Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
481 - 500 of 993 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,593 Posts
You should take a look at some of the videos posted online. I'm so grateful it mostly missed us, now is not the time for a yard trashing storm! My kids still have no power or cell at home.
Having no cell service is a real pain now since so many people don’t have land lines. I hope the power isn’t off for too long, so many won’t have generators to keep their fridge stuff cold

·
Registered
18,747 Posts
Do any of you remember having midnight feasts in childhood?
Pam and I were reminiscing on weekend of things we did together with our other cousin Jean.
when we stayed during holidays we would enlist help from Aunty and make yummy baked and cooked things, during the day then at midnight we would get up and raid the fridge and pantry and take them back to bed and have a feast. They were fun times we spent together in 50s-60s.
If DH and I couldn't get to sleep, we would sometimes get up and I would bake some biscuit rolls with butter and cinnamon sugar rolled up inside and we would feast on those with some hot tea at midnight or 1 in the morning. Those were the good ole days. Now I just hope that I can get back to sleep and rest before it is time to get up. I'm still in my childhood but don't want to get up any more.

·
Premium Member
17,416 Posts
If DH and I couldn't get to sleep, we would sometimes get up and I would bake some biscuit rolls with butter and cinnamon sugar rolled up inside and we would feast on those with some hot tea at midnight or 1 in the morning. Those were the good ole days. Now I just hope that I can get back to sleep and rest before it is time to get up. I'm still in my childhood but don't want to get up any more.
Ooh sounds good to me, great memories. I never left my childhood totally either lol!

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Been chatting to Doug just now and he’s getting better still has a tickley cough but feels not too bad he says. Gave me news there are 2 people interested in my convertible so he’s told them to wait until he’s negative tested and take it from there so hoping we may get it sold soon. Hmm imagine the yarn I could buy with the proceeds lol! $25,000 possibly will just have to see what they offer.
🚙
Hope he quickly recovers and you get your sweet vehicle sold. You surely could get lots of yarn in return.
Polly home and very groggy but doing OK> In at 0800, surgery not until 1300 and home at 1600. She brightened up a bit when DS came for a visit. She always gets excited when DS comes. I think that visit was good for DS as well as for Polly. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. She is still not drinking but had a few bites of chicken. She had IVs so I shall not worry about that until morning. The puff collar is getting in the way of her sniffing in the yard as she is stepping on it when she puts her head down.

·
Premium Member
17,416 Posts
Hope he quickly recovers and you get your sweet vehicle sold. You surely could get lots of yarn in return.
Polly home and very groggy but doing OK> In at 0800, surgery not until 1300 and home at 1600. She brightened up a bit when DS came for a visit. She always gets excited when DS comes. I think that visit was good for DS as well as for Polly. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. She is still not drinking but had a few bites of chicken. She had IVs so I shall not worry about that until morning. The puff collar is getting in the way of her sniffing in the yard as she is stepping on it when she puts her head down.
That’s good news she will be fine, the pets definitely do not like those collars, my cats went through that a couple of times and were not impressed.

·
Registered
18,747 Posts
Not much walking today. . .feel like a failure,but had to get up at 6 to be ready for the VA PA to arrive. Actually 2 VA PAs came to introduce the new one. After, I needed a nap. I watched the History Zoom meeting and then got wound up because one who was researching sent copies of the 1st issue of the local newspaper 1886, 3 pages also repeated in 1941 for celebration. I read one page and then asked David if he would like me to read some to him. He answered in the affirmative so I read the next page to him and then he took a nap.

I had a call from the Neurologist again about David coming for an appointment tomorrow. I checked on Transport (usually need at least 24 hour reservation. The bus company told me to have the Dr office call for the ticket and say it was urgent. Dr office didn't even know the bus existed. I gave them the number to call and told them what to say and they secured a ticket on the bus for both of us tomorrow morning at 8. They will collect us drop us off and come back for $3. Can't beat that. It took initiation from the Dr Office. That was a run around and exhausted me. Next I had to do a few errands and fill the car with gas. I was sure glad it was not empty. $ 4.68.9 a gallon this afternoon. Now I need to get to bed and an early start on tomorrow as I have to have him up, dressed and ready by 8 am, when he usually sleeps to 9 or 10 a.m. I checked with VA and GP about records. I thought that maybe Dr would want to see him for a physical that he hasn't had in 4 years. Medicare dictates 1 every year. Almost no one makes house calls. She takes Tuesday off so will wait to see if he has a follow up or tests and tuck into the tail end of another trip that is not on a Tuesday.. Economize on transporting as he gets motion sick.

Need prayers and good thoughts that they take sorting out his illness seriously and not knock it off to old age.
Getting late as we will need to be up by 5 to get done what needs doing, to catch an 8 am bus. TTYAL

·
Premium Member
38,891 Posts
The dryer finally gave me an error code & it says the primary control unit has failed & I looked up to order the part & it says $400😳there a guy in Meadow Lake who fixes things, I’ll call him in the morning & see what he says. If it’s going to be $400 just for the part, I think we are going shopping BUT with supply chain nonsense, who knows if we can even buy one. I might be very glad I grabbed that old clothes horse that I e been using as a quilt rack.
Bonnie so sorry about the cost of the part for the dryer and hope it can be fixed. If you do have to purchase a new one will cross my fingers that it will not be such a pain with the supply chain issues.
I've been trying to catch up and not commenting. Prayers for Kate's family members with covid; may it be over with quickly. Sonja the two commissioned pieces are more of your lovely talent; gorgeous. Margaret love your yarn and pattern choices. I imagine Polly has had her surgery and praying she did well. Mary your birthday sounds like it was wonderful and Machriste I love hearing about the cabin and lake. If I don't mention someone my apologies. I really should take notes when I don't comment as I read. Yesterday was nice at my oldest DD's house; brunch so we all could see the oldest DGS & his wife. It was so nice seeing all the DGC together. I've attached a picture of the 5 grandkids and their mom. The kids are all standing on the hearth which makes their mom (my oldest) seem super short or them super tall...LOLOL. We got there around 11 a.m. and were home by 1. I wasn't feeling well so went to bed and slept most of the day and still all night (stomach issues and headache). Feel much better today. In picture, L-R : Ellie, Phoebe, Lex, Kaje, Mya; center mom Marcy.
Smile Shoe Photograph Organ Fashion

Attachments

·
Premium Member
53,593 Posts
A bit of excitement here. I was out at letterbox and heard a noise, a man walking by heard it too someone yelling for help so we went over and a lady has fallen and can’t get up, so i called the ambulance but house is locked so waiting for fire brigade to break in. The poor thing so hard, ambulance crew have arrived so I’m home again now.
Thank goodness she yelled loud enough for you to hear & call help.

·
Premium Member
53,593 Posts
It’s a great place. They also have a lot of rock. Big rock, little rock, boulders, slate, colored rock, lavender colored very small rock( very pretty btw) … you name they have it. It was fun looking around. Saw some slate that I thought would work for pavers. I could get pavers for a pathway, but I think the irregular shaped pieces will look better. Then got an education in how to lay them down. All sounds like a lot of work and overwhelming. So went and bought plants instead. I find the prices for those annuals are sure high this year. Well,I guess everything is so why am I surprised?
I’m sure glad I have room to start some plants as they are so expensive.
That rock place sounds amazing, nothing like that here.

·
Premium Member
53,593 Posts
Not much walking today. . .feel like a failure,but had to get up at 6 to be ready for the VA PA to arrive. Actually 2 VA PAs came to introduce the new one. After, I needed a nap. I watched the History Zoom meeting and then got wound up because one who was researching sent copies of the 1st issue of the local newspaper 1886, 3 pages also repeated in 1941 for celebration. I read one page and then asked David if he would like me to read some to him. He answered in the affirmative so I read the next page to him and then he took a nap.

I had a call from the Neurologist again about David coming for an appointment tomorrow. I checked on Transport (usually need at least 24 hour reservation. The bus company told me to have the Dr office call for the ticket and say it was urgent. Dr office didn't even know the bus existed. I gave them the number to call and told them what to say and they secured a ticket on the bus for both of us tomorrow morning at 8. They will collect us drop us off and come back for $3. Can't beat that. It took initiation from the Dr Office. That was a run around and exhausted me. Next I had to do a few errands and fill the car with gas. I was sure glad it was not empty. $ 4.68.9 a gallon this afternoon. Now I need to get to bed and an early start on tomorrow as I have to have him up, dressed and ready by 8 am, when he usually sleeps to 9 or 10 a.m. I checked with VA and GP about records. I thought that maybe Dr would want to see him for a physical that he hasn't had in 4 years. Medicare dictates 1 every year. Almost no one makes house calls. She takes Tuesday off so will wait to see if he has a follow up or tests and tuck into the tail end of another trip that is not on a Tuesday.. Economize on transporting as he gets motion sick.

Need prayers and good thoughts that they take sorting out his illness seriously and not knock it off to old age.
Getting late as we will need to be up by 5 to get done what needs doing, to catch an 8 am bus. TTYAL
It’s a lot of work for you to get your DH for appointments but at least it seems like something is being done now. Hopefully you can get some answers

·
Premium Member
53,593 Posts
Bonnie so sorry about the cost of the part for the dryer and hope it can be fixed. If you do have to purchase a new one will cross my fingers that it will not be such a pain with the supply chain issues.
I've been trying to catch up and not commenting. Prayers for Kate's family members with covid; may it be over with quickly. Sonja the two commissioned pieces are more of your lovely talent; gorgeous. Margaret love your yarn and pattern choices. I imagine Polly has had her surgery and praying she did well. Mary your birthday sounds like it was wonderful and Machriste I love hearing about the cabin and lake. If I don't mention someone my apologies. I really should take notes when I don't comment as I read. Yesterday was nice at my oldest DD's house; brunch so we all could see the oldest DGS & his wife. It was so nice seeing all the DGC together. I've attached a picture of the 5 grandkids and their mom. The kids are all standing on the hearth which makes their mom (my oldest) seem super short or them super tall...LOLOL. We got there around 11 a.m. and were home by 1. I wasn't feeling well so went to bed and slept most of the day and still all night (stomach issues and headache). Feel much better today. In picture, L-R : Ellie, Phoebe, Lex, Kaje, Mya; center mom Marcy.
View attachment 1235240
What a good looking bunch, Marcy sure doesn’t look old enough to have such grown up kids.
I hope your stomach bug is gone soon.

·
Registered
72,253 Posts
Hi all, just sitting down to a late dinner. We went to Scottsbluff to pick up the camp stove that I'd ordered on Friday, for pick up today, stupid Walmart site, defaults to the day that you made the order, and then after getting a call yesterday, and telling them that I'd pick it up this afternoon because we live in Torrington, they canceled it this morning, so we made that 60 mile trip for nothing. Then we headed straight along to Chugwater to pick up that order, and the truck was right on time, just a few minutes after David and I got there, we stopped at the soda fountain in Chugwater on our way through to the pick up, and had a treat, it's the oldest consistently in operation, ice cream shop in Wyoming, founded in 1914.
We took a different route home, that Google maps sent us on, but it was a nice surprise, we found some lovely landscape, but even lovelier wildflowers, which I'll post photos of, from my phone, and maybe somebody knows what they are, we think one is a Penstemon of some sort, and one a Lupin, but...?
I made a spice cake when we got home at about 6pm, then put the beef stew on to cook, I just cut everything small so that it only took about half an hour to cook, after I browned the meat.
Now to catch up with you all.
Sonja, let me know if you do do (I said doodoo 🤣) I know, juvenile humor, lol, anyway, if you do a KAL on that, please let me know.
Liz, wow, that's awful, tornados can do so much damage.
I know there was something else, oh well, it will come to me eventually.

·
Premium Member
53,593 Posts
Well, I’m pooped, I worked outside all day
I got all my pots planted, my planter on the south side of the house & the other beds tilled ready to plant tomorrow.
The pot of hostas I was given for my birthday always seem to look dry no mater how much I watered. I pulled them out of the pot, what a pot bound mess, I had to use a butcher knife to cut the 3 plants apart. I had to dig half way to China to have holes deep enough for all the roots. They were in a really tall pot & when I pulled it out, I discovered there was a huge stack of square plastic pots taking up at least half the space in the pot😳no wonder I couldn’t get the darn things watered. I hope they survive in the ground.
DH cut the grass yesterday, he wanted GS to do it but he was busy so I did the trimming this evening.
Joyce, I’m glad Polly did well with the surgery, I’m sure she will be her busy self soon.
Kate & Fran, I hope your family members are over Covid soon with no after effect.

·
Registered
72,253 Posts
What a good idea! Will remember that. Think it would be fun for an outside play time too. Fortunately, repairman came this morning----a capacitor (?) had gone bad and he had one on his truck. So we have AC again! Today is much cooler, but by the end of the week it will get warmer and DD and family will be here, so thank goodness we will have cooling if needed. The repairman was telling us that they don't have all parts in stock (supply line issues) so we were lucky today.
I'm so glad that it was able to be fixed so quickly, that's great.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Bonnie, highway robbery re part. Hope it gets sorted quickly.
Fan, poor neighbor. Good thing she had the strength to yell loudly to attract attention. Looks like a job for that thing you push to get emergency help a.s.a.p.
Gwen, what a bunch of characters. They all look so happy.
Can't be her kids; she looks young enough to be one of them.
Sorry you are unwell. Take care. Some of your own peppermint tea perhaps?

·
Registered
54,402 Posts
Glad to hear little Polly is home again , hopefully she will start drinking today and will be back to her normal self soon

·
Registered
54,402 Posts
They’re both lovely Sonja. A fast read this morning. Need to get another cup of coffee and see if that wakes me up. I’m having a grandson come today to help me in the yard. No school today and half days both Tuesday and Wednesday and clean up for a couple of hours on Thursday and they’re out for the summer. Kids are very excited, naturally. I remember the feeling well! I’m wondering if son will stop in today. Hoping so….but not counting on it. He’s still very busy at work and a 101 other projects on the go. I’m trying to decide what type of stepping stones to get for my one area….I’m afraid if they’re too small they won’t stay put in the river rock. Thought to get some slate ones, but they might just be too expensive. Need to get over to one of the dealers and find out cost…. not sure what this place would be called, they have a lot of left over construction materials and tons of odds and ends….my neighbors drags stuff home from there all the time. She’s the one who dug up her hill by hand…turns out she didn’t do some of it correctly and things are starting to slide down. Not sure what she’s going to do about it. She has a lot of stuff up there.… better get moving. Talk later.
Thank you Maatje
That place sounds like what we would call a reclamation yard , they are amazing places

481 - 500 of 993 Posts
Top Bottom