank you KateB and Margaret for getting us started once again. I surely depend on my sociality with friends here.
Sharon, you need to see a urologist. I am not a doctor, but I am concerned that you actually have interstitial cystitis which could be smoldering even when you no longer seem to test positive for a UTI. It needs to be diagnosed, whatever you really have and you treated. This continual infection is easily one of the major reasons for your continued weakness and lack of energy. I am worried for you. I know how difficult it has been for you to get doctor appointments, but I hope you persist and see a uralogist.
So hoping that that orphan calf is adopted by the foster mother cow. My father used to do that as well if a cow and calf needed each other.. Incredibly, some cows take to a new calf readily, and I am hoping yours does.
Sounds like you have a really cold spring, Fan, but so glad you could have family over. Enjoy.
Very cold here today and windy. It is like we have gone backwards in the season. I am trying to get doors, front and back and garage, ready for painting so stood in the wind and dug out the old foam caulk on the deck door. Took me several hours and by that time I was very ready to leave it for tomorrow. Got some ground beef to make hamburgers on the grill for Sunday dinner. Shall get the buns and potato salad and beans to go with it tomorrow. Seems like time is swirling by faster and faster.

·
Premium Member
53,725 Posts
Kate & Margaret thanks for starting us off again. The weeks sure fly by.
Sharon, so sorry to hear you’ve got a UTI, I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly. I’m sorry your DH is being short with your u, maybe if he’d help out more, or let you have some help, you wouldn’t be sick so much.

·
Premium Member
53,725 Posts
Thank you KateB and Margaret for getting us started once again. I surely depend on my sociality with friends here.
Sharon, you need to see a urologist. I am not a doctor, but I am concerned that you actually have interstitial cystitis which could be smoldering even when you no longer seem to test positive for a UTI. It needs to be diagnosed, whatever you really have and you treated. This continual infection is easily one of the major reasons for your continued weakness and lack of energy. I am worried for you. I know how difficult it has been for you to get doctor appointments, but I hope you persist and see a uralogist.
So hoping that that orphan calf is adopted by the foster mother cow. My father used to do that as well if a cow and calf needed each other.. Incredibly, some cows take to a new calf readily, and I am hoping yours does.
Sounds like you have a really cold spring, Fan, but so glad you could have family over. Enjoy.
Very cold here today and windy. It is like we have gone backwards in the season. I am trying to get doors, front and back and garage, ready for painting so stood in the wind and dug out the old foam caulk on the deck door. Took me several hours and by that time I was very ready to leave it for tomorrow. Got some ground beef to make hamburgers on the grill for Sunday dinner. Shall get the buns and potato salad and beans to go with it tomorrow. Seems like time is swirling by faster and faster.
I think you’re right, we are going back in the season, it’s so cold here today too. Such a nasty wind. I going out after supper to try to wrap up a couple of my cherry trees & cover the stuff in the greenhouse too.. I’m so sick of this crappy weather, we need some heat but the 1.75” was sure welcome. I can’t believe how green everything has gotten in the last 2 days

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Sorry to hear that you haven’t been well and that your hubby is tired of your being ill, oh dear what can I say! If it would be me I’d bop him one, lol! Of course you wouldn’t have the energy to do that anyway.
Maybe he just wants his wife to be well and happy again, unfortunately as we age sickness takes a lot more out of us and you’ve truly had your fair share. Hopefully you are on the mend and brighter happier days are just around the corner.
Do take care and please remember while you’re not well, please think of yourself 1st, hubby comes 2nd. 🙏🥰👍
Thank you and I will do that. I decided I won't feel guilty if I don't clean the bathrooms this week. I did do all the dusting and all the fans on Monday and went down hill from there. i usually push but won't who cares, right?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
flrty1, I have had 3 UTI's in the last 6 months and I agree there is something wrong. I talked to the N.P. and in 10days they want a blood test to see how my kidneys are. I will mention about a Urologist. I have a twisted extended colon, diverticulitis, and other problems so who knows what else. I've had many MRI's CTscans so I hope they can find out. I also told her I have been suffering from extreme fatigue which isn't me. I hope they can find out what is going on with me. Thank you so much for your concern I so appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
Thank you ladies for the new week.
Just heard from Doug, he’s suffering nasty headaches with the covid so not feeling too great, but he is up and doing what he can with the others. Mia is doing ok so that’s good and Cody is well again also.
‘I just started on a high strength vit C to boost immune system and keep well away from them.
Weather is definitely headed for winter it’s quite cool outside and wet with a bit of sun trying to break through the clouds.

Reactions: kiwifrau

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
flrty1, I have had 3 UTI's in the last 6 months and I agree there is something wrong. I talked to the N.P. and in 10days they want a blood test to see how my kidneys are. I will mention about a Urologist. I have a twisted extended colon, diverticulitis, and other problems so who knows what else. I've had many MRI's CTscans so I hope they can find out. I also told her I have been suffering from extreme fatigue which isn't me. I hope they can find out what is going on with me. Thank you so much for your concern I so appreciate it.
You poor soul I really feel for you with all you are suffering. I sure hope you can get some answers as to what is wrong. Hugs across the world. 😀🤗

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Another large Thank You to you lovely ladies who do the yeomans' work every week. It is getting easier to find things and keep track as the weeks go on for me on here. SO glad so many stuck with it and did not dispair....although the first 2 weeks were pretty tough!
Anyone going to see the Downton Abbey movie which is out in the theatres? I won't be going for sure, will wait for next fall on PBS. Can't wait to see how Maggie Smith's character carries off having inherited a castle in France! Wowzer!
Mindy, I didn't hear anything about Downton Abbey. We own the series and watch them once a year. Love it. I too will wait. We don't go to the movies specially now. That sounds very interesting Maggie Smith's character inheriting a castle, I'm excited to see it. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 993 Posts
Top Bottom