Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 1598 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knitting Tea Party, Friday 6th November, 2020

Another week takes us into November and....7 weeks until Christmas! Who knows what kind of holiday it will be this year, however the main thing is that we are all still here and still healthy. Fingers crossed that the end of 2020 might also herald the beginning of the end for covid 19.

Summary of 30th October,2020 by Darowil

The summary and following lists are a summary of last week's Tea Party and are of more value to the regulars here unable to keep up with all the chatter than to newbies - who are very welcome to join us at any time just by speaking up and making yourself known. All the pages etc refer back to last weeks tea party https://www.knittingparadise.com/t-685010-1.html

Southern Gals's niece (who lives with her) got engaged Saturday - no date in mind as yet.

A good doctor friend of flyty1n passed away from Covid on Saturday.

Fan's almost grandson has arrived safely.

Maatje has a new grandson - this one by adoption. And up in Canada her sister is needing to make decisions about their father - mentally he needs to get home but physically he needs rehab! Decision made to send him home, ideally with more services - if he was to go to rehab he would first spend 2 weeks isolated from everyone and no rehab at all in that time. And she has bought herself a new car - with help from her SILs.

flyty1n had a lesion removed from her nose - expected to be pre-cancerous. Appreciating wearing mask right now as hides the spot!

Sharon has had a shot in her shoulder and it is already feeling much better. She now has the missing pre-authorisation for the one in her back so will be getting that next week.

PHOTOS
1 - Fan - Purple speckled petunia
1 - Kiwifrau - New floors
3 - Kiwifrau - Doors
4 - Fan - Close up of petunia
5 - Kate - Apples everywhere!
6 - Gwen - Shelving
13 - Fan - Yesterday, today & tomorrow plant
21 - Darowil - Knitted bag
23 - ChrisEl - DGD's first Hallowe'en
27 - Kate - Ardrossan beach
32 - Poledra - Quilted table runner
36 - Swedenme - Fruiting passionflower
39 - Kiwifrau - First snowfall
42 - Fan - Roses
44 - Poledra - PearlsGirl's socks
45 - Poledra - Runner with binding
55 - Poledra - PearlsGirl's cowl
58 - Darowil - Inveraray, Scotland
75 - Kate - Birthday card for Heather
78 - Kiwifrau - Birthday card for Heather
82 - Bonnie - Quilt

RECIPES
33 - Bonnie - Italian Cream Cake

OTHERS
26 - Bonnie - Quebec attack (link)
62 - Maatje - Knitting and healing (link)
66 - Bonnie - Improvements in Covid 19 treatments (link)
68 - Poledra - Create and Craft network (link)

·
Registered
17,997 Posts
Thank you ladies for the new weeks party. More fireworks tonight here and there’ll probably be the same over the weekend. It’s very cold and I’m staying in and not doing much but snuffling and sneezing. I seem to be better in the mornings than the evenings. Jamie’s got things covered for the week ahead he said but will be glad when I’m back.that’s all for now, and all take care.

·
Registered
15,725 Posts
Kate and Margaret thank you for starting our week and the summaries.

Gwen, love that you have been making decisions for yourself for big purchases for years. Admire you.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Again, a huge thank you and hugs for keeping us going. We did have a shower this morning and now it is pretty cloudy. Hope, hope, hope we get some moisture out of this!
Carry on all. Love our Friday meetings!
Welcome to any newbies, pull up a chair around our table and pour a cuppa!

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
Thank you Kate and Margaret for the summaries and starting this new week. It is a very fall day, leaves again on the lawn and there is that changing weather feeling as one walks outside. Temperature is slowly dropping and wind arising. I think it was a good thing to get the snow tires on the car.
Good you are moving ahead with your life, Gwennie. You are a strong, courageous woman and I'm proud of you.

·
Premium Member
11,286 Posts
Thank you once again ladies for our new TP. Weeks sure are flying by, seems Christmas will be here before we know it. ????
Had a good day cleaning etc., etc. Front foyer vacuumed and hardwood washed with hardwood cleaner, looks fabulous. Of course now to find the perfect rug for Winter has been added to my list, I have plenty of old ones to use in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
11,286 Posts
Was interrupted by a phone call so didn’t finished what I’ve accomplished today which I might add has been another beautiful day. Should stay in the high teens till Tuesday, actually Monday & Tuesday are going to be 20, Yahoo!

Vacuumed & washed the floors in the Master bedroom and Lynnette’s Parlour. ????????
Each time I went down to the basement I would bring a piece of artwork up with me, no idea yet where any of them will go but lots of time to play around with them.

Just finished a plate of fish & chips for a quick supper, delicious! Now to relax for a few hours then off to bed. Must remember to look for my knitting basket next time I’m in the crawl space so I can sit, relax, watch TV & knit, I’m so looking forward to doing this again.

Jeremy will return Dec 7th to do the downstairs Family Room & office, looking forward to a little break! ????????????

Hope everyone is staying well and safe. TTYL.

Here’s the photo of the cat door draft stopper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
53,010 Posts
Kate & Margaret, thanks for starting us off on another week & going to the effort of the summaries.
Lynette, cute draft stopper. You will be all settled before you know it. Is the kitchen all done now?
Mindy, I hope you get a good soaking of rain so there won’t be a fire risk anymore.

I keep forgetting to tell you, I had read if you use car window wash to clean windows they will stay cleaner so I tried it. I used Rainex brand, it has something in it that makes the rain bead up & go off the window better. Anyway, I had put it in the spray bottle I use when cleaning the bathrooms & just decided to use it up rather than take it to the shop & put it back in the jug. I will never go back to Windex, my bathroom mirror always seemed to stay clean about as long as it took to clean the bathroom????before someone would have it all splattered, unsung this it stays clean, I’m impressed. My window over the kitchen sink was often splattered too & it’s staying clean too????

·
Premium Member
5,085 Posts
Bonnie7591 said:
Kate & Margaret, thanks for starting us off on another week & going to the effort of the summaries.
Lynette, cute draft stopper. You will be all settled before you know it. Is the kitchen all done now?
Mindy, I hope you get a good soaking of rain so there won't be a fire risk anymore.

I keep forgetting to tell you, I had read if you use car window wash to clean windows they will stay cleaner so I tried it. I used Rainex brand, it has something in it that makes the rain bead up & go off the window better. Anyway, I had put it in the spray bottle I use when cleaning the bathrooms & just decided to use it up rather than take it to the shop & put it back in the jug. I will never go back to Windex, my bathroom mirror always seemed to stay clean about as long as it took to clean the bathroom????before someone would have it all splattered, unsung this it stays clean, I'm impressed. My window over the kitchen sink was often splattered too & it's staying clean too????
What a grand idea. I shall pick some up tomorrow.

·
Registered
17,170 Posts
Thank you ladies for the new week.
As UK ladies are saying Guy Fawkes is going on in the neighbourhood here too, very loud last night again and probably all weekend.
Expect more when the Indian Diwali is celebrated later this month. Weather is warm wet and humid so light clothing is needed. 23C today 90% humidity yuk!
Earlier this morning I made some peanut butter chocolate fudge and taste testing has been ongoing, very yummy indeed.
Started knitting a pair of Christmas pants, and will put some of the buttons I received yesterday in mail from MaryLou.

·
Registered
71,616 Posts
Happy Friday, or Saturday, depending on where you are.
Marla and I ran, well drove, to Ft. Collins to do a bit of shopping that needed done, we only hit the places we needed to go to, and I ran into the Loopy Ewe, but I was good as gold and only got the needles I needed, but the yarn was trying to lure me in, but I told it to back off. lolol
So groceries are all put away, I got a rotisserie chicken, so we'll have that with roast potatoes for dinner.
Now to finish catching up on last week, and catch up with tonight.

Thank you Kate and Margaret for the new week, by the way.

Bonnie, love the quilt.

I know there was something else, but can't remember, oh well.

·
Premium Member
38,663 Posts
No need to admire; just what you have to do to move forward as a single parent. But thank you so much. I think part of the reason my oldest DD is so independent as that is what she saw for the first 14 years of he life...mom trying to take hold of the world with one decision after another. I will admit my DH and I have worked hard together to honor each other's opinions and independence and sometimes has been a battle of will but we've made it now.
sassafras123 said:
Kate and Margaret thank you for starting our week and the summaries.

Gwen, love that you have been making decisions for yourself for big purchases for years. Admire you.

·
Premium Member
38,663 Posts
First...before I forget again a big THANK YOU to Margaret and Kate for keeping us going. You are the best ladies!

I kept commenting away this evening and then suddenly saw Kate's post about a new week. Well too tired to go back and copy and post here too. Besides just me and my chatterbox self....LOLOL. Kiwi you sound like you are having so much fun reviving/renovating your place. Tiring I'm sure but also invigorating trying new items and changing around things displayed. Tomorrow I am planning on stating to put what is left of my yarn stash in some sort of order. I think I will sort it by color. My friend that took the bulk of what I was giving away showed me a picture of her stash and how she's done her's by color and it seems to work well. I doubt I'll finish it tomorrow but I'm going to at least start and I'm definitely not feeling overwhelmed about the amount of yarn to tackle. I don't remember if I posted a picture of my friend and the stash she took from my stash on Tuesday. I'll post it and when you see it keep in mind her car if a large SUV (can't remember the name of it) but she had to put down the middle seats and filled from the back to the front passenger seat completely up to the roof. She was happy as a clam at her new yarn. She both knits and crochets but crocheting is definitely her forte'; she is so fast and does beautiful work. She is also coming by tomorrow to see if I have any more of a rust colored skein or 3 use with the blanket she is going to be making for me. She said it is to thank you (I tried to just give her the yarn but she paid me and then kept saying it wasn't payment enough) and also for my upcoming birthday. It truly is incredible how quickly she can turn out such beautiful work. I will definitely show it to you once it is made.

kiwifrau said:
Was interrupted by a phone call so didn’t finished what I’ve accomplished today which I might add has been another beautiful day. Should stay in the high teens till Tuesday, actually Monday & Tuesday are going to be 20, Yahoo!

Vacuumed & washed the floors in the Master bedroom and Lynnette’s Parlour. 😁🥰
Each time I went down to the basement I would bring a piece of artwork up with me, no idea yet where any of them will go but lots of time to play around with them.

Just finished a plate of fish & chips for a quick supper, delicious! Now to relax for a few hours then off to bed. Must remember to look for my knitting basket next time I’m in the crawl space so I can sit, relax, watch TV & knit, I’m so looking forward to doing this again.

Jeremy will return Dec 7th to do the downstairs Family Room & office, looking forward to a little break! 🙄👍😁

Hope everyone is staying well and safe. TTYL.

Here’s the photo of the cat door draft stopper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,663 Posts
I saw your post re the draft stopper/cat thingy of Fan's and just as I started to comment....yep, I even have an old pattern somewhere with directions to make. Definitely a very simple pattern. I've often toyed with putting them at our doors but I'm afraid our pups/dogs would think they were dog toys...LOLOL.
MindyT said:
I love that door stopper. I can imagine Gwen and our other crafties just whipping up a batch for family/friends.

·
Premium Member
38,663 Posts
What a good idea Bonnie. I know what you mean about keeping the mirror clean.

Bonnie7591 said:
Mindy, I hope you get a good soaking of rain so there won't be a fire risk anymore.

I keep forgetting to tell you, I had read if you use car window wash to clean windows they will stay cleaner so I tried it. I used Rainex brand, it has something in it that makes the rain bead up & go off the window better. Anyway, I had put it in the spray bottle I use when cleaning the bathrooms & just decided to use it up rather than take it to the shop & put it back in the jug. I will never go back to Windex, my bathroom mirror always seemed to stay clean about as long as it took to clean the bathroom????before someone would have it all splattered, unsung this it stays clean, I'm impressed. My window over the kitchen sink was often splattered too & it's staying clean too????

·
Premium Member
38,663 Posts
I'm headed to bed early. TTYL
pg. 2

·
Registered
71,616 Posts
martina said:
Thank you ladies for the new weeks party. More fireworks tonight here and there'll probably be the same over the weekend. It's very cold and I'm staying in and not doing much but snuffling and sneezing. I seem to be better in the mornings than the evenings. Jamie's got things covered for the week ahead he said but will be glad when I'm back.that's all for now, and all take care.
I hope you feel much better quite soon.

1 - 20 of 1598 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom