Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
781 - 800 of 993 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,475 Posts
Delivery of small meals has arrived and some nice selections to eat. I never know what they will be and these ones look great.
‘Whew Mindy that’s terribly 🥵 hot you poor thing wish I could send some cool Antarctic breeze for you. 💨❄
Busy time Jazzyknitter but sounds like progress is moving along for you, so satisfying to get rid of unwanted stuff!
oh dear Bonnie your pets and dh sure keep you busy with their messes.

·
Registered
72,389 Posts
Well, I have the kitchen cleaned up, all I need to do is to scrub the oven, and do the floors, but I think I'll go get all the laundry put away first, then do that. It's amazing how when you start working on a room, every time you think you're done, you find something else that needs scrubbing, thrown out, or just taken to it's proper place, which is definitely not the kitchen. lol
Well finally eating dinner at 7:30p, the floors aren't done, and neither are the oven or the laundry putting away. lol
I fell asleep in my chair for a bit, then took a shower, and got David's bluebonnets planted, and also a bunch of snow in summer. All the plants have been watered, and the greenhouse thingy closed up, we're supposed to get to 39f tonight. :oops:
Now to catch up.

·
Premium Member
11,527 Posts
I'm headed to Dollar Tree and maybe a stop at Lowe's and look at plants. Will try to pop back in later; I hate when I get so behind as I've done a lot of lately. Ta-Ta & TTYL
I stopped at Dollarama just to buy 2 packets of tent pegs, yikes I came out with 4 huge bags of stuff, lol! I need the tent holders to keep a couple of my birds from flying off, lol! 🙄🙄😁. Statues……🙄
They had little plastic containers of pre-seeded basil, parsley, strawberries, forget what the last container has in it. Anyway they were only a couple of bucks each, thought I’d give them a try. The parsley I bought was destroyed when the glass top fell on it and I love my parsley. I’ll still buy another container of parsley as who knows if it’s already to late to start from seeds. I’m just experimenting and will have fun Doing this anyway. 😁😁👍

·
Premium Member
11,527 Posts
He does have good teeth, takes after his dad not me. DH’s dad had very strong teeth too and still had all his own teeth when he was in his 70’s (very unusual for his generation, in fact a common 21st birthday present then was to have all your teeth removed!) - I think I said before that after he had his stroke the district nurse was puzzled as to why she couldn’t remove his dentures, although she did try! Poor man couldn’t speak, but he did roar!
I bet he did roar, lol! I still have my teeth, even a baby tooth, lol! Thats what keeps me so young! 🙄🙄👍
Actually I’d prefer to have false teeth, at least then they would be white. I never smile when having a photo taken for that very reason, but I’m too chicken to go and have them all,pulled, lol!

·
Registered
72,389 Posts
oh dear, that is waaay too hot. we didn’t quite reach 70* but still very pleasant outside. I worked out for a little bit and then the rain started. Stopped this afternoon so planted a lavender bush, sowed some seeds, cut all the dead wood out of the elderberry and a few branches which hanging over the driveway. Having an early dinner and then to go see Downton abbey. Be interesting to see what it’s like. Only $10. To get in so not too bad. Just hope I’m not disappointed. Cannot tell you the last time I set foot in a movie theatre. I wasn’t a crazy fan of the series, but since some of the widows group is going figured I should be a sport and go along. Would prefer to stay home though, if truth be told.
We hit 73 or so today, it was lovely.
I'd love an elderberry, but no place to put one.
I understand preferring to stay home, but you'll have a lovely time with the others, even if the movie isn't quite your taste, I'm sure.

·
Registered
72,389 Posts
I bet he did roar, lol! I still have my teeth, even a baby tooth, lol! Thats what keeps me so young! 🙄🙄👍
Actually I’d prefer to have false teeth, at least then they would be white. I never smile when having a photo taken for that very reason, but I’m too chicken to go and have them all,pulled, lol!
Just have them whitened? or if whitening won't work for some reason, you can just have them do veneers on them.

·
Registered
72,389 Posts
After I decided I was done working outside I decided the house needed vacuuming, I’d just done that when we got a little rain shower & DS arrived home with the dryer, Not sure how Kimber managed to get out & in but while I was scrubbing out the area after the old was out & before the new goes in,, she found a bunch of mud & trashed my kitchen😩 sometimes it feels like a never ending battle
Oh my goodness! Bad Kimber, but what can you do, it is a never ending battle, at my house too.

·
Premium Member
11,527 Posts
Had my nails done this afternoon, unfortunately I have very thin weak nails which are constantly splitting, grrrrr!
My left thumb nail was split nearly 1/2 way down my nail, the woman had to glue it and then she put some powder onto it, probably to help it from splitting.
I went around the corner from the nail salon, as there’s a health food store in there. The man who owns the store is a registered nutritionist, I think that’s what he said. Anyway he was telling me what I needed so I will give the tablets a shot to see if my nails improve. Of course we were talking for quite awhile, I told him how lazy I’d become since COVID started and I’ve added a few extra pounds around my middle. 😳😳🙄🙄. He then showed me a couple of exercises to do which I will start doing in the morning. I was surprised I could nearly touch my toes when I bent over, nor was I the least bit dizzy. Ha, I was quite proud of myself and laughed out loud as I was surprised. Told him I’m pushing 80 (well in another 5 months) he thought I was about 65, LOL! Then I really laughed it loud…. What a lovely compliment though. 😁😁🥰👍

Now I’m wondering if it would be a good idea to talk to him about dietary options. I don’t mean to diet I mean, now I don’t know how to express myself. 🙄 Anyway, I need to be very careful not to gain to much weight, as some of the fat goes around my heart and that’s not good for my health.

·
Premium Member
11,527 Posts
Just have them whitened? or if whitening won't work for some reason, you can just have them do veneers on them.
I need to talk to a dentist about those choices. The one dentist I went to last year was a total waste of my time, except the cleaning was worth the money I guess.
There is a dentist opening soon in our little plaza, I’m waiting for them to open. The next time I’m in the Mall I’ll stop and see if there’s a phone number where I could contact them. Hmmmm, why didn’t I think of that today when I was there…..🙄😁👍

·
Registered
24,140 Posts
I’ll try to upload my new hair Color. 😳😉. Possibly one that I took in the car before going into the salon. 🙄
I’m very happy with the Color, except it’s to short but he’s going to Italy at the end of June and won’t be back until Sep 4th. Plus the salon he’s working in has just been informed the whole plaza is to be torn down and all new stores will be built there. I have a feeling condo apartments will go on the upper floors but I maybe wrong. He’s going to find another salon hopefully before he goes to Italy. I have his cell and he has mine and I’m to phone him after Sept 4th. By that time I’ll probably need a trim and Color again. 🙄🥰👍

View attachment 1235344 View attachment 1235345
Your hair looks great, very nice. And you look lovely yourself too. 😊

·
Registered
24,140 Posts
Okay, well, we went by the local nursery and Britney is awesome, she named all the flowers, the first pinky/purple one is a Lady Bonnet (lupin)
The second blue one is a Penstemon
The dark yellow is a Wallflower
Oh no! I hope it's an easy fix, and no more leaks or eruptions occurs.
the pale yellow one is Locoweed, so we will not be planting that. lol
Oh wow, I would not have picked the blue as a Penstemon. Gorgeous all of them. 🌼

·
Registered
24,140 Posts
Well, I got a call from Traci, asking me a couple questions, and it's been determined that Mathias is teething, the little bugger. I was hoping he'd wait to get his teeth until much later, so that they'd probably be much hardier, but it is what it is, he's taking after granny. They're bringing him to me Friday evening, and picking him up Sunday afternoon, should be fun, teething and all... lol, nothing like just jumping into it. 🤣
Wow that does early for teething... lol. Good luck, gosh Friday till Sunday... you will have fun I am sure.

·
Registered
54,437 Posts
Oh yes, it must have been child abuse or neglect, but I guess I was happy as a lark, eating what daddy was eating. 😆
Well, I have the kitchen cleaned up, all I need to do is to scrub the oven, and do the floors, but I think I'll go get all the laundry put away first, then do that. It's amazing how when you start working on a room, every time you think you're done, you find something else that needs scrubbing, thrown out, or just taken to it's proper place, which is definitely not the kitchen. lol
I found that out this week too, I decided to clear out some of my stuff that were in the spare room , if not used in a year clear out right , well I put stuff on my bed and on sons to sort through , ended up having to clean sons room , then mine then the spare but I did clear a lot of stuff out

·
Registered
54,437 Posts
Well, it's 98 here now at just before 4 .p.m. I am miserable! LOL
Hiding out until after dark.
TTYL
That is way to hot for anytime but especially as its still springtime , here it's gone the opposite turned cooler and looks very grey out there , blustery think it's going to be a Mary Poppins kind of day

·
Registered
54,437 Posts
I have Plant Snap
I tried plant snap but when I installed it they then wanted monthly payments so cancelled and went for leafsnap which is basically the same but free, just take a picture of the plant and it tells you what it is along with some info about the plant

·
Registered
54,437 Posts
oh dear, that is waaay too hot. we didn’t quite reach 70* but still very pleasant outside. I worked out for a little bit and then the rain started. Stopped this afternoon so planted a lavender bush, sowed some seeds, cut all the dead wood out of the elderberry and a few branches which hanging over the driveway. Having an early dinner and then to go see Downton abbey. Be interesting to see what it’s like. Only $10. To get in so not too bad. Just hope I’m not disappointed. Cannot tell you the last time I set foot in a movie theatre. I wasn’t a crazy fan of the series, but since some of the widows group is going figured I should be a sport and go along. Would prefer to stay home though, if truth be told.
I know what you mean about preferring to stay home , that's me too, but sometimes you just have to force yourself to get out and about , I find it's surprising how many times I enjoy myself and think I'm glad decided to go, hope you enjoyed the movie

·
Registered
54,437 Posts
Groan, just shoot me now 😮‍💨 I'm pooped and I have no idea what y'all have been up to here. The outside of the house has been completely scrubbed, bags and bags of stuff have been collected either for trash or thrift shop, more stuff hauled to the end of the driveway for anyone who wants it, and it's the garden's turn starting tomorrow. Thursday of next week is the target listing date and we're going to be heading to visit DS#2 for four days. I can hardly wait. Maybe then the chipmunk that runs around in my head in the middle of the night will leave me alone.
My day is done and I'm hitting the showers. Night all.😴
Just keep thinking a few more weeks and it will all be behind you , hope you are sleeping still and wake up raring to get at it again

·
Registered
24,140 Posts
It’s Caitlin’s 7th birthday on Friday, but she had her party (for her whole class! 😱😂) last Sunday. They had a magician who went down a storm and Caitlin was delighted with her cake which she decorated - I think she threw everything she could at it! View attachment 1235511

Caitlin, DIL Susan & Nieve
Woo hoo... Happy Birthday Caitlin! Wow 7 years old. Love the cake and I bet that party was wonderful.
🎂🎀

781 - 800 of 993 Posts
Top Bottom