Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 1436 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 30th October, 2020

Well last week I got it wrong and my usual time (10pm) is your 6pm not 4pm as I thought last week, so I decided to keep to the norm! Anyway I am boring myself now so let's be glad I won't have this problem fir another 6 months!

Summary of 23rd October,2020 by Darowil

The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer back to last weeks tea party https://www.knittingparadise.com/t-683975-1.html

Tami has finally been able to tell us that they have bought a 'new' motor home. While a couple of years older than the last one it is a lot more up-market including being bigger - she is excited at being able to bring more of her craft work with her.

VA has approved and is ordering an electric wheelchair with power assist for Pearl Girl's DH - should be 6-12 weeks before it is ready. And the ramp should be ready in about 4 weeks.

Mindy again faced a long period without power due to strong winds and potential fires in her area. 2 days without power but no fires in her area which is great. Others have since been on the edges of a hurricane but no reported problems for our members.

The insurance payout for the convertor stolen from Sharon's car a couple of weeks ago was only $500 for a $6,800 replacement - they only paid out the minimum on a poor quality convertor.

Maatje's father is continuing to improve - now comes time to make decisions as to what the longer term will look like for him.

A number of us feeling very down for various reasons - known and unknown.

PHOTOS
3 - Kate - Birthday card for Pacer
3 - Swedenme - Vera's jeep
4 - Kiwifrau - Birthday card for Pacer
7 - Poledra - Socks
8 - Fan - Pinafore
9 - Bonnie - DGD with her barn boards
10 - Fan - Female blackbird
19 - Tami - New RV
23 - Fan - 4th July rose
25 - Fan - Roads
28 - Darowil - Yarn
44 - Fan - Ariel and her ocean friends dress
57 - Swedenme - Cardigans
59 - Darowil - Socks
61 - Gottastch - Fleegle Heel
61 - Kate - Hallowe'en costumes

CRAFTS
5 - Bonnie - Gia fingerless gloves (link)
16 - Poledra - 'Fight like a girl' sock pattern (link)
17 - Rookie - Double thick crochet pot holder (link)
54 - Bonnie - Holiday pop-up card (link)

RECIPES
21 - Bonnie - Fabulous Fruit cake (link)
54 - Bonnie - Banana carrot bread (link)

OTHERS
62 - Kiwifrau - Weighted blanket (link)

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
Thank you so much for starting the new week and especially for the summaries and places to look for items in the past week. This is very much appreciated.
We have had hard frost, now cold in the mornings but up to 68F this afternoon.
I think you will enjoy having little Mayo overnight for several days. I bet she will take to you and not be a problem. Of course you will have to continue with the training and show her where she is to use your yard for a bathroom.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Thank you ladies, another week to enjoy everyone’s input.
Well I have taken the latest knitted things to the store, it is a lot bigger than nearby one, and the ladies there were enthusiastic over my items.
Kathy who now works there, told me that many of my things have been posted away to UK and other places for family as they can’t travel,
so that was very heartwarming seeing it is summer here and knitted things may not sell so well. But she assured me that they will no matter what as they are so cute.

·
Premium Member
38,663 Posts
Well what do you know...I made it onto the first page. Thank you ladies for getting the new KTP week started. I've almost finished organizing the new shelving in my shelving unit. Still need 8 more pieces of wood cut but it is coming together nicely. I hope DH will cut the 8 more boards first thing tomorrow so I can finish it up. I've made arrangements for 3 ladies in my knitting group to come by Monday and take their choices from my yarn sash. I told them about giving it away and they asked if they could come first. One of them said that she'd come after the first two do and wants to pay me for what is left to be given away. I told her not to worry about it but she insists so we came to an agreement on an amount and what she doesn't want I go the route of the Buy Nothing program. (talked about it on the previous KTP). I like having a date set as it motivates me to pull what I absolutely want to keep. I know I'll still have plenty of yarn left. It feels good knowing I'm moving forward again in my purging.

·
Registered
38,972 Posts
Fan said:
Thank you ladies, another week to enjoy everyone's input.
Well I have taken the latest knitted things to the store, it is a lot bigger than nearby one, and the ladies there were enthusiastic over my items.
Kathy who now works there, told me that many of my things have been posted away to UK and other places for family as they can't travel,
so that was very heartwarming seeing it is summer here and knitted things may not sell so well. But she assured me that they will no matter what as they are so cute.
That's wonderful!

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
tami_ohio said:
That's wonderful!
It sure is, so pleased to hear that. Have just made lemon curd and licked the bowl yum!
Love this recipe so quick and easy in microwave. Will take a jar to Doug on Monday with a pack of crumpets, mmm hot buttered crumpets smothered in lemon curd, what's not to like! Doug will be by himself next week as the new father to be is having the week off.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Fan said:
Thank you ladies, another week to enjoy everyone's input.
Kathy who now works there, told me that many of my things have been posted away to UK and other places for family as they can't travel,
Maybe you could start knitting some with cotton, just a thought!

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
kiwifrau said:
Maybe you could start knitting some with cotton, just a thought!
Hmm yes a very good thought thank you. I have never made anything in cotton, never too late to try new things.
By the way my gorgeous purple speckled petunia is in bloom, oooh I love it. 👍
Not many flowers out yet but plenty of buds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Fan said:
Hmm yes a very good thought thank you. I have never made anything in cotton, never too late to try new things.
By the way my gorgeous purple speckled petunia is in bloom, oooh I love it. 👍
Not many flowers out yet but plenty of buds.
Wow it just seems like a day or so ago you just planted the seeds.
These are my favourites in the petunias but I've missed out too n them these past 2 years, hopefully next Spring I'll be at the nursery on the day they bring them into their shop, lol!
Enjoy them they're beautiful. ????

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Never did finish up last week’s. Thank you Margaret and Kate for getting us together for another week. I am in Mpls. again for the weekend. My job is to hang out with DGS while DD and DSIL work on house. I am so grateful for their willingness to do this and for their expertise. We drove down yesterday afternoon and had pizza in my housemate DD’s living room. I got to see my newly painted living room and dining room (love the color—very light beige) and the new ceiling fixtures. Will try to get some pics some time. DD had a very demanding work week and didn’t have as much time to devote to unpacking. She has boxes piled to the ceiling in her dining room. Moving is such fun. Not!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Here’s a photo or 2 of the progress with the hardwood flooring. Yikes it’s sure dusty but tomorrow’s another day and I’ll do a quick vacuum to keep the dust down a little bit.
They we return Monday to finish.
Front door I’ll replace in the Spring as I’d like something a little more modern. ????????????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
machriste said:
Never did finish up last week's. Thank you Margaret and Kate for getting us together for another week. I am in Mpls. again for the weekend. My job is to hang out with DGS while DD and DSIL work on house. I am so grateful for their willingness to do this and for their expertise. We drove down yesterday afternoon and had pizza in my housemate DD's living room. I got to see my newly painted living room and dining room (love the color-very light beige) and the new ceiling fixtures. Will try to get some pics some time. DD had a very demanding work week and didn't have as much time to devote to unpacking. She has boxes piled to the ceiling in her dining room. Moving is such fun. Not!!!!!!
Looking forward to photo's and glad you're family are helping. Moving or renovating is fun, ha, ha!

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Thank you once again ladies for the summary and beginning a new week. The summary was so good for me as I got stuck about page 30, after being off for more than 48 hours with the electric out, and I never could catch up.
Gwen great news about the yarn and thanks for mentioning that Buy Nothing project. I want to look it up and see if I can purge some clothes. I wanted to do consignment for the good stuff I used to wear in San Francisco to work but consignment stores have gone the way of so many other things now here.
Maatje, good your Dad is better but I guess it doesn't lessen the sadness and worry about what is next.
Found a new channel : T.V. Time. Old movies and t.v. shows and all FREE. Maybe it is because we have ROKU and not cable, but see if you can find it.
Watching the Queen's Gambit. LOVE this series. She is captivating and I never thought a series about Chess could hook me. I bearly can play checkers!! But, it is so well done, well acted, production values are stunning and just overall enjoyable. Thanks, Gwen for saying you binged it!
Off for making some dinner and soon will be Wine Time. TTYL

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Fan said:
It sure is, so pleased to hear that. Have just made lemon curd and licked the bowl yum!
Love this recipe so quick and easy in microwave. Will take a jar to Doug on Monday with a pack of crumpets, mmm hot buttered crumpets smothered in lemon curd, what's not to like! Doug will be by himself next week as the new father to be is having the week off.
Hmmmm lemon curd

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Super photos Lynette progress is definitely happening for you.
Re the petunia, I bought it as a small plant and with this warm weather it has really taken off.

1 - 20 of 1436 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom