Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 978 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 5th May, 2022
Off we go for another new week and this system is still driving me bananas! Has taken me the best part of half an hour to get this posted - spacing and text size all decided to change, then it doubled itself and I had two of everything! Hopefully it’ll be easier next week. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Summary of Friday 29th April, 2022 by Darowil
The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer to last week’s Tea Party Knitting Tea Party, Friday 29th April, 2022

Cashmeregma’s DH retired during the week. She was unable to attend any of his final events as just not well enough - which was just as well as since then Bill has been notified that a number of the band have tested positive for Covid! So they have started his retirement by living separately! Lab results around the same time showed her white cell count was down - which she wasn’t surprised about as she had been a lot more drained recently.

Maatje has developed a cough - having an x-ray done to check things out. She will also get her hands checked as they are getting very stiff and uncomfortable.

Poledra has had some spots removed one of which has been sent for testing. David has injured his ankle but it isn’t holding him back much - they still got away for the planned short break and David did plenty of fishing. And Tilly has decided to channel Gwen’s dog Gracie and eat food off the bench.

PHOTOS by Kate
8 - Darowil - Medieval house
17 - Bonnie - Deer
19 - Poledra - South Dakota holiday pics
21 - Kate - Blossom on the pond
25 - Alibee - Socks
25 - Poledra - South Dakota holiday pics
26 - Poledra - South Dakota holiday pics
33 - Cashmeregma - Blossoming trees
33 - Flyty1n - Rain clouds on the mountains
37 - Tami - The Kruger Brothers (video)
42 - Tami - Socks
43 - Tami - How to choose & cut up a pineapple (video)
49 - Bonnie - Metal solar lilies

RECIPES
26 - Tami - Skunk smell remover

OTHERS
19 - Kiwifrau - Pros & cons of induction hobs (link)
22 - Kiwifrau - Castor oil (link)
40 - Poledra - How to pick a pineapple (link)
42 - ChrisEl - Tragic loss of flamingos at Smithsonian Zoo (link)
46 - Kiwifrau - Northern Ontario black fly season (link)
48 - Bonnie - Orach (link)

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
Kate, thanks for hanging in there to figure out how to get us to a new tea table every week, and Margaret, thanks for producing the summary even when you're travelling. You both are champs 💕

I'm starting to put some stuff back in the cabinets, giving some treasures to friends and putting some aside for the thrift shop. We're going to be away for the community yard sale so some things will be around till next year. Don't tell me to do my own because I hate yard sales at the best of times 😅 DH is installing the old flooring in the basement and all I hear right now is a string of "gosh darn its" and muttering 🤣

Sharon, the lack of courtesy and professionalism in the doctor's office is unfortunately how attitudes are now, although there is no excuse for it. I hope your latest doctor works out for you and you can start getting some effective care. Hugs for you and Daniel, fingers crossed that goes well.

Daralene, I'm sorry your DH's retirement was impacted by exposure to COVID, but you both need to be safe. I hope your WBC issue is just a blip and you start to get stronger again, you have such a positive attitude.

Off to make dinner. I hope to do a better job this week of keeping caught up with you all.

·
Registered
52,701 Posts
I’m not sure whether it’s this new system / me / not compatible with my iPad / gremlins / bit of all of them .....who knows???
I've often been on the iPad and not had any more issues than on the laptop. I think my main problems (other than working how to operate the system) are to do with the internet- which is being fairly co-operative tonight. See how next week goes as in a new palce hte internet may be more reliable. Last week once I got it was OK.

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Thank you once again for tipping the boat out in the water for us to sail into next week. Don't know how you both do it especially when traveling and with the new format, it is a wonder!
Good health to everyone and Happy Mothers Day one and all. I'll be on the road back and forth to Sacramento, so will miss out until Sunday night. Ah well, seeing DD is worth anything!
TTYL

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Kate & Margaret, thank you for summaries & starting our week.
Walked 25 minutes with Toby & Ely running loose as we were on open desert. They were so good. Stopped to feed carrots to horses.

·
Premium Member
38,694 Posts
I’m not sure whether it’s this new system / me / not compatible with my iPad / gremlins / bit of all of them .....who knows???
Well whatever it is you are a champion indeed getting us going and also a big thanks to Margaret keeping track of events, etc. even while traveling herself. 💓💓

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Thank you once again for starting us off on a new adventure. Do so appreciate all the work you do and the summary.
Got the new desktop computer and had them disable the old one, took the old but still very nice monitor to Deseret Industries thrift store.
Spent the entire afternoon getting back on the internet. Seems my router decided to hiccup but is now working fine. I would really miss you if I couldn't catch up and see how you are doing.
Fan and those down under, Happy Mother's Day.

·
Registered
17,207 Posts
Thank you ladies for the new week and the trouble getting it sorted.
‘You have got us here and that is fantastic.

Saturday morning here fine sunny and lighting up my dirty windows so decided to clean them, and now have streaky mess instead so more elbow grease needed.
Got groceries done early so a good job out of the way before the shoppers for Mother’s Day get busy.

·
Registered
17,207 Posts
Thank you once again for starting us off on a new adventure. Do so appreciate all the work you do and the summary.
Got the new desktop computer and had them disable the old one, took the old but still very nice monitor to Deseret Industries thrift store.
Spent the entire afternoon getting back on the internet. Seems my router decided to hiccup but is now working fine. I would really miss you if I couldn't catch up and see how you are doing.
Fan and those down under, Happy Mother's Day.
Not until tomorrow it’s Saturday here. But thank you for good wishes, although am not a mother lol!

·
Premium Member
38,694 Posts
Oldest DD came over with lunch today and then she and I sat together working on a new budget for us and make plans for our future. I made sure she had copies of our will and power of attorney for both of us. I'm also adding her our financial accounts so she can help keep us on track. DH hasn't done any of the bill paying, etc. since we married and has no idea unless I tell him (which I do) what we owe and what we have. I've found myself forgetting some things more often (not to much) to feel frustrated lately and just don't want to put things off. I figure it's better to have a plan in place now than to wait. I've found it has been harder to recover from the anthesis this time so ready to more forward.

Kaye Jo, I'll try to have a talk with Gracie telling her not to allow Tilly to channel her and start stealing things off the counter. :ROFLMAO:💓:ROFLMAO:

We will go to Oldest DD's Sunday morning for a Mother's Day breakfast.

Reactions: kiwifrau

·
Registered
52,701 Posts
Oldest DD came over with lunch today and then she and I sat together working on a new budget for us and make plans for our future. I made sure she had copies of our will and power of attorney for both of us. I'm also adding her our financial accounts so she can help keep us on track. DH hasn't done any of the bill paying, etc. since we married and has no idea unless I tell him (which I do) what we owe and what we have. I've found myself forgetting some things more often (not to much) to feel frustrated lately and just don't want to put things off. I figure it's better to have a plan in place now than to wait. I've found it has been harder to recover from the anthesis this time so ready to more forward.

Kaye Jo, I'll try to have a talk with Gracie telling her not to allow Tilly to channel her and start stealing things off the counter. :ROFLMAO:💓:ROFLMAO:

We will go to Oldest DD's Sunday morning for a Mother's Day breakfast.
After all it's bad enough her doing it herself let alone teaching it to others :cautious:

·
Registered
17,207 Posts
This week a paper bag was left in letterboxes from local supermarket asking us to fill it with essential non perishables for those in need at the food banks, a great gesture which I did this morning and was pleased to see lots more stacked up in the supermarket. With prices going up so much there is a great need to help out where we can. For every bag filled the supermarket will donate another $20 per bag. I think this has gone countrywide so many will benefit from it.

1 - 20 of 978 Posts
Top Bottom