Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1052 Posts

· Premium Member
20,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 2nd December, 2022 :knitting1:

First Knitting Tea Party for December and off we go......

Summary of Friday 25th November, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 25th November, 2022

Machristie is finally starting to feel better.

Kiwi’s niece’s breast biopsy was negative for cancer.

Darowil’s DGD broke her wrist at school - a simple break which is having minimal impact on her - and certainly didn’t stop her 7th birthday party!

Sassafras has been worrying about her licence renewal and it all went smoothly.

Fan had been taken off the Fosamax due to the side effects - major gut issues.

Christmas cards are arriving at most of our houses from around the world. Fun seeing the cards (or eagerly anticipating opening them in many cases).

PHOTOS by Kate
5 - Swedenme - The A team in splash suits
7 - Swedenme - Garden flowers
14 - Kate - Birthday cards for Daralene & Lynnette
16 - Kiwifrau - Birthday video for Daralene
18 - Fan - Stu
19 - Jazzy - Completed afghan
23 - Darowil - Village of Port Isaac, UK
26 - Poledra - Snow
30 - Darowil - Village of Cadgwith, UK
35 - JoRae - Festive door decoration
39 - Poledra - Yarn
44 - Fan - Hydrangea

CRAFTS
38 - Cashmergma - Knitting with nylon stockings (link)

RECIPES
4 - Tami - Peach chicken

· Premium Member
19,334 Posts
Many thanks ladies for the new week as we countdown to Christmas.
‘Well I did it, I now have a gorgeous diamond ring thanks to Santa. Here’s the store photo of it.
A little big for my middle finger so will get it sized after Christmas but am wearing it and put a piece of sticking plaster on the back so I don’t lose it.
Body jewelry Natural material Pre-engagement ring Amber Wedding ceremony supply

· Registered
31,924 Posts
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 2nd December, 2022 :knitting1:

First Knitting Tea Party for December and off we go......

Summary of Friday 25th November, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 25th November, 2022

Machristie is finally starting to feel better.

Kiwi’s niece’s breast biopsy was negative for cancer.

Darowil’s DGD broke her wrist at school - a simple break which is having minimal impact on her - and certainly didn’t stop her 7th birthday party!

Sassafras has been worrying about her licence renewal and it all went smoothly.

Fan had been taken off the Fosamax due to the side effects - major gut issues.

Christmas cards are arriving at most of our houses from around the world. Fun seeing the cards (or eagerly anticipating opening them in many cases).

PHOTOS by Kate
5 - Swedenme - The A team in splash suits
7 - Swedenme - Garden flowers
14 - Kate - Birthday cards for Daralene & Lynnette
16 - Kiwifrau - Birthday video for Daralene
18 - Fan - Stu
19 - Jazzy - Completed afghan
23 - Darowil - Village of Port Isaac, UK
26 - Poledra - Snow
30 - Darowil - Village of Cadgwith, UK
35 - JoRae - Festive door decoration
39 - Poledra - Yarn
44 - Fan - Hydrangea

CRAFTS
38 - Cashmergma - Knitting with nylon stockings (link)

RECIPES
4 - Tami - Peach chicken
Thanks again for the start of a new week. Surprise, surprise, I did manage to read all of last week's and hope that I can keep up this week.

· Registered
31,924 Posts
‘Well I did it, I now have a gorgeous diamond ring thanks to Santa. Here’s the store photo of it.
A little big for my middle finger so will get it sized after Christmas but am wearing it and put a piece of sticking plaster on the back so I don’t lose it. View attachment 1269485
That's a gorgeous ring Fran, I'm glad you gave yourself an early Christmas gift; you deserve to spoil yourself.

· Registered
31,924 Posts
A little big for my middle finger so will get it sized after Christmas but am wearing it and put a piece of sticking plaster on the back so I don’t lose it. View attachment 1269485
How did you manage to get such a good photo? I've been trying to take photos of some rings that I want to sell but I'm not having much luck.

· Premium Member
19,334 Posts
That's a gorgeous ring Fran, I'm glad you gave yourself an early Christmas gift; you deserve to spoil yourself.
Thank you, I thought long and hard about it, and I finally weakened and went for it.
‘We only live once in this life so why not enjoy it whilst we can afford to do so.
I discussed it with Doug and he said do whatever makes you happy and he’s right, so I did.

· Premium Member
19,334 Posts
How did you manage to get such a good photo? I've been trying to take photos of some rings that I want to sell but I'm not having much luck.
It’s the one I saw online from the store advertising.

· Registered
27,645 Posts
Now that is what I call a gorgeous ring for a gorgeous lady. 👏
Santa knows when you've been good. 🎅💍😋

· Registered
21,291 Posts
Gorgeous.

· Premium Member
20,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful ring!

· Registered
21,291 Posts
Thank you ladies for the new start. The weeks do seem to go by fast. I have my gifts wrapped and cards mailed. Now a bit of baking and fudge making in the next weeks. My daughter’s friend wants me to teach her to make fudge so she can make it when I no longer can. Sweet. We will do that in the next week or so.

· Premium Member
12,817 Posts
Stunning Fan, you certainly deserve beautiful rings, enjoy them all. 😁👍🥰

· Registered
12,926 Posts
That is stunning! Good for you (and Santa) for treating yourself to something you know you're going to love.💕 As the old L'Oreal tag line used to say -- you're worth it.

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Thank you ladies as always. That’s a beautiful ring Fan.
We went for our knitting group Christmas meal today. The lady going for surgery was able to come. She’s to go into hospital on the 16 th so prayers for her please.
The meal was ok. Nothing special but one lady found several things to moan about, there’s always one. Any way next time it’s someone else’s turn to do the arranging.
I’ve done 3 loads of laundry since I came home so I’m ready for catch up some tv and then sleep. All take care.

· Registered
12,926 Posts
Thank you ladies as always. That’s a beautiful ring Fan.
We went for our knitting group Christmas meal today. The lady going for surgery was able to come. She’s to go into hospital on the 16 th so prayers for her please.
The meal was ok. Nothing special but one lady found several things to moan about, there’s always one. Any way next time it’s someone else’s turn to do the arranging.
I’ve done 3 loads of laundry since I came home so I’m ready for catch up some tv and then sleep. All take care.
I hope the company made up for the lacklustre meal. Absolutely sending good thoughts and wishes for your friend's surgery. Hope she can be home for Christmas.

· Premium Member
57,124 Posts
Wow! Fancy

1 - 20 of 1052 Posts
Top Bottom